Damo Marino's spindly apendages

Approx. 15min to do the following with as little rest as possible, dynamic movement between sets:
3*20 inclines = 60
15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4 push ups = 114
5*3 dips on horizontal bar =15

Aprox 20 min to do the following with a little rest as possible:
5*20 Australians= 100
5* 5,4,3,2,1 pulls= 75
5 clean myself above horizontal bar
5*20 crunches= 100

5 min Gynastica naturale.
10 press up variations & 10 sit up variations for 5min*3.
5 min Gynastica naturale.

Busy weekend
Saturday biked with the boy to the skate park and did 3 drop-sets of pushups (10-1)
Sunday went to the last Monthly masters of the year and did 16*5 minute rounds with 10min rest.
Did well considering I haven't rolled in almost 2 Months, focused on guard and retention, caught a couple of subs.
Today I did yoga focusing on back and hips.

A couple of kgs from lightweight.
Gonna have to monitor my feels and nutrition coming into 2019.
I was on track in 2014 but let my discipline fall off
As a reminder.
  • Light – 76 kg (167.5 lbs)
  • Middle – 82.3 kg (181 lbs)
Thursday I've managed to shake a crook guts.
3 drop sets of spider man type pushups 10-1 with one minute rest between sets.
1 muscle up every 20 seconds for 5 minutes.
Cold shower.

Did 1 muscle up every 30sec for about 15 min in 34 degree heat.
Managed to tear a callous off on my right hand.
Got given some momentum pointers from a fellow swoldier.

Last edited:
A session of pushups at the local park with the boy, boy is learning like a sponge and loving it
Have done a cupply yoga sessions over the last week, working on balance

TIMES TWO ON THE ABOVE

Grading at absolute next week so will have to do a week of burpees so I can smash the brothers

Last edited:
three sessions of yoga so far this week, drop sets of pushups for lunch

Xmas and NY
Ate well and no piggery, staying on my disciplined steez, fuck a resolution.
At least three sessions of yoga a week, at least two bodyweight sessions per week and have been rolling regularly.

Most recent lunch time work out:
5*8 ozzies, 5*5 single muscle ups, 5*5 close grip pulls, 5-2 commando's each arm-20 minutes.

Jits tonight, gonna try and use some presh on coach, he's off to Rocinha tomorrow for a Month, gonna miss him until Monthly masters as I might be going back to absolootch.

Family is happy

Mon
We do knee on belly escapes-elbows tight and connect to opponent bridge out-simples
When passing half pressure: extend bottom arm and then use bottom knee in arm pit to take it out of the battle, then focus on top knee. Pick one of opponents legs and quickly two on one and jam under your legs then work toward the over under with pressure. Speed: place one arm on the mat near ukes groin and dive into the over under switching hips quickly to get past the legs.
Tue
I got smashed by all then we shared a beer to farewell coach.
Lunch time park session was hip opening work, my right hip is a lot less flexible than my right, I do the same routine in the evening.
Wen
Lunch time session is push
I do three drop sets of 8-1 incline push, one min rest between sets
three drop sets of 9-1 push, one min rest between sets, if my momentum stalls out I freeze in the spider man position to 'rest'
I pull myself above the bar and hold the push position at the top*5
Then burned out with some drop sets of incline push
Thur and Fri
Yoga fire!!

Last edited:
Mon
3 drop sets of 10-1 of pushups playing with tempo but exploding as much as possible, felt great.
Took me around 15min all up.

Evening session is jits, we do back take from side control, nogi >
Keys: wedge knee near uke's head between their nearside elbow and torso, switch hips to kesa, step over head with chest behind elbow, secure kimura grip/ giftwrap of top arm, step leg back and switch shin behind uke's back in line with their spine, step top leg over and, using bottom shin as a wedge push and pull uke onto you getting both hooks.
When taking mount use incremental pressure and pin knees to uke as often as possible, use knees elbows and chest to stabilize and control hips, torso and arms.
When in low mount splay own legs using knees to base against mat and feet to base against uke's hips.
Try and isolate uke's arms before sitting on chest to high mount, once their shoulders are isolated you can take the submission easily.

Tuesday is my day of birth.... 41......

Last edited:
Lost job and trained like a nut
Did a lot of body weight stuff in the local long jump pit.
Yoga and bike for the last month.
Need to get into regular rolling again

A local blackbelt has offered open mat every Sunday for free, the only fee is the 50 annual insurance.
That plus the NFP jits I attended up until recently will be 3 rollin sessions a week.
Have reduced my workouts to 10 of 1/2 my max reps in pull push and squat.
Yoga and move most days, the sandpit makes it feel like Kushti.

Well, Ive had an unpleasant time of it, work has been rubbish....high stress industry with little to no reward, I have the respect of respectable peers which is something to be grateful for although it's something I've always managed to work toward.
Mrs and I have sat down and decided to get our priorities straight and move toward the lives we want to live, move out of some of the cycles we've created.
  • Still biking every day when the bike is in good nick
  • Doing yoga most days and rolling with intention in jits
  • Being disciplined around setting myself at a disadvantage against less experienced grapplers
  • Spamming positions and working taught techniques into my favourite positions
  • Making minor adjustments
  • Not drinking, not smoking, not eating crap
  • Have also invested in a dedicated strength and mobility regime
Quality is the key

Also my boy got his first stripe last week....very good

Pretty sure I’ve torn something in my knee starting from standing with large team mates, sokay I love grappling

Have worked comps helping organisers, it’s good contributing to the community, seeing familiar faces and watching mates compete.
It’s also good keeping the relationships alive with people I value.

Two jits sessions this week, one of the more enthusiastic brothers took warm up and I also did specific td work with him at the end.
Tiny classes at the moment because the weather is mud but the people who are there are all there because they love it and it shows when you roll.
Body is a little achy from mid pace takedowns, I keep suggesting strongly that they should be compulsory.
Pub hol this weekend so have a day to be domestic and maybe get some prison burpees in.
Boy got another stripe on his belt, proud dad.

Need more warrior walk, level change, table top

Back