• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

daken7's Easy On The Caffeine Bub Pub

MilkManUK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Welcome to the Pub, Bub!

Welcome O' Brother of the Iron.

Put away your cares, Bub
Wash the rust and blood stained chalk from your hands,
Order up a pint, Bub

Time stands still here, Bub.
b2b90a2a40271f436f4c8bf819a6f930.jpg

%24_35.JPG

This thread smells like a horse's ass.

I like it.

I don't see:

The Swolediers Triumphant 2013 Bench and Curl Competition Epic Victory Tribute Pub

son_i_am_disappoint_father_rage_comic_meme_postcard-p239628269372293565baanr_400.jpg

Is this the bub pub brah?

Missed another press pb damn damn damn I'm stuck on 65

At least I got it above my head unlike last time... Progress? Lol

This Strongman Fitness thing looks interesting. Something worth trying if I'd get the right equipment. The name doesn't sell though, maybe "Little Big Man Competition"? Now that's a cool name!

Also I bought a guitar. My very first!

Last edited:
What kid of guitar KidA? Do you already know how to play or are you just learning? I'm not a great guitarist but I like to play, unfortunately I don't play very often anymore.

Speaing of guitars. I had a John Mayer song in my had this morning. Its called wild Fire or something. The only reason I like it is because I think of it as an homage to Jerry Garcia.

What kid of guitar KidA? Do you already know how to play or are you just learning? I'm not a great guitarist but I like to play, unfortunately I don't play very often anymore.

Tenson Classis 4/4, acuistic. Well I've never learned to play properly. In high school I would go to music class and learn to play from online tabs. Nothing serious just some songs I was listening at the time. I learned to play the Harry Potter theme, Top Gun theme, Intro to Crazy Train etc. so pretty small bits. Just thought that I have now some free time from Bjj why not make some use of it?

Though for some reason my friends who where "real" guitarists didn't like learning from online tabs which I found weird.

Also boom:
[YT]RxZ2-q1c5UI[/YT]

I've been playing guitar close to 14 years and still can't read music, have tried to learn but to no avail. Can work stuff out by ear at times though.

I've never learned how to read sheet music for guitar. I think people's aversion to tabs is simply a purist snob thing. They're easy to understand so what's the big deal?

I wish I had taken guitar lessons in my teens. I have lots of bad habits because my Dad taught me the basics and then I learned by following tabs and playing along to CDs. If I had spent even a quarter of the time I spent playing along to CDs on basic drills I'd be a much better guitar player.

Now I play maybe once a month. The callouses on my fingers aren't what they used to be so I can only last for about 20-30 minutes. In my teens I'd play for hours sometimes.

I did royal conservatory for piano and did quite well as a kid. Only learned to play guitar at 23-24. My roomy left his guitar behind one summer. Out of boredom I learned on the interwebz.

Plus all my buddies were music students, so I ws a little tired of sitting out when they jammed.

30 mins or so is about my usual practice time lately, unless i come up with something then i'll carry on playing. Also depends on what guitar i feel like playing on/what type of music i want to play.

I play acoustic and electric. Though I spend most of my time on my acoustic these days.

I can't read music, and play mostly just chords with a little bit of other stuff I've learned. I can play some blues and a little bit of finger style.

Never been one to play lead. Always rhythm. When we jammed, typically I came up with a funky riff of somesort, and my buddies would play off of that. It was fun.

Back