Dan hooker wrestling

Kono dio da!

Giorno's Father
@red
Reaction score
Does Dan hooker stand a chance against. Makhachev? I don't think so. I mean apart from a random knockout early on, what has he shown so far that could help against makhachev? His defensive wrestling held up against poirier (who's a good offensive wrestler) and al iaquinta (also good) but he never had to deal with chandler's wrestling or any other elite wrestler. Will hooker be able to fend off the takedowns and top control long enough to do his thing? I don't see it.

I hope they turn this into a 5 round fight. I mean, if Islam is indeed the real deal he should ask for this to prove he is a champion caliber fighter.

If he doesn’t push for this then maybe there’s something there

Will hooker be able to fend off the takedowns and top control long enough to do his thing? I don't see it.

DeterminedMinorLcont-size_restricted.gif

I hope they turn this into a 5 round fight. I mean, if Islam is indeed the real deal he should ask for this to prove he is a champion caliber fighter.

I mean, he already subbed a BJJ guy in the 4th, but ok I guess

Why would he push for it ? It's not a 5 rounder, he knew that since the begining, he already had a 5 round fight previously in which he finished his opponent. What is this new narrative that Islam refused a 5 round fight that was never going to happen in the first place ?

Why would he push for it ? It's not a 5 rounder, he knew that since the begining, he already had a 5 round fight previously in which he finished his opponent. What is this new narrative that Islam refused a 5 round fight that was never going to happen in the first place ?

5 rounds against a Top 10 opponent. Moises is nothing near top 10.

I think if he pushed for it he has more to gain and show people he needs to be booked for a title eliminator.

Same pay for two less rounds, why do this? Islam has already proven he can go the distance and remain effective.

Plus, it’s pretty much a guarantee with a win against Hooker that he will be in 5-round main event slots from here on out.

5 rounds against a Top 10 opponent. Moises is nothing near top 10.

I think if he pushed for it he has more to gain and show people he needs to be booked for a title eliminator.

Moises is a BJJ black belt who had never been finished before, Islam did what he wanted with him, Moises proved he's a much better grappler than Hooker. Also rankings mean fuck all.

And I would also say Haqparast is nowhere near the fighter that Islam is. So I don't really see why you are whining about Moises.

His defensive wrestling held up against poirier (who's a good offensive wrestler) and al iaquinta (also good) but he never had to deal with chandler's wrestling or any other elite wrestler. Will hooker be able to fend off the takedowns and top control long enough to do his thing? I don't see it.
I would describe Hooker as a panic oppotunistic l&p glappler.
He will shoot for a td if he's hurt or if he needs it and mostly stall after that.
It works decently well because it's surprising.

He can't do this vs Islam tho.
30 sec of top position doing nothing before Islam stand up or sweeps him max imo

Back