Damn son, hand me my crow and let's figure this out

I bet on Brunson but Edmen is still very young, 22. He probably needs to work on his Strength and Conditioning more.

Not only did I predict Edmen to win, but thought he was gonna decapitate Brunson.

I thought Brunson was gonna rush forward like he always does, get caught and thats it.

3 things I'm shocked by:
1- Edmen's striking looked horrible. I guess him being another Edmund fighter shouldn't surprise me but striking looked solid prior to tonight. Now, his hands looked labored, sloppy, no jab, unbalanced footwork , etc .

2- Brunson was actually calm and calculated, at least by his standards. He didn't just rush in carelessly, but took his time more and found openings for that good ol' wraslin'. Hats off to him.

3- Can we chalk this loss up to Shahbazyan gassing? Did he just punch himself out early on? His TDD looked sus af.

Welp, anotha one. Hype train derailed.

This is why I don't gamble lol

Akhi you are an idiot. You have no eyes

Just by looking at his body I knew he was a marketing ploy with no conditioning.

Brunson’s losses have only come to top guys. He’s been gleaning big fight experience for awhile. Do I think he’s ever gonna be the champ or top 5, no, but I think he’s a solid well rounded and dangerous fighter.

You really gotta rate someone on their biggest weakness, not their best attribute.

His cardio is a problem, and I really feel like he was relying heavily on his overhand to land. He seemed so one dimensional in comparison to Brunson.

Here it is, pretty cold like you always like it ;)

eat-crow-plate-1035x666.jpg
I hope he skipped dinner

Edmond's fighters crack when they don't steamroll their opponents.

I picked Edmen but I wasn't very confident. The last time we saw him go past the first he faded pretty bad lost the 3rd to Darren Stewart. With such a big step up in competition I didn't like his chances if he wasn't able to put Brunson away early; just banked on him being able to land something. Honestly I wasn't all that confident in any of my main card picks, and the only one I got right was Luque haha.

I don't know what you guys are watching.

Jitters? Confidence?

The clinch work, grappling, takedowns, transitions and pressure from Brunson caused that. Edmen hadnt gone into the second round in the UFC since his debut. His cardio was why he initially began to slow down. Then Brunson was why it happened so expeditiously and why he lost. This isn't rocket science.

He's fucking twenty two. Got damn.

Not only did I predict Edmen to win, but thought he was gonna decapitate Brunson.

I thought Brunson was gonna rush forward like he always does, get caught and thats it.

3 things I'm shocked by:
1- Edmen's striking looked horrible. I guess him being another Edmund fighter shouldn't surprise me but striking looked solid prior to tonight. Now, his hands looked labored, sloppy, no jab, unbalanced footwork , etc .

2- Brunson was actually calm and calculated, at least by his standards. He didn't just rush in carelessly, but took his time more and found openings for that good ol' wraslin'. Hats off to him.

3- Can we chalk this loss up to Shahbazyan gassing? Did he just punch himself out early on? His TDD looked sus af.

Welp, anotha one. Hype train derailed.

This is why I don't gamble lol
Woulda been dumb to bet on Edmen he was such a big favorite. I dropped 50 bucks on Brunson but I didn't have high hopes hed actually win lol, but I know he's a tough out.

I don't know what you guys are watching.

Jitters? Confidence?

The clinch work, grappling, takedowns, transitions and pressure from Brunson caused that. Edmen hadnt gone into the second round in the UFC since his debut. His cardio was why he initially began to slow down. Then Brunson was why it happened so expeditiously and why he lost. This isn't rocket science.

He's fucking twenty two. Got damn.
Tbf there was all this hype around him pushing o be the UFCs youngest champion. Clearly Edmen and his team bought into the hype too much. Smart move is he he joins a legit MMA camp then takes his time slowly building back up, not trying to jump up the ladder too quickly again, whilst focusing on his conditioning.

Tbf there was all this hype around him pushing o be the UFCs youngest champion. Clearly Edmen and his team bought into the hype too much. Smart move is he he joins a legit MMA camp then takes his time slowly building back up, not trying to jump up the ladder too quickly again, whilst focusing on his conditioning.

That fight had nothing to do with hype, only the expectations of it. Nothing Edmen succeeded or failed at in that fight had anything to do with it either. Instead, Brunson and Edmen's experience did.

Edmen is young as hell. Maybe this will be the best thing for him. Brunson is far from a bum and he's fighting more patiently and smarter than ever.

You could say that maybe Edmen will eventually need to leave his current camp. He might not which could stunt his growth. He's far from done and he's a solid fighter and a great prospect. People lose all the time in MMA. Suredawg treats losses horribly.
Yep, it's fun to make fun of the train derails but the reality is that this is mma not boxing, Max had like 3 loses in a row at some point and ended up becoming a champ and fighting for a belt in another division, Dustin was finished by Conor and MJ and ended up becoming the interim champ and fighting for the belt, same with Tony, Justin, RDA, Stipe etc.

If this kid has what it takes to be a champ then this is gonna be a learning lesson for him.

Edmen didn't look right to me straight out of the gate. He's supposed to be a master technician right? Wtf was with him randomly winging sloppy hooks all over the place that anyone could see coming from a mile away?

Basically the first crack of adversity and he was instantly looking for a way out. He's got that Kevin Lee heart, he won't ever be a champ.

Shahbazyan definitely looked nervous or something right out of the gate but props to Brunson - no excuses he whooped Shabazzs ass badly

Back