Media Dan Hooker wants Korean Zombie at FW

I don't really wanna see Hooker at 145lbs.
But....if it's something he is determined to do....ok.
He needs a win at this point.
He was at 145 before I believe. Weird move to go back now, especially when he'll probably lose strength and power. He's a slow LW so now he'll be even slower in comparison to FWs. And the ranked FW strikers are all top tier. AND barboza already smoked him at LW

This is the 1st fight I thought of when hooker said he was doing 145 <mma4>

only reason hooker is even remotely relevant is because he keeps calling out big names

KZ got bigger fish to fry
He actually don't

they're going to need one maybe two more fights depending on caliber of enemy

If he gets Holloway surely he goes straight to the top Holloway is not fighting KZ

Abe Lincoln is probably on the same level as Ige so he'd need to Fight someone else of equal caliber

I want this. I need KZ to avenge that loss
Current Yair thrashes current KZ imo

Hooker vs Zombie is awesome stylistically and a good way for KZ to grab a win. And if he loses, clearly he's lost a step. Could main event a free card for sure. Book it

I don't want to see this. Love both guys. This is like when they did Cowboy vs Lawler

Why don't he just learn how to grapple instead of being an even bigger weight bully than he already is. Some of these "top" lightweights shouldn't be anywhere near the top-10 when they can't grapple worth a crap lol.
He's actually pretty nasty from the bottom when it comes to jits - just doesn't do the boring wrestling part

Hooker has looked washed as fuck lately.

He needs a fight to get his confidence back not fight another killer.

Fight Alex Caceres or someone like that.

Hooker vs Zombie is awesome stylistically and a good way for KZ to grab a win. And if he loses, clearly he's lost a step. Could main event a free card for sure. Book it

lol just because he gave Holloway fits doesn't mean he's improved drastically you probably weren't put f attention or thought he was ducking fools when he's always been this good There's a whole lot of 'fans' like you

this Yair has always existed and no he isn't bowing KZ out of the water in a second meeting

if you remember those elbows that max hilariously pointed out (pun intended) are the same ones that gave KZ fits

I've been saying it all along those elbows are primarily why he's managed to make taekwondo finally work in a format like mma

some Korean grand dragon should take notes Elbows are the one element the martial art is missing and compensates for a lot of the vulnerable positions that it leaves you in

Last edited:

Current KZ puts Yair on his back and beats him up from there.

Daniel Hooker was a "never was"but a "couldve been". Another UFC cautionary tale of being that fan friendly- throw IQ into the wind- fighter. I dont think moving down to 145 will work out to the damaged vessel of Hooker. It's not too late to work hard on some ground acumen and , at least for now, put some gasoline on that phone booth .

Dana used the overrated hooker to posture the overrated Chandler...... and everyone buys into it - every time.

Lets review :
Chandler Hooker not that far removed -

Hooker in desperation
Chandler hasnt won a fight and wont win a fight vs anyone in top half dozen or so.

Someone tried warning everyone of this path when ,lol, #5 was placed next to Hookers name.

Btw, he lost the Felder fight too-

Last edited:
Reactions: Kb7
hooker isn't the same at 145. Hooker seems more durable and retains his power at 155. I don't like this change

I foresee a broken shin from checking a kick

I see KZ overwhelming Hooker in the later rounds with takedowns and/or a barrage of strikes. KZ would be motivated for this fight. But so would Hooker. Book it Dana.

WAR KZ!

Hooker isn't really a good fighter, he's much more of a brawler & not even a technical one at that. He tried to point fight against Chandler & Felder and was exposed & his ground game is mediocre to non existent.

Whack fight.

Would much rather see Zabit vs. Hooker/Zombie

Back