Dan Hardy Refuses to Fight Mickey Gall

Dan Hardy vs Mickey Gall

• Total voters
If Hardy comes back and fights, its for a money fight that could propel him into a fight against a top5 contender.

Gall is not that ticket.

Waste of Hardy's time. Why the hell would he want to get out of bed to train for Mickey freakin' Gall?

Hardy is coming back for a name fight. He is a name and former challenger. This makes sense. He doesn't need to come back unless there is incentive. Why would people criticize him for this?

Desire is such an integral part of fighting. Most couch-potato-MMA enthusiasts don't understand that you need motivation or you are gonna lose. Hardy wants motivation.

Is normal.

Not ducking.

His explaination is perfectly logical that its 'all loss, no gain' reguardless of the outcome.

Oh absolutely, Dan Hardy, the guy who took on GSP, Carlos Condit, and Rumble Johnson, is ducking Mickey Gall.

Why isn't there a "don't care either way" option?

He needs to chill out and just keep progressing slowly, there are dozens of unranked guys that would clown him at this point in his career (Think Platinum Perry vs Jouban and how that went down).
I'm cool with him picking off all the UFC wonderboys though...smashing

Hardy would knock him out, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. Galls striking is not good.
and neither is Hardy's wrestling/ground game.. Gall would tap him

Hardy's logic makes perfect sense. Fighting Gall isn't as big for him as it would be for Gall. If he wins no one really cares and if he loses people shit on him and say he doesn't have what it takes anymore. Nothing wrong with him denying this fight and Gall said he completely understand what Hardy was saying so all good

Isn't Dan hardy still suffering from a medical condition, and isn't cleared to fight?

I think Dan sees it would be pointless.

Hardy isn't going to be coming back and vying for the title, so why come back and potentially stifle an up and coming guy when Hardy will be back for one or two fights max?

He needs to chill out and just keep progressing slowly, there are dozens of unranked guys that would clown him at this point in his career (Think Platinum Perry vs Jouban and how that went down).
I'm cool with him picking off all the UFC wonderboys though...smashing
Jouban went home with broken bones and a medical suspension after facing Mike Perry.

Hardy takes that easily. And I like his professional attitude displayed by his answer. I don't want to see it. Anybody saying Hardy is ducking is completely clueless.

aka Dan Hardy wants to headline and be PAID if he's coming back. Wants a big name that sells. Don't blame the guy.

Oddly enough mickey is about the hottest name he could draw and it most likely would headline a fight night. Mick's prime time resume of cm punk & sage isn't the stuff of legends but he's clearly in the casuals eyes after those fights. I agree with your statement concerning how Dan probably feels towards it though

Pretty weird to call out or even suggest a fight with a guy who has been retired for years.

At 4-0 and 2 main card events, it leaves gall in a bit of a predicament. He's not experienced enough to draw a solid veteran nor could you after his fights but him in against some random guy. Dan did the right thing but imo gall did too. It was/is a very smart call out on his part

and neither is Hardy's wrestling/ground game.. Gall would tap him

He's been submitted once in the UFC, and that was after he was losing a striking fight and shot for a takedown.

Hardy is much more well rounded than Gall is. Yes he had a four fight losing streak but three of those guys were GSP, Condit and Rumble.

He's been submitted once in the UFC, and that was after he was losing a striking fight and shot for a takedown.

Hardy is much more well rounded than Gall is. Yes he had a four fight losing streak but three of those guys were GSP, Condit and Rumble.
Maybe so, but Hardy hasn't fought in how long? Gall has at least had 4 wins in the time he hasn't been fighting, and if you will fight a guy who is a bad matchup for you, you're probably gonna lose, I always felt that Hardy was an overrated finisher

Back