Media Dan Hardy: Woodley wants to be famous more than he wants to be a fighter

Sounds more like Dan Hardy then anything, this guy's hasn't fought for like 10 years yet tries to put his face out anywhere he can and gives his shitty opinion on everything he can to stay relevant. Mediocre fighter only got a title shot because he was from the UK. Would have got anhilated within 30 secs in his prime by Woodley<{cruzshake}>
Erm...he’s paid by the UFC and BT Sport to give his opinion?

Sounds more like Dan Hardy then anything, this guy's hasn't fought for like 10 years yet tries to put his face out anywhere he can and gives his shitty opinion on everything he can to stay relevant. Mediocre fighter only got a title shot because he was from the UK. Would have got anhilated within 30 secs in his prime by Woodley<{cruzshake}>

Name checks out in connection with stupid post.

He just said he was contemplating a comeback like 2 weeks ago.
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/08/ufc-dan-hardy-reentering-usada-pool-comeback
This is from last August when he was reentering the USADA testing pool but I just read something recently that had Dan saying he can't wait to get another fight in the cage.

So recheck the whole "doctor said he could die from cardiac arrest" angle. Iirc he finished off his contract and said he had accomplished all set out to accomplish in the sport except win a belt and he wanted to explore other things in life. I could be wrong though. It's been a while since Dan's retirement.

You are indeed wrong. He attempted to return multiple times, but doctors advised against it due to some fairly rare condition which "could" potentially be life threatening (likely not, but a liability the UFC would not entertain). He had been pursuing opposing opinions, but I'm not sure what came of that.

So Hardy is saying that Woodley wants all the perks and benefits of fame, but without having to endure face punching and people chopping his legs to shit?

That Woodley is such a nut-job.

Yes, sir.
Besides, i never bought his outlaw punk image.. he always looked more like a corporate bloke with receiding hairline 2 me

Sounds about right, and I don't think he has the talent for the other things he is trying to do that he has for fighting.

3R4Yoe.gif

Such thottery shall not be tolerated

Woodley wants to make as much money as possible.

he wants to be famous but he isn't likable or have the "it factor" to boot. He's 38 trying to be a mumble rapper.. That's just bad in general.

idk about that. i think woodly wants to make money and have a life after fighting. tyron is for sure a fighter. His issue is his lack of control over his ego and his mindset during certain fights. I don't think he is consistent enough to be the fighter he wants to be but he is for sure a fighter. if he did all this other stuff just for the attention its a lot of fucking effort for little reward.

I dont know. I think Woodley realizes the life of a fighter is very short and isn't paying as well as it should. He is branching into other areas to ensure a life after its all said and done. Woodley is not the youngest anymore and probably felt like training and getting up in the morning isn't as easy at it used to be. Dan Hardy of all people should be able to see that since he isn't allowed to fight. I think people misunderstand Woodley a lot of times because he doesn't communicate as well. Something that changed this fightweek from what I can tell. If you look at all the champs, somehow someway they're all smart enough to invest money, time and focus on things that will help them later on. Wether that is real estate, investments, gyms, products, coaching careers, bevarages, weed, CBD, etc. Woodleys path is just much more documented and open to the public which will give you the impression he is going that route. And thats not to say it didn't for a moment. I do believe Woodley startet to focus too much on movies, music and TMZ. He even said so himself.

This week will tell us where his heart and mind is, but to say a 5x time world champion who consitently fought the number one contender (something you dont see a lot of these days) doesn't like to fight is a silly statement. Dan has been spewing tons of nonsense as of late anyways. Dude might still be salty Woodley finished Till whom Dan thought was gonna destroy Woodley (watch the inside the octagon show).

Dan Hardy isn’t a fighter anymore though. His job is literally to give his opinion... So saying he only does it to stay relevant is like me moaning about constantly finding you cleaning various public lavatories around town when you are paid to do so.

if that's the case, he should retire...now, he's going to get wrecked by burns..then his career will be dead for good.
IDK how much exactly but I'm pretty sure Woodley makes good money for fighting. So it's difficult to walk away from those paychecks specially when they are not going to be there soon.

Also you have to consider that his other affairs have to do with him being a fighter. No way he would have landed roles in movies because of his acting skills. And it's not like he is Randy Couture who has established himself (and is still a C level actor).

Josh Thomson talks a lot about it. How he went into other things at the end of his career to make a living after. And he does not make anywhere close the amount of money with his gym and podcast that he did fighting.

He's an analyst, giving his take on his own show. He hasnt been a fighter for years.

Back