News Dan Hardy comeback vs. Tyron Woodley targeted for spring 2022

Lol imagine the guy a bunch of sherpups said would beat prime GsP ends up losing to his consensus worst opponent during his reign.

iu

I, for one, miss Dan in the UFC commentary. He was a huge fan of the sport and was good analysing fights. Sure, he wasn't perfect but nobody is. I also liked he called out Herb, I like the passion and drama :p

I, for one, miss Dan in the UFC commentary. He was a huge fan of the sport and was good analysing fights. Sure, he wasn't perfect but nobody is. I also liked he called out Herb, I like the passion and drama :p

Not a big fan of Hardy, but agreed

No. This would never have been classified as a super fight.

It is to me. Super fights are most of the time just 2 fighters with name recognition that aren't necessarily fighting for rankings or not in tournament context. It doesn't have to be an once in a life time epic collision of 2 legendary fighters.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/08/dan-...ley-if-he-pushes-the-pace-at-ufc-228-7925144/

Also watch the the "Inside the Octagon" Episode for UFC 228. Very similar odf what is in the link and also extremely critical of Tyrons skills in comparison to Tills.
Meh..Was a surprising performance from Woodley..
He’d put on 3 snoozers before this fight to go off of, and Till was 17-0-1.

Dan Hardy is a damn good Analyst compared to many. Can’t always be right when you talk for a living.

Man, so Woodley got a tattoo that said 'I love Jake Paul' and then Jake Paul stiffed him on the fight? That is a depressingly low point in the career of Tyron Woodley.
Why would you look at it like that?

Woodley made more money in 1 boxing match them his entire UFC career. He tried to double that payday and got the tattoo but like Jake said he moved on.

He's riding higher now than ever.

odd fight to push for, Dan trying to get knocked the fuck out?

Dan going for a quick payday? When is the last time he even fought? I guess he has a better shot at boxing than MMA these days, but still tough. Tyron obviously isn't a world class boxer but he has been active and training.

Why a boxing match?? Don't care, won't watch.

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/11/16...ack-vs-tyron-woodley-targeted-for-spring-2022

863781726.0.jpg

While Tyron Woodley won’t be getting the Jake Paul rematch he was hoping for, it seems that “The Chosen One” is still in high demand outside of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).

Ariel Helwani reported through his Substack that Woodley and former UFC fighter-turned commentator, Dan Hardy, are in the process of working out a boxing match for Spring 2022. It will be Hardy’s first professional combat sports match since a diagnosis of Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome derailed his combat sports career in 2012.

It’s a fight Hardy has been talking about a lot lately, recently complaining that Woodley was ducking him.

“My contract is signed,” he said in an interview with Submission Radio. “And I know that he’s got a contract sitting in front of him, and the deadline is approaching, and he doesn’t want to sign it. And I don’t know why. I don’t know what the deal is because terms have been agreed, money’s been agreed, date’s been agreed, rules and conditions, weight class, everything’s been agreed! But he hasn’t yet signed the contract. So, you tell me. Tyron Woodley, why have you not signed it, Frozen One?”

Perhaps it was because Woodley was holding out on the possibility of a Jake Paul rematch. Woodley and Paul fought to a split decision back in Aug. 2021 with Paul having his hand raised. A rematch seemed contingent on Woodley getting an, "I love Jake Paul" tattoo, but while Woodley got the tattoo it seems like Paul has moved on.

“Now, he’s saying you have to sign the contract and then I’ll get the tattoo,” Paul said soon after their fight. “The tattoo was a bet before this fight. It was the loser had to get the tattoo. So now he’s trying to change it to make it for the rematch. It doesn’t make sense [to fight him again]. If he would have gotten the tattoo now and that clip goes viral and everyone’s like ‘Jake do it,’ I’d be like, ‘I kind of have to do this.’ But, he f—ked up.”

During a press conference for the upcoming Paul vs. Tommy Fury fight, Jake buried the possibility of a rematch for good.

“By the time he got the tattoo we had already moved on to fighting Tommy Fury and making that fight negotiation happen,” he said. “I don’t really think the people want to see Tyron vs. Jake Paul again. He had his chance.”

As for Tyron, he’s still talking more about Jake than Dan.

For the first time ever.....I'll be cheering for Woodley.

Wolff Parkinson White is no joke and could result in a heart attack during the fight even if it's been treated. I hope Dan is being safe about this match up.

Outside of DC he has the most genuine passion for the sport of any of the announcers.

Back