Dan hooker wrestling

To tell the truth, no, he wasn't KO'ed. Look it up..

The hammer fist put him out. He was initially dropped,recovered then got finished by the follow up hammer fist. I am on a phone,but watch the replay. He recovers after being dropped then gets put out.

RectangularMintyBlackandtancoonhound-size_restricted.gif

It's not a main event or co-main and there are already two 5-round fights on this card. When has the UFC ever had 5 rounds on the undercard? Why is Hooker asking for something that he knows won't happen?

You sure Hooker is asking for 5? Source.

To tell the truth, no, he wasn't KO'ed. Look it up..

Gif is above. Only short but he was out.

Does Dan hooker stand a chance against. Makhachev? I don't think so. I mean apart from a random knockout early on, what has he shown so far that could help against makhachev? His defensive wrestling held up against poirier (who's a good offensive wrestler) and al iaquinta (also good) but he never had to deal with chandler's wrestling or any other elite wrestler. Will hooker be able to fend off the takedowns and top control long enough to do his thing? I don't see it.
Hooker definitely has a good chance against Makhachev.

I am not saying he IS going to win at all.
But it would be foolish for people to think he has no chance. He COULD win.
This is top-level MMA fighting. There are many ways to win.

If Makhachev wins, I would not be surprised. The oddsmakers have it in his favor.
If Hooker wins, I would not be surprised. Do not underestimate this Kiwi fighter. He is hard-core.

The ref didn’t even give Islam time to recover. I’m very happy that guy lost his job.
He was out. Didnt even try to defend the 2nd punch and stops protecting himself. I agree the referee could wait a little more, but he did a good job

I respect your opinion, but I don’t agree and I’m not going to change my mind.

If the hammerfist had missed I would agree. He is intelligently defending until that follow up shot. First shot rocked him and he goes down and wakes up on the ground, he turns to defendd himself and then arms are ouut flailing from the glancing hammerfist. Flash KO, but he went out live from memory. If we stop fights on the feet for momentary lapses of defence then that fight shouuld be stopped even if I think it should go longer. I wish it had so this narrative was put to bed and Islam had been finished completely.

A knockout is random but a takedown can’t be?

A knockout is random but a takedown can’t be?

I'm no grappling expert but maybe a takedown is more deliberate. A fighter can throw 300 strikes in a fight but only attempt three takedowns, you sort of have to set it up more and make the most of it (I don't think this is a great explanation, someone else may say it better)

On topic I think Hooker's TDD will be better than many think, held up well against Iaquinta and I'm sure he's gotten better since then. He's been living at the PI, working out and eating right. He had a rough lead up to his last fight and I feel this camp may have been smoother in comparison.

Does Dan hooker stand a chance against. Makhachev? I don't think so. I mean apart from a random knockout early on, what has he shown so far that could help against makhachev? His defensive wrestling held up against poirier (who's a good offensive wrestler) and al iaquinta (also good) but he never had to deal with chandler's wrestling or any other elite wrestler. Will hooker be able to fend off the takedowns and top control long enough to do his thing? I don't see it.

Obviously.

Dan Hooker would've won a three round fight against Poirier in his prime.

Dan Hooker comes from a camp where they seem to produce lots of fighters WITHOUT a wrestling background that has a tremendous TDDs.

Khabib has never fought someone like Hooker either, and Islam has never did either.

With that said, I got Islam by TDs in all three rounds. I have 68/32 for Islam. That feels right.

Check the Vegas odds. They’re lopsided.

Like many good fighters going against great wrestlers, he has only one path to victory - don’t get taken and held down.

Can he? Most in the gambling world don’t think so.

Back