Dammit

Ahh yes, the same gun shop warriors that are decorated lawyers and scholars and know the ins and outs of the legal system as well as the back of their hand. It's always interesting listening to those conversations just to see how crazy they can get. They're just mentally masturbating an idea they want to happen, but never will.

Never say never

You're right, but it should come down some in the future. At least for the next couple months people will be buying guns, ammo, and accessories at outlandish prices. I've been effectively priced out of the market by the latest scare so any price decrease would be welcomed. I sure would like to know where people get their disposal money to buy $50 pmags and $2k ARs.

Hopefully. I've also wondered about people dropping cash on ARs at the drop of a hat. To me, that is a purchase I'd have to like save up a little for and prepare. I couldn't just run out and get one. I'm wondering how many people are getting loans and similar to be buying all these guns.

I also wonder about some of it. I can understand people buying ARs and mags because of talk of AWB and round limits on mags. I don't understand why it's hard to get 9mm rounds. There is no way in hell that round is in danger. If anything gun control advocates are telling us those are what we need rather than "assault rifles." I'm guessing people just hear "gun control" and start going crazy. Idk, though. The dudes at the stores are telling me rounds have been hard to keep on the shelves even before this. Started after the election.

Tons of idiots bought tons of stuff and no EO. The sad thing is a LOT of these people just bought the stuff to re sell. Already today I'm seeing prices drastically deflate on AR mags and the likes. Buy what you want or need and leave it at that. There's no point in the ridiculous ammo/magazine/gun hoarding that's been going on for the sake of profit (end rant).

What really gets me is that most of the people proposing new legislation seem to have very little knowledge of or first hand experience with firearms. There can't be an honest, productive discussion on firearms if there are fundamental misunderstandings of what they are and how they're used.
These decisions shouldn't be made in the immediate aftermath of a national tragedy because the discussion will inevitably be clouded by reactionary emotionalism.
Let's all take a deep breath, slow things down, and take a look at the underlying issues. Legislation is easy, addressing the real reasons behind gun violence is hard.

well said

Ahh yes, the same gun shop warriors that are decorated lawyers and scholars and know the ins and outs of the legal system as well as the back of their hand. It's always interesting listening to those conversations just to see how crazy they can get. They're just mentally masturbating an idea they want to happen, but never will.

You're right, but it should come down some in the future. At least for the next couple months people will be buying guns, ammo, and accessories at outlandish prices. I've been effectively priced out of the market by the latest scare so any price decrease would be welcomed. I sure would like to know where people get their disposal money to buy $50 pmags and $2k ARs.

Actually a couple state reps and senators were the ones talking about the impeachment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back