Cyborg's Boyfriend Trainer Manager Ray Elbe (TUF 9) Blamed for Her UFC Problems

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“I haven’t worked with Cris Cyborg since before the Amanda fight,” Tito Ortiz said. “Her boyfriend, I guess you can say 'manager,' also, made some bad decisions for her and I kind of had to step away.

Screenshot_2019_07_31__315__Cris_Cyborg_confronts_Dana_White_backstage_after_UFC_240_WIN_about_lies_around_Amanda_Nunes_rem_..._.0.png

“I made a lot of mistakes with the UFC, and I tried to keep her from doing (sic) the same mistakes. She’s a big girl, and she can make her decisions, but she was making the wrong decisions. Or I could say her boyfriend was making the wrong decisions for her. But that was just my opinion and I wish all the luck to her.

16679_ex.png

Ray Elbe (right) on TUF 9 (Courtesy SpikeTV)

20090309050120_us_tuf.jpg

Ray Elbe (back, far right) on TUF 9 (Courtesy SpikeTV)

“I tried to give as much as I possibly could to her, but she just was willing to listen to someone else who hasn’t been in the same shoes that I have been in. I guess everyone learns from mistakes, and hopefully, she’ll learn from the mistakes that she’s made and make a positive reinforcement for the future.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/12...y-from-managing-cris-cyborg-bellator-ufc-news

Last edited:
Meh I'm glad she's gone. And after a career spent trying to bully smaller fighters, she even got ktfo by one on her way out the door.

Sometimes things work out

<DirkMavs>

I'd take anything this big headed goon says with a grain of salt. Fucking moron doing that grave digger shit after knocking out a geriatric CTE'd chuck will forever rub me the wrong way.

I'd take anything this big headed goon says with a grain of salt. Fucking moron doing that grave digger shit after knocking out a geriatric CTE'd chuck will forever rub me the wrong way.
Remember tito was a tuneup fight for the arrogant chuck who still could beat jones after said tuneup... you reap what you sow and chuck got what he had coming.

Boyfriend?

giphy.gif

Meh I'm glad she's gone. And after a career spent trying to bully smaller fighters, she even got ktfo by one on her way out the door.

<DirkMavs>

she was actually ko'd by one of those smaller fighters...

plus he's really, really, really stupid.

<DirkMavs>
I bet you're one of the ones that said she was ducking 135lbs lol.

Tito unable to hide his jealousy towards this "Elbe" who sounds like some fictional character from Lord of the rings. Is Tito single since he isnl trying his luck with the cyborg.

Cyborg and the ufc just didn't mix well, bullying your fighter and making tasteless jokes about them isn't the professional way to run a sport. Cyborg may not be innocent in all this, but she deserved better treatment .

Regarding Tito, well cyborg was undefeated while with Tito so there's that. Sometimes fighters just get greedy/cheap and want to save money from paying for a manager. Ufc loves to separate fighters from their managers so I guess they are happy with how things happened. While cyborgs boyfriend might genuinely have her best interests in mind, Tito mightve provided some better insight on what fights to select (I. E advised her to duck Amanda for the time being) and perhaps would've spoken up about the apparent speed difference between her and Amanda.

At the very least he could've taught her lethal head butts

Lol at Tito pointing somebody for making the wrong decisions

I bet you're one of the ones that said she was ducking 135lbs lol.
Well, she signed an agreement with the UFC and they would help her reduce her weight in order to get down to 135 safely. Instead she does the opposite and proceeds to bulk up even more, to the point of making 135 impossible. Maybe she didn’t “duck” 135 per se, but she did choose to do the opposite of what was necessary, then proceed to complain that the UFC wasn’t accommodating her. All while they were paying her $90k/fight in Invicta.
She is married with Evangelista Cyborg
They divorced years ago.

Back