Damo Marino's spindly apendages

Good consistency, although I don't understand what you are saying alot of the time! I try and read it with an Aussie accent, which I think helps. What is a G.C??
Good cunt

Cheers milkman
I'm a bit stressed because my back is giving me grief- intend on competing in jits so have been using this as a diary- I'm a kiwi so I use heaps of kiwi slang

Lol. Sweet as bro, aye? Or something like that. I worked with a few kiwis over the years. They were all G.Cs as you say.

Last edited:
Day 76
Day off work - now 38yo
Bike to gym
Skipped for 3*2's
Brief shadow
Did maybe 5 rounds on bag
1&2 focused on boxing
3&4 focused on setting up whip
5 did some lows
Skipped for 5

Jarring of the bod a good reminder why I've switched to Jits
Bike home

EAT CAKE

Days 77and 78 off

Day 79
My No Gi double up
Learned arm drag hip to hip and sprawl?
Then rolled....sucked.....silly pricks going hundy bundy....knee bars and knee on balls and spazzy explody aaaaaaaaaaargh god I'm gonna get injured
What did I learn? pick my rolling partners
Did my first legit pass and sub....yay me

The arvo session was a bit better,
The main man showed us some kind of spinning death roll that tacks onto the drill we did in the A.M.
After you pull opponent down to floor, right hand on partner/ opponents chin and pulls it to the left, left hand snakes under their arm roll over onto back, kick self out 90 degrees to their bod...
It puts you in a very dominant side control position, I think there must be a sub after....

Gonna have to drill the hell out of this one

Did some stop/ start rolls with my fellow whitey's
They took it easy, I took it easy, happy happy joy joy
Shadow boxed for fun and watched some of the Gi class, saw some things that will be handy, thank you brown belts, thank you jesus

Chins: 6,5,4,3,2,1,5,4,3,2,1,4,3,2,1,3,2,1,1, I 15 sec rest between/ strict form 1 second up 3 seconds down

Last edited:
Day 80

The feels:
In my brain no gi is on immediately after work, in reality....no
Stepped on the mat and everyone started shadow boxing....mma
Technique: Did a drill of under/over hook one arm, (my right arm)control (their left)arm and head, skip knee (left knee)body and head, elbow (left) head while still hooking/controlling arm, (all one movement} elbow arm hooks under chin, right leg steps behind while twisting opponent, side control, legs trap their right arm> so much rad
Sparring: my confidence in punches and kicks went 'see ya' as soon as I got taken down....white belt jits dont work down here
Lols on the outside....rivers of tears on the inside
Whats the take away Rener?....tdd and wrestling....I needs it badly

No Gi class was afta
Brain still focusing on crushed ego
Technique: opponent does single leg..you kimura grip and sweep them into side/top control, glad my bluey partner coached me through it
Arms: Their right on outside of my leg, my left reaches over their right, my right grabs their left, my left grabs my right, I sit on my but and scissor my legs so my hips are down on the mat, roll them on their side, pull arm off, can also be turned into straight arm bar

Like all other techniques will have to drill this forever
Blue affirms that kimura is the bee knees

Rolled (got rolled) need to do more more more and do it smarter
Had a couple of deep and meaningfuls with otha dudes lolol...I ache
Used rumble roller, stretched back, young Thai boxer showed me bjj drill...too meke

Whats the take away Rener?......Rener?

Day 81

I ache, knees, elbows back and balls
I have a plan for this evening

5*20 of each of the following
Glute bridges to hip up and triangle
Invert spin on back to hip up and triangle
Spider man press-ups
Bird dogs

Sunrise salutations

Day 82 and 83 off
Day 84

Bike
Fucked up and left my shorts at home, had to tick up new ones damn

4*3min on bag w 1 min rest
10 press up/20 crunch until I reach 100 and 200 respectively

Bonus:Rumble roll right upper leg, have been limping around on a wrecked knee, think I've bruised something, hope it isn't more than that ie a ligament.
I have a grazed middle knuckle on my right hand, punching through a layer of wrap and boon bag glove I'm fairly certain this is evidence that I have a decent right cross.
I have pain that comes and goes in and around my metacarpal and proximal phalanges
I'll have to start using my 16s when I do bag work.

Will also do some kind of upper body workout tonight, might do day 81 again

Last edited:
Day 85 off as Straya day
Today is 86
Ventured back to the MMA class.
Might as well as the coach is a pro MMA fighter who's base is Jits.

Warmed up etc, then did a repeat of the previous class' tech, also did a drill where we end up in opponents half guard with our ankles locked preventing them shrimping out.
Helashin light sparring with peeps, good though as I don't want a striking challenge.
Explained to my partners that my bod is pupu so please don't hurt it.
They got it until they got excited.....lolol....happy to tap.

Then did No Gi.
Did another death roll drill.
Bump arm up and get into side back control.
Left foot to their back left knee, right knee to their back right knee, collapse their knee and roll them over yours maintaining control, get onto their side and under hook for an arm in triangle.

At this point knee feels like it's mashed which is good because its distracting me from my mashed back, elbow and ankle.

Rolled just defending as I'm very cognizant of my creaking joints.
Black belt dude showed my how to entangle standing opponent with legs to sweep...oh yes
White belt gave me a trachea cuddle...oh no

Chins: 6,5,4,3,2,1,5,4,3,2,1,4,3,2,1,3,2,1,1, I
Inverted guard play

Bike
Kiss son
Salad+water

Needs more body-weight workouts

Last edited:
damn son day 86 and 87 off, getting tight and work is dropping away

Damn. I never understood how the word "cunt" was used as a term of endearment down there til now.

sddefault.jpg

day 88
knee feels flimsy as fuck
showed up half an hour late to wrestling class so just hit bag
maybe four decent rounds
about 20 guys showed up to spar
overheard some chook loudly wondering why I wasnt sparring
because fuck up thats why

moved around a bit and did some chins
knee slips when I brasil kick or whip

boo hoo :'(
time heals all wounds
time and surgery

wrestling dude showed me how to reguard ;)
2 days to go
better make em' torture

Back