Dan Hardy Refuses to Fight Mickey Gall

Dan Hardy vs Mickey Gall

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At UFC on FOX 22 this past weekend, Gall surprised many by calling out the former UFC welterweight title challenger. Hardy, who has not fought since 2012 but continues to ponder a return to action, responded on “The MMA Hour” recently.

“I’m not looking at knocking off a future contender that I’m possibly going to be commentating for in the future. And at the same time, if I was going to fight, I want to fight a veteran,” Hardy said (thanks to MMA Fighting for the quotes). “I want to fight someone who’s had 20, 30 fights, who’s matured in their game and is sure of their fighting style, rather than someone who’s still developing. I like to see the development of these young fighters and I don’t want to interfere with that in any way. I’m 10 years older.”

http://www.mmanews.com/dan-hardy-turns-down-mickey-galls-fight-request/

Doesn't see the point in it

/=/

Refuses

Hardy is too fucking nice man. He's a good man but I don't know, Gall definitely has talent on the ground but he needs to be lit up on the feet and then work on his standup.

Look what Cub did to DHC. I take it back, Dan, fight this motherfucker you motherfucker!

It's an okay call out but Mickey gall is still not ready for a dan hardy who's been out of the game

Gall doesn't deserve Hardy at this point.

Hardy would knock him out, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. Galls striking is not good.

Wouldn't mind seeing it. I think Hardy wins really without much trouble at all and no, I don't think he's ducking.

Gall, try calling out Condit. :p

Gall like a 16 year old kid trying to pull an older woman in a nightclub.

She might let you grab her arse and have a squeeze of her boob, but she aint taking you home.

aka Dan Hardy wants to headline and be PAID if he's coming back. Wants a big name that sells. Don't blame the guy.

sage was lighting him up and left him with a black eye

wtf do you think the outlaw would do

Gall like a 16 year old kid trying to pull an older woman in a nightclub.

She might let you grab her arse and have a squeeze of her boob, but she aint taking you home.

Great analogy

Hardy has been retired for a while. It's not really refusing/ducking when you are retired...

hardy needs to protect himself and stay retired for his health.

I see no problem with it. Hardy doesn't NEED to come back, and certainly not against someone like Gall. He may not be a huge name, but Hardy is still a name. He shouldn't be fighting guys on bottom end of the top40. He should be fighting guys in the fringe top 15-20 range, or legacy fights. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight BJ, Erick Silva, Tim Means, or even Cote.

Give him WW Siever or Matt Brown. He needs good rebound fight.

Hardy is not ducking and the conversation they had about it makes sense. No arguing or trash talking, just a gentleman's discussion.

Pretty weird to call out or even suggest a fight with a guy who has been retired for years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back