Dan Hooker: "I Fought Terribly Against Dustin Poirier"

Nah, he's just the worse fighter. Stop making excuses and go fold like a chair. (just kidding, I hope he kos chandler into oblivion)

lol every time he loses he says he fought terribly.

He fought well btw. His clinch game, knees and dirty boxing are some of the best in the sport. Dustin outboxed him at range and outlasted him. Very smart by Dustin to pull guard and go for the guillotine when Hooker started to gas, that completely sapped him.

Dustin looked ready to give up at the end of the second, if it was a few more seconds, I think Hooker would have stopped him, and he did good mixing up the wrestling too, Dustin is just really good, the fight made Hooker look good imo

He pushed Poirier to the brink. I think Hooker blew his wad a bit going for a finish at the end of the 2nd? Round. That fight made me feel a bit like the first time I ever watched MMA. It was brutal. Visceral.
Agree with all you've said!

Dustin is just a level above Hooker, think he'll beat Chandler though. Hooker against Justin would be a good banger, coinflip imo.

Chandler is going to finish Hooker via TKO in the first round.
skysports-bellator-243-michael-chandler_5061667.jpg

Hooker probably should've managed his energy better.

He definitely didn’t look great in the championship rounds, but I’ll admit, give him another 15-20 seconds in round 2 and he might have TKO’d Dustin.

I think he fought pretty good, Dustin didn't come out unscathed and Hooker had him almost finished at i think the end of round 1 or 2.

That being said, Hooker would benefit greatly from improving his striking defense.
Offensively i rate him pretty highly on the feet and i think he's quite well-rounded in general.
Having the benefit of Israel as a training partner has to be good. He gets hit too much but at least he realizes this.

The spamming of takedowns in the second half of the fight wasn’t pretty. Hooker lacks gas and isn’t hard to hit.
Lucky for him this fight against Chandler is 3 rounds. I think he could fix the cardio issues if he lowers down the volume he puts out and fights a bit smarter. A move up in weight could help too but I think with Khabib out the picture he has a legit shot at the belt if he can get past Chandler.

Dustin looked ready to give up at the end of the second, if it was a few more seconds, I think Hooker would have stopped him, and he did good mixing up the wrestling too, Dustin is just really good, the fight made Hooker look good imo
That fight was the type where there wasn't any losers. Hooker's stock went up even in the loss. It was the real FOTY too. The fans won and so did the UFC.

Lucky for him this fight against Chandler is 3 rounds. I think he could fix the cardio issues if he lowers down the volume he puts out and fights a bit smarter. A move up in weight could help too but I think with Khabib out the picture he has a legit shot at the belt if he can get past Chandler.
Yeah his volume was very high in his last couple of fights so maybe he can tone it down a bit and he will benefit. I think WW is in his future but he should stick with LW for a bit. I think he’s a good fighter but I don’t think he’s going to touch the belt personally. We shall see.

Yeah his volume was very high in his last couple of fights so maybe he can tone it down a bit and he will benefit. I think WW is in his future but he should stick with LW for a bit. I think he’s a good fighter but I don’t think he’s going to touch the belt personally. We shall see.
He would get wrestlefucked at WW so staying at LW in a Top 10 of mostly strikers is definitely to his benefit. Overcoming Chandler's wrestling will be huge to determining his future. He's about to turn 31 which he should be in his absolute prime regarding experience and skill within the next 2 years. He says in the video things are starting to come together for him and I believe him. We indeed shall see. I'm pumped for this fight more than Conor's fight.

Dustin should have been saying this not Dan

Dan stepped up to fight #1 when nobody else would

Back