Dan Henderson says fight with Chael Sonnen is probable

If the Shields fight showed us anything...Sonnen would handle Hendo. We still haven't seen how the current Sonnen will look in the cage without dehydrating himself like in the last few fights though...he might be an absolute monster.

So it's boring because hendo has poor takedown defense and is so inept off his back.

I think it would be a boring fight because Chael's style is boring. And like you said, Hendo won't have an answer. Outside of of a H-Bomb early in the fight, Chael imposes his will. And that's when it gets boring.

1. Sonnen isn't a whole lot better than Shields, if at all. They're fighting styles are similar and Jake has way better BJJ, though Sonnen has better striking (which isn't saying much).

2. Henderson is coming off of wins against Sobral, Fejiao, Fedor, and Shogun. He's won seven of his last eight fights, with the only loss coming to a defending champion.

1) Yes, Sonnen is a whole lot better than Shields, Sonnen is one of the best wrestles around, he's ragdolled Okami, Marquardt, Stann and Anderson. I actually like Shields, but he is not a very good wrestler, he just is relentlessly like Chael, he fails quite a lot of takedowns. Also, Chael has Greco skills as well, Shogun was able to take Hendo down in the clinch...SHOGUN!!!

2) All those guys stood in front of Dan a learnt the hard way, Shields took it to Dan with his grappling, tired him out and dominated him, thats Sonnen's style right there. Why would Sonnen do anything other than what he always does, throw a few strikes to distract his opponent and get the takedown.

Hendo would finish Chael. If he could look explosive and scramble against Fedor then he could do the same to Chael.

Chael getting H-bombed???

Ohhh man, the bisping gif may be replaced.

All the Sherdiots will predict an H-bomb ending, but the odds are on Chael winning similarly to the Shields-Hendo fight. Chael has much better cardio, a very solid chin and better MMA wrestling (especially once Dan gasses).

This may happen when jones beats chael and machida beats hendo.

I think it would be a boring fight because Chael's style is boring. And like you said, Hendo won't have an answer. Outside of of a H-Bomb early in the fight, Chael imposes his will. And that's when it gets boring.

When was the last boring fight chael was in? You must not like any ground action because chael is constantly working and improving his position.

If Hendo did not Ko him in the first, Chael would win the next two rounds for a UD 8/10 imo.

When was the last boring fight chael was in? You must not like any ground action because chael is constantly working and improving his position.

I like the ground fighting when a legit beating is handed out or fighters work the submission. And I don't expect everyone to agree, I understand it's just my opinion. But he has no power and doesn't submit guys. And he's a wrestler. I know he is very skilled, but I think he's boring.

I thought his fights against Silva were frustrating to watch and were only exciting when he got sub'd or KOd. The Bisping fight was lame as hell and even questionable that he won. In fact, the only exciting fight I have seen him in was Stann.

THis will be an interesting fight, looking forward for Chael

I am happy for him.
But I wouldn't judge what he says until him & Sonnen have to really fight each other.

I mean, Cerrone didn't mind fighting Guillard. but he had a hard time putting him away.

I would want to see if in that fight, one locks a sub and the other does not tap. Will he break his friend's arm (like Mir did to nog) or will him let go (like GSP did to Dan Hardy)?

this fight would be a one sided beating.

sonnen would put henderson on his ass with zero problems, and keep busy. I don't think he would have any problems mounting dan

Sonnen would beat Hendo

More than likely. Chael seems to have a good chin, he's faster. Dan's double-leg defense has been spotty at times. Hendo is a one trick pony at this point. He matches up well with people who will go toe to toe with him but that's about it.

meh, i wouldnt want to see these guys fight

Would God be delivering to us more manna from above? Please Lord, another H-Bomb followed by the finisher!

Shale would win. Hendo's takedown defense is pretty bad for being such a good wrestler.

shale noh hespect nathing

Back