Cyclists

This vid has to be made in Russia. They are unquestionably the worst drivers on earth. The Chinese don't even come close.

I been cycling for years and Im cooler than any punk on here who doesnt like them so stick that up your bitchy moaning asses. I stay out of cars way because they are bigger than me and even if I did have the right of way getting slammed into by a buick driven by a blue haired granny isnt fun. I learned to ride bicycles well from riding motorcycles for years. Cycling is a great way to get out and see things and get in shape just stay out of cars way.

Sketchy road to cycle on, but that truck is probably more at fault for driving in the oncoming lane.

the truck driver was at fault.

the onus is on the licenced commercial driver, as any professional driver can tell you. it is his job to assess road and traffic conditions, and oncomming/approaching hazards.

i only saw the clip twice, but it looked like the driver involved in the collision was driving without assured clear distance in front of his vehicle. in truth, he was much too close had he been driving an automobile; much less a truck which require exponentially more stopping distance - especially if under a load.

in addition, trucks do not respond well to strong sudden steering input. had he not collided with the oncoming traffic, he likely would have experienced a "rollover".

Cyclists wear silly looking outfits often which results in me having little sympathy for their cause.

Those silly, form-hugging outfits

Screen-shot-2012-06-26-at-11_43_35.png

Our opinions are irrelevant; in the US, the cyclists had the legal right to the entire lane, assuming bikes are allowed on that road.

It looks like that isn't the US though, so just insert whatever laws apply and voila, issued solved.

Our opinions are irrelevant; in the US, the cyclists had the legal right to the entire lane, assuming bikes are allowed on that road.

It looks like that isn't the US though, so just insert whatever laws apply and voila, issued solved.

Shouldn't they also be legally obligated to follow traffic laws then?

Shouldn't they also be legally obligated to follow traffic laws then?

Yes, but it doesn't change anything. That truck driver was a complete lunatic. What he should have done was given the bike the entire lane even though the bike was on the painted line. Hit the brakes and treat the bike as a car rather than swerving into the other lane.

Yes, but it doesn't change anything. That truck driver was a complete lunatic. What he should have done was given the bike the entire lane even though the bike was on the painted line. Hit the brakes and treat the bike as a car rather than swerving into the other lane.

I didn't even watch the video. I just cant stand cyclists that screw up the roads for everyone else.

I didn't even watch the video. I just cant stand cyclists that screw up the roads for everyone else.

Well there's your problem. It was the truck driver that pretty clearly caused the accident, bike was fine (well not fine, he was half-assing his lane rights. He should have been in the middle of the lane rather than on the line, but the truck still fucked up.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back