Cyclists

ttacker

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I came across this gif that i felt clearly portrayed the dilemma when arguing the cyclists and their right to the road.

http://i.imgur.com/TXXTv3I.gifv

Who is at fault?

I personally feel the cyclist is at fault and its ridiculous that they are allowed to be in the same lane as vehicles that can crush them with the slightest nudge. But clearly others feel strongly the other way.

Discuss.

And if this was already discussed, please point me to the thread.

Because the truck had to drive into oncoming traffic.

TS is a genius.

lol, that crash wasn't the cyclists fault. Have your vision checked lately TS?

However, I will say that I don't cycle in zones that have high speed traffic and I would have stayed in the shoulder or would have gone single file instead of 2 abreast.

why didn't the truck just brake and slow down.

Cyclists wear silly looking outfits often which results in me having little sympathy for their cause.

Truck driver was trying to pass when he couldn't see oncoming traffic due to the other truck in front of him.

lol, that crash wasn't the cyclists fault. Have your vision checked lately TS?

However, I will say that I don't cycle in zones that have high speed traffic and I would have stayed in the shoulder or would have gone single file instead of 2 abreast.

Exactly this.

Cyclists are right up there with bad tippers and guys who have ponytails

Cyclists can be arseholes but you chose the absolute worst gif to show TS. That's obviously the driver's fault.

I can agree though, that cyclists in NYC are just awful. It seems as though the majority don't care about traffic lights, right of way, or even cycling in the correct side of the street. But pedestrians also give no fucks about traffic rules in NYC. Sometimes I just want to play real-life GTA in the streets of New York.

Yea another cyclists thread. These are always a blast to read. Nothing makes me rage harder on the back country roads like a group of those fuckers who are going 20+ under the speed limit yet wont just get off the bikes or pull aside and let the line of cars pass.

Yea another cyclists thread. These are always a blast to read. Nothing makes me rage harder on the back country roads like a group of those fuckers who are going 20+ under the speed limit yet wont just get off the bikes or pull aside and let the line of cars pass.

And then you pass and the chick in the bunch flips you off.

Bicycles should not be allowed on roads with speed limits above 35 mph. There's a road near me with a 50mph speed limit that the idiot cyclists will ride on when there's a bike trail that runs parallel to it 30 feet over.

Cyclists need to stick to the fucking sidewalk when there's clearly no bike lanes

Van was driving way too fast, and way too close to the van in front.
Didnt have proper sight of the road, hence caught out by both cyclist and then oncoming lorry.

Cyclist riding abreast was ok, but some hi-vis would have been nice.

Back