News Dan Hardy wants release from UFC fight contract -- UPDATE: RELEASED

I'm not sure what everyone else said but I like Dan Hardy as a commentator. Always hated his stupid mohawk as a fighter and was glad Condit KO'd him but still, he's a solid commentator and is at least as good as Rogan at breaking down both stand up and ground exchanges.

Match him up with Mike Perry. He’s got a name and maybe hardy could still beat him???

He acted like an unprofessional cunt and got fired. I have zero problem with that.
you mind getting me up to speed? I remember a rat looking journeyman that GSP couldn't finish. I know who he is and that he retired from a medical condition.

thats kind of what every established guy in prizefighting has done for 100 years on their way out. Kind of a passing of the torch.

but let him out of his contract so he can make money elsewhere.
He was fired. Why hold his contract up to try to fuxk with a former employee of many years.

or give him some fights so he can fight it out.
If he was fired, how is he under obligation to them? that doesn't make sense

If he was fired, how is he under obligation to them? that doesn't make sense

he was fired from his commentating gig. Apparently not his fighting contract as he’s still contractually obligated and are two seperate deals.

I don’t recall anything like this with a commentator who had fights left maybe Cotoure he did some commentating but I think know he just did those as guest spots

“The only thing that’s happened is I’ve asked two different people for my release from the UFC,” Hardy said when asked for an update on his situation. “Because obviously with one contract coming to an end, it would make sense for me to leave with my fight contract as well. So I’m currently trying to get my release from the UFC so then I can start looking at other places.

“I’ve got a few ideas and a few options that I’d like to consider. But it’s just getting a hold of someone, I might have to recruit Joshua Fabia to get someone’s attention at some point.”

“I think even if it got to the stage where I could get the UFC to give me an opponent, it’s not going to be one of the ones I want,” Hardy said. “They’re not matching veterans with veterans anymore. They’re matching veterans with the new guys coming up so they can build the next name and I’m not interested in fighting someone that nobody knows.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...n-hardy-wants-release-from-ufc-fight-contract

Dan Hardy is upset the mma business is starting to look like the wrestling business. Do the Job on the way out. Jokes aside, I hope he gets his release and he gets to compete where he wants to compete.

edit:

Interesting how quick he got out of that contract.

He's been released @IngaVovchanchyn can stop crying rivers of tears now
Mocking-Cry0ab3cb0c46f52f43.gif

Not a big Hardy fan but hopefully Dana and friends don't fuck him over too badly. UFC contracts are a joke.

A very sick joke at that. Really hope that class-action law suit goes somewhere. Biggest fight anyone's put up against the UFC's corporate tyranny, anyway.

Why those fighters don't band together and unionize I'll never know.

“The only thing that’s happened is I’ve asked two different people for my release from the UFC,” Hardy said when asked for an update on his situation. “Because obviously with one contract coming to an end, it would make sense for me to leave with my fight contract as well. So I’m currently trying to get my release from the UFC so then I can start looking at other places.

“I’ve got a few ideas and a few options that I’d like to consider. But it’s just getting a hold of someone, I might have to recruit Joshua Fabia to get someone’s attention at some point.”

“I think even if it got to the stage where I could get the UFC to give me an opponent, it’s not going to be one of the ones I want,” Hardy said. “They’re not matching veterans with veterans anymore. They’re matching veterans with the new guys coming up so they can build the next name and I’m not interested in fighting someone that nobody knows.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...n-hardy-wants-release-from-ufc-fight-contract

Dan Hardy is upset the mma business is starting to look like the wrestling business. Do the Job on the way out. Jokes aside, I hope he gets his release and he gets to compete where he wants to compete.

edit:

what is this saying ‘do the job on the way out’ & what does it refer to?

you mentioned WWE so maybe @HHJ can help me?

what is this saying ‘do the job on the way out’ & what does it refer to?

you mentioned WWE so maybe @HHJ can help me?
Doing the job on the way out means,that when you are an older wrestler who has made a name for himself,in his last years,he lets younger wrestlers beat him,to help pave the way for the next generation. He makes them look good,and it validates the younger wrestler in the fans eyes

In fighting though its a bit different. No one can MAKE you lose a fight,but they can book fights to make their vision a reality. Expecting the older fighter to lose. (some idiots here actually believe an undefeated fighter must stick around until they lose,for the betterment of the sport,which i think is totally ridiculous)

Dan Hardy has not fought in a long time,and his only worth to the UFC is to put him in there with up and comers,so they can help to hype them up with victory over "name" veterans. They dont expect much out of him after all this time.

Doing the job on the way out means,that when you are an older wrestler who has made a name for himself,in his last years,he lets younger wrestlers beat him,to help pave the way for the next generation. He makes them look good,and it validates the younger wrestler in the fans eyes

In fighting though its a bit different. No one can MAKE you lose a fight,but they can book fights to make their vision a reality. Expecting the older fighter to lose. (some idiots here actually believe an undefeated fighter must stick around until they lose,for the betterment of the sport,which i think is totally ridiculous)

Dan Hardy has not fought in a long time,and his only worth to the UFC is to put him in there with up and comers,so they can help to hype them up with victory over "name" veterans. They dont expect much out of him after all this time.

thanks, yes I see it is a WWE concept that works.

it seems (I don't know) that wrestlers still get a lot of love thereafter

yes sadly MMA is quite a diff game.

it is sad that Dana likes to kill fighters names so that they cannot profit from them thereafter. if he had a bigger vision he could manage their careers so that they never left, still drew fans, and fought other legends far less often for everyones benefit. Dana is a cunt and a weirdo.

and sad that 'fans' turn on fighters after they are on a slide.

I think MMA fans are seldom even fans of the sport for life, yet WWE guys seems to be? You might know on the latter, the former seems true for me IRL and on here

it is sad that Dana likes to kill fighters names so that they cannot profit from them thereafter. if he had a bigger vision he could manage their careers so that they never left, still drew fans, and fought other legends far less often for everyones benefit. Dana is a cunt and a weirdo.
This is just how fighting is. All fighting.

Once you start to lose,once you lose what you used to have...the name and the past is all you have left. So the promotion only has this to work with,and the best way to utilize it,is a stepping stone for the next generation.

There was nothing he could do for Diego or Cerrone or BJ Penn. Their time has come and gone way before he stopped using them. They drew fans because of their past,but could not really deliver in the cage any longer.

This is hardly a Dana White thing. It's how fighting is,and forever will be.

This is just how fighting is. All fighting.

Once you start to lose,once you lose what you used to have...the name and the past is all you have left. So the promotion only has this to work with,and the best way to utilize it,is a stepping stone for the next generation.

There was nothing he could do for Diego or Cerrone or BJ Penn. Their time has come and gone way before he stopped using them. They drew fans because of their past,but could not really deliver in the cage any longer.

This is hardly a Dana White thing. It's how fighting is,and forever will be.

we see the management of this very differently

Back