Media Dan Hardy has asked UFC for Matt Brown

I’m in the UK and Dan Hardy ain’t no main stream star, and Matt Brown certainly ain’t. I don’t know what he thinks he’ll sell out. Also with our politicians nothing is selling out any time soon. Hardy will be 50 by the time that can happen

and the losses have definitely piled up towards the end. In his last couple his looked like a shadow of former self and that the mileage from so many wars has caught up to him. Hardy on the other hand doesn't have the mileage on him that most fighters his age have.

I like to bet but I won't be betting on this one unless one of them massive fav (then I will bet on the underdog).
For sure, his chin is very much gone, if Hardy could come in with a significant speed advantage, fight on the outside with straight punches, he could get something off... I didn't realise until now though Matt Brown is the taller fighter with longer reach, wonder what Dan's game plan would be.

Yeah I wouldn't bet on shit, other than I can't see Dan getting finished if he does lose.

Please JBG. Just gift us with a stupid red mohawk face planting on the canvas and a hairy viscous animal standing atop, double checking to make sure his elbow isn't broken.
Dan's entire training camp would probably be focusing on not getting hellbowed i'd imagine lol.

Can a mod change the title so it doesn't say "Says Will Sell Out London" when no one said that... Or if they did can TS provide actual proof.. EDIT: Thanks :)

Also apparently Nick Diaz was the 2nd name if anyone cares..

Last edited:
I think that is very risky. Hardy is a complete unknown currently who was near top of the division when he medically retired. He looks in pretty good shape and was a KO artist which means he has a shot IMO. While I think Matt being fav makes sense it certainly isn't a done deal.

mate are you on crack? Can I have some

I see what you did there Dan! No seats available is instant sell out! Well played :)

Can a mod change the title so it doesn't say "Says Will Sell Out London" when no one said that... Or if they did can TS provide actual proof..

Also apparently Nick Diaz was the 2nd name if anyone cares..

I’ve edited the title myself. I misinterpreted the “blow the roof off” phrase as selling out the arena for some reason.

I’ve edited the title myself. I misinterpreted the “blow the roof off” phrase as selling out the arena for some reason.
Thanks my dude! <RomeroSalute>

It will benefit the thread.

Dan Hardy has the TDD of a rookie. Once Immortal clinches with him once, it will be over.

Nobody in London cares about Hardy, he might be a bit popular in Nottingham though kind of like Leon in Birmingham

Nobody in London cares about Hardy, he might be a bit popular in Nottingham though kind of like Leon in Birmingham
Only in that nobody cares about anyone in the entire sport in London.. Hardy would get a huge pop in London though, no doubt about it.. He had fans travelling around the world to see him before he even joined the UFC, I don't think Darren Till or Leon did to anywhere near the same extent.

Both Leon and Dan would be more popular in London to a bigger crowd just by default, than a smaller crowd of people who know them in their respective cities.. People will support anyone if it's British anywhere in Britain, get Phil Mitchell in the place goes wild, get the most popular weather man in the Octagon, the place goes wild.

Only in that nobody cares about anyone in the entire sport in London.. Hardy would get a huge pop in London though, no doubt about it.. He had fans travelling around the world to see him before he even joined the UFC, I don't think Darren Till or Leon did to anywhere near the same extent.
Londoners wont have much interest, but people from Nottingham may come since its not too far away. Hardy was more popular back then when there weren't many brits in the UFC, the only guy who got a bit of attention in London was Brad Pickett

Apart from the theoretical fight...why so many people here would love to see Hardy getting KTFO? Where the hate comes from?

Londoners wont have much interest, but people from Nottingham may come since its not too far away. Hardy was more popular back then when there weren't many brits in the UFC, the only guy who got a bit of attention in London was Brad Pickett
I think Londoners will, regardless the crowd won't exclusively be Londoners, the cards are so rare in England the crowds are a complete mix whether Liverpool, Manchester or London..

Like compared to who though?.. other than Bisping he likely gets the biggest pop in London than anyone in the MMA, I think you'd be surprised, he has an old school following and if crowd noise is anything to go by, his old supporters were pretty loud even when not fighting in England... He's also got 114k subscribers on Youtube and 370k on Twitter .. Darren Till known for his media presence on Twitter has 297k , Leon Edwards 64k ..
He'd get far more of a reaction than Brad Pickett in London who has 67k.

Apart from the theoretical fight...why so many people here would love to see Hardy getting KTFO? Where the hate comes from?
He's got many haters because they think he thinks he's a lot better than he is(At MMA),and gives off a pretentious vibe at times..seems a bit arrogant, and the whole Herb Dean "STOP THE FIGHT!' thing fucked a lot of people off.

I'm looking at hardy fighting the same way I look at jones to heavyweight, been chirping about it so long that I'm quickly losing interest. I'll believe it when I see it but I do like this fight for both guys.
Quickly losing interest? It only took you ten years bud, lol.

Back