Dan Miragliotta's Finest Moments (Worst Mistakes)

I like Tan Dan. He does good work in Glory too.

Dude made kongo/Barry possible.
He's the jbg's concubine.

We love you dan!

I was one of Dan's harshest critics back when he was screwing up constantly.

But, I have to say he might be the most improved referee in the history of the sport. I can't recall the last time he made a mistake, as opposed to when he was making at least one huge mistake per card.

He's earned my respect.

I was one of Dan's harshest critics back when he was screwing up constantly.

But, I have to say he might be the most improved referee in the history of the sport. I can't recall the last time he made a mistake, as opposed to when he was making at least one huge mistake per card.

He's earned my respect.

That's because he hasn't been doing UFC events that much. He came back recently and let Yancy Medeiros almost die. He's still horrible.

tumblr_n8zdpx9DMi1ry1rm7o3_r1_400.gif

Dang the Mir and Tavares ones are really bad.

That's because he hasn't been doing UFC events that much. He came back recently and let Yancy Medeiros almost die. He's still horrible.
He's one of the regular UFC referees, just as many now as he used to.

Post a gif/video of the Mederios stoppage. I'll give my honest assessment if it was late.

Most fans think if the referee doesn't stop the fight exactly when they would have, it's a bad stoppage. There's a grey area we have to give to the referees because they're watching from their perspective, while we're watching from the best camera angle, of two dozen possible cameras, and in slow-motion replays.

He's one of the regular UFC referees, just as many now as he used to.

Post a gif/video of the Mederios stoppage. I'll give my honest assessment if it was late.

Most fans think if the referee doesn't stop the fight exactly when they would have, it's a bad stoppage. There's a grey area we have to give to the referees because they're watching from their perspective, while we're watching from the best camera angle, of two dozen possible cameras, and in slow-motion replays.

Nah, he used to do consistently more, then there was a huge period of time where he did almost no UFC events. Like 4 months or something.

http://www.tapology.com/search/mma-fights-by-referee/dan-miragliotta

Also, there was no Medeiros stoppage, which was the issue. He let him get his ass mercilessly whooped until the final bell against Trinaldo. The only thing holding Medeiros up was the cage, and at one point he just randomly fell over because of how bad he was hurt. Dan didn't give a fuck.

Also recently I think it was the Wilson Reis fight where he let a choke go for like 2-3 extra seconds. He was just staring at the guy tapping. The guy just spaces out during fights.

Nah, he used to do consistently more, then there was a huge period of time where he did almost no UFC events. Like 4 months or something.

http://www.tapology.com/search/mma-fights-by-referee/dan-miragliotta

Also, there was no Medeiros stoppage, which was the issue. He let him get his ass mercilessly whooped until the final bell against Trinaldo. The only thing holding Medeiros up was the cage, and at one point he just randomly fell over because of how bad he was hurt. Dan didn't give a fuck.

Also recently I think it was the Wilson Reis fight where he let a choke go for like 2-3 extra seconds. He was just staring at the guy tapping. The guy just spaces out during fights.

You expect me to go through the hundreds of fights he's reffed and do the math as to which ones were with UFC over the last 9 years? GTFO.

He's significantly improved. That highlight reel of screwups were all from a '07-'10, and he hasn't had near as many screwups in the last six years.

I didn't ask for your biased description of the late stoppage, I want a gif/video of it.

You expect me to go through the hundreds of fights he's reffed and do the math as to which ones were with UFC over the last 9 years? GTFO.

He's significantly improved. That highlight reel of screwups were all from a '07-'10, and he hasn't had near as many screwups in the last six years.

I didn't ask for your biased description of the late stoppage, I want a gif/video of it.

They're in order, what the fuck are you talking about. Lol. You said you weren't able to recall the last time he made a mistake. That's because he literally was not there for months.

And no, he hasn't significantly improved. He again, wasn't there. Then he started doing UFC events again and had more questionable stoppages and non-stoppages. Simple.

also top lmao at you thinking me saying Medeiros/Trinaldo was a "bias" description. It's a universal fact from everyone that watched that fight that the non-stoppage was retarded.

He isn't a bad ref (by MMA standards), but he does seem too physical at times. He also seems like the kind of guy that would be the total asshat cop you have to deal with sometimes.

They're in order, what the fuck are you talking about. Lol. You said you weren't able to recall the last time he made a mistake. That's because he literally was not there for months.

And no, he hasn't significantly improved. He again, wasn't there. Then he started doing UFC events again and had more questionable stoppages and non-stoppages. Simple.

also top lmao at you thinking me saying Medeiros/Trinaldo was a "bias" description. It's a universal fact from everyone that watched that fight that the non-stoppage was retarded.

Any evidence as to why he was out for a few months, and welcomed back with opened arms?

You're going to have more than 'he was a bad referee' to convince anyone that isn't gullable.

Still waiting on that Gif/video.

Any evidence as to why he was out for a few months, and welcomed back with opened arms?

You're going to have more than 'he was a bad referee' to convince anyone that isn't gullable.

Still waiting on that Gif/video.

I have no idea, I don't know what the commission does. What I do know is you didn't notice him because he wasn't there. You're not the first person to say "I haven't noticed Miragliotta do anything stupid recently" either

Non-UFC fight videos aren't allowed, and it's not on youtube. Google it and watch it if you'd like, the 3rd round especially. It was objectively terrible.

They missed when he gave James Thompson a horrendous eye poke.

/EndOfDiscussion.

Have a nice day.

I never said he was removed because the commission thinks he sucked. All I said was he wasn't around which is why you didn't notice him.

Surely you're trolling at this point

Back