Damn son, hand me my crow and let's figure this out

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by The Legendary Scarface, Aug 1, 2020 at 8:30 PM.

  1. The Legendary Scarface الله‎ بسم

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2019
    Messages:
    4,201
    Likes Received:
    1,202
    Not only did I predict Edmen to win, but thought he was gonna decapitate Brunson.

    I thought Brunson was gonna rush forward like he always does, get caught and thats it.

    3 things I'm shocked by:
    1- Edmen's striking looked horrible. I guess him being another Edmund fighter shouldn't surprise me but striking looked solid prior to tonight. Now, his hands looked labored, sloppy, no jab, unbalanced footwork , etc .

    2- Brunson was actually calm and calculated, at least by his standards. He didn't just rush in carelessly, but took his time more and found openings for that good ol' wraslin'. Hats off to him.

    3- Can we chalk this loss up to Shahbazyan gassing? Did he just punch himself out early on? His TDD looked sus af.

    Welp, anotha one. Hype train derailed.

    This is why I don't gamble lol
     
    Arlo and hedidhisownstunts like this.
  2. Dreyga2000 Always Rooting for the Black Guy

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2019
    Messages:
    2,159
    Likes Received:
    1,298
    We got overly impressed by some 1st round finishes. Same thing that happened with Johnny Walker.
     
    dmwalking, Dmurr90, MGS and 10 others like this.
  3. genecop Gold Belt

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2007
    Messages:
    15,747
    Likes Received:
    2,830
    Props for showing up and owning your truth..;)
     
  4. Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008
    Messages:
    88,948
    Likes Received:
    4,915
    Location:
    Constellation Funk.
    Edmen is young as hell. Maybe this will be the best thing for him. Brunson is far from a bum and he's fighting more patiently and smarter than ever.

    You could say that maybe Edmen will eventually need to leave his current camp. He might not which could stunt his growth. He's far from done and he's a solid fighter and a great prospect. People lose all the time in MMA. Suredawg treats losses horribly.
     
    SKYNET, Mahkor, Wise1 and 4 others like this.
  5. SCTwins Red Belt

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2011
    Messages:
    9,348
    Likes Received:
    299
    I'm not sure if it was completely his cardio, or he just froze in the moment. Brunson ate his best shots for breakfast and kept pressuring him. Shit is demoralizing and he probably got overwhelmed and just cracked. He didn't look overly tired or anything. I don't count the third round cause he got his fucking bell rung at the end of the 2nd and I think he might have been out momentarily. He didn't look OK after that

    If it was only his cardio, that's pretty embarrassing for a guy who was being propped as a contender. A round and a half aint gonna cut it at that level.
     
    kibz and undisputedgoat like this.
  6. undisputedgoat Green Belt

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2019
    Messages:
    1,081
    Likes Received:
    359
    He needs that HEART imo
     
  7. gevoudane ʇlǝq ʞɔɐlq

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2007
    Messages:
    12,463
    Likes Received:
    407
    Location:
    Eugene, Oregon
    I still do not see why Derek was such an underdog, I picked him once I saw the odds. Last time I bet against Derek he beat my Lyoto. Never saw that one coming.
     
    ayewheresthecannoli likes this.
  8. Paladin Red Belt

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2015
    Messages:
    7,745
    Likes Received:
    154
    Vet went to his bag of tricks. 17 ufc fights coming in meant he had a leg up in the strategy department
     
    VAfan likes this.
  9. TITS Silver Belt Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2013
    Messages:
    13,325
    Likes Received:
    1,097
    Location:
    Condom Depot
    That doctor did a terrible job. Herb too. 3rd round should've never happened.
     
  10. Mammothman Silver Belt

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2015
    Messages:
    13,500
    Likes Received:
    1,047
    Location:
    Panama, Panama City
    Here it is, pretty cold like you always like it ;)

    [​IMG]
     
  11. StrangerToGod Brown Belt

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2013
    Messages:
    3,757
    Likes Received:
    827
    Dude NEEDS to get a different camp immediately to save his career
     
  12. xP Silver Belt

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2010
    Messages:
    11,261
    Likes Received:
    662
    I thought it looked good? looked as sharp as usual early, he just got tired and beat up. Brunson is just better than most of the guys he's been hitting.

    Brunson has been fighting a lot smarter in his last couple fights. You should have seen that coming. Though I do understand a worry that a step up in competition might bring the old habit out, but honestly this wasn't even a tougher fight than Ian Heinisch.

    I think we can chalk it up to him not having strong cardio and late fight experience. I thought he lost the Stewart fight and he got owned in a similar way late in that fight. He's got some bad habits on his back and in the clinch, tends to just hang out in spots.
     
  13. Hespectfully Black Belt Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2014
    Messages:
    6,904
    Likes Received:
    575
    Coach Edmond looked bloated and hung over in the prefight videos. Maybe this kid should change camps?
     
  14. TITS Silver Belt Platinum Member

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2013
    Messages:
    13,325
    Likes Received:
    1,097
    Location:
    Condom Depot
    He actually did exactly that a few times.
     
  15. TheHolyWarAngel Green Belt

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2016
    Messages:
    1,298
    Likes Received:
    521
    Location:
    Trillville
    Would you like barbecue, ranch or feces sauce for your crow sir ?
     
  16. HatKick Green Belt

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2020
    Messages:
    1,022
    Likes Received:
    766
    Location:
    Copenhagen
    Just another KO artist who couldn't handle the 2nd round. Happens all the time. Plus Brunson is pretty damn good
     
  17. Portland8242 Brown Belt

    Joined:
    May 13, 2018
    Messages:
    4,561
    Likes Received:
    1,232
    Edmen didn't look right to me straight out of the gate. He's supposed to be a master technician right? Wtf was with him randomly winging sloppy hooks all over the place that anyone could see coming from a mile away?

    Basically the first crack of adversity and he was instantly looking for a way out. He's got that Kevin Lee heart, he won't ever be a champ.
     
  18. Arkham's Notorious Geyser Getting KO'ed with the BOIIIIS

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2017
    Messages:
    5,062
    Likes Received:
    573
    Location:
    New York
    We? Speak for yourself haha, some people don't learn from their mistakes is what it seems.
     
  19. undisputedgoat Green Belt

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2019
    Messages:
    1,081
    Likes Received:
    359
    Kevin Lee head kicked Gillespie to the moon,

    proceed to be guillotine'd by Oliveira lol
     
  20. SCTwins Red Belt

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2011
    Messages:
    9,348
    Likes Received:
    299
    Happened twice tonight. Saenz got sent out for the 3rd after offering zero offense for 10 minutes and getting the ever-loving shit kicked out of him the entire fight. He was literally wobbly getting off the fucking stool.

    I think more corners need to be held accountable for sending guys out like that. You have to be more cognizant than the fighters are. They aren't supposed to just be cheerleaders. If a guy has a 2% chance of landing a miracle haymaker vs a 98% chance of getting severe brain damage, you'd think the choice would be more obvious.
     
    undisputedgoat likes this.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.