Daily Bench Cycle to reach 3X Bodyweight

brucelim

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Trying to Bench Press 300 days in 2018, trying for 6 pressing days in 7 days (6 days in a week, consisting of 5 bench days and 1 incline/OHP day).

Day 124
345.5 X 1 at 125.4

However, today's PR was done with the bar about 1-2 inches from touching my chest, and glutes were off.

While it's an impressive ''lift'' for your weight, I never got the whole ''extreme wide grip powerlifting bench thing''. The ROM is basically reduced down to 8 inches and you'll literally never use that movement in any sport or athletic endevor. A 1x BW strict OHP or 2xBW paused bench with a normal/close grip is much more impressive imo.

While it's an impressive ''lift'' for your weight, I never got the whole ''extreme wide grip powerlifting bench thing''. The ROM is basically reduced down to 8 inches and you'll literally never use that movement in any sport or athletic endevor. A 1x BW strict OHP or 2xBW paused bench with a normal/close grip is much more impressive imo.

Hi Bodil, thanks for your opinion. Yes I understand where you are coming from. As I am going to gun for the world record in 2019, I need to play by the game and try to maximize my grip. However, I just recently changed to max grip which is index finger on the rings. For around 12 years, I have mainly used little finger on the rings. But, I realized that, to be the very best, I truly need to maximize my grip, therefore I recently changed things up. However I can assure you for the past 12+ years, I mainly used little finger on ring grip.

This is me doing seated overhead press, (from a dead start, thus making it much harder), at 193.4 pounds at 128.7 pounds which is roughly 1.5 times my bodyweight. I also incline press 220 pounds at roughly 125.4 pounds with a normal grip. I do not know how to embed the link.

I hope these seated OHP and Incline statistics helps to gain some perceived value from you, with regards to my lifting. Yeah I am someone who looks for recognition from others lol, as do most of us. But just trying to hopefully get your concurrence that I'm not one of those lifters out there who simply contort their bodies for one lift; I do train bodybuilding full range-of-motion style for inclines and OHP too.

I can try to perform 2X bodyweight close grip bench for close to 10 reps for you on video too? (again I am not saying all these in a bad tone; but rather, said in a sincere tone. I am really just someone who wish to gain recognition from others for my lifting. I do not wish to be seen as just a 5 inch ROM guy).

Hi Bodil, thanks for your opinion. Yes I understand where you are coming from. As I am going to gun for the world record in 2019, I need to play by the game and try to maximize my grip. However, I just recently changed to max grip which is index finger on the rings. For around 12 years, I have mainly used little finger on the rings. But, I realized that, to be the very best, I truly need to maximize my grip, therefore I recently changed things up. However I can assure you for the past 12+ years, I mainly used little finger on ring grip.

This is me doing seated overhead press, (from a dead start, thus making it much harder), at 193.4 pounds at 128.7 pounds which is roughly 1.5 times my bodyweight. I also incline press 220 pounds at roughly 125.4 pounds with a normal grip. I do not know how to embed the link.

I hope these seated OHP and Incline statistics helps to gain some perceived value from you, with regards to my lifting. Yeah I am someone who looks for recognition from others lol, as do most of us. But just trying to hopefully get your concurrence that I'm not one of those lifters out there who simply contort their bodies for one lift; I do train bodybuilding full range-of-motion style for inclines and OHP too.

I can try to perform 2X bodyweight close grip bench for close to 10 reps for you on video too? (again I am not saying all these in a bad tone; but rather, said in a sincere tone. I am really just someone who wish to gain recognition from others for my lifting. I do not wish to be seen as just a 5 inch ROM guy).

You obviously don't need my approval man lol everyone does his thing and I respect that. The comment wasn't pointed at you as a person/athlete, but more at how ridiculous the sport of powerlifting is, making athletes perform 8 inch bench to hit a world record. Impressive OHP btw.

You obviously don't need my approval man lol everyone does his thing and I respect that. The comment wasn't pointed at you as a person/athlete, but more at how ridiculous the sport of powerlifting is, making athletes perform 8 inch bench to hit a world record. Impressive OHP btw.

Thanks Bodil. In hindsight, I think it was a bit weird of me to post a very lengthy reply to your casual short remark, and try to go to great lengths to prove I'm not the typical "5 inch squatter/bencher/deadlifter" and that I indeed go for full range of motion on many other bodybuilding exercises. I think as Asians, we always had the habit of wanting to make ourselves be seen/heard clearly. hahah.

Ok noted bro, thanks for dropping by this log.

Day 136

Weighed 123.86 and benched 348, 2.8 times bodyweight.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Lol why start logging this epic bench journey in sherdog all off a sudden?

Lol why start logging this epic bench journey in sherdog all off a sudden?

Hi there Lat, there's dwindling amounts of online strength training forums nowadays. Thanks for dropping by Lat.

Day 142
350 X 1 done at bodyweight of 125.4

Day 148 (160kg done at 57kg bodyweight. 352 pounds at 125.4)

354 bench at 124.96 bodyweight. Glutes off but it's fine for now; off season. 2.83 times my own bodyweight.

Back