• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cyborg Taunting Rousey on Instagram

Ronda's issues with Holm stem from a lack of mastery of the very basics of striking. That is the fault of both her coach, for being a piece of shit, and her for clinging to said turd.

And the thing is, Rousey is so bad that Cyborg does not need technique to beat her, or at least not exceptional technique. Her striking combined with her power and reasonable enough speed mean that Rousey is going to get hit, a lot. And while she has a decent chin, she is giving up way too much fighting Cyborg, who would still out-weigh her by a significant amount on fight night, assuming she still made the cut to 135.

Rousey is no threat to Cyborg or anyone with mediocre stand up skills on the feet, and Cyborg could just keep tagging Rousey as she tries to clinch. It is what I would do in that situation, and Cyborg has far more experience in later rounds than Rousey, who has only been out of the 1st twice. (she had no cardio issues in her fight with Baars, which went to decision).

If Rousey had decent footwork, it might be different, but she is still stupidly training with the same moron who does not have the balls to actually coach her, even if he knows what he is doing. She has the necessary phyiscal attributes, but until she has decent coaching, I would never favor her in a fight with Cyborg, even at 135. I would favor Holm only, not even Shevchenko, who is just too small even though she has better control of distance. No one else at 135 has shit for footwork.

Ronda's issues with Holm stem from a lack of mastery of the very basics of striking. That is the fault of both her coach, for being a piece of shit, and her for clinging to said turd.

And the thing is, Rousey is so bad that Cyborg does not need technique to beat her, or at least not exceptional technique. Her striking combined with her power and reasonable enough speed mean that Rousey is going to get hit, a lot. And while she has a decent chin, she is giving up way too much fighting Cyborg, who would still out-weigh her by a significant amount on fight night, assuming she still made the cut to 135.

Rousey is no threat to Cyborg or anyone with mediocre stand up skills on the feet, and Cyborg could just keep tagging Rousey as she tries to clinch. It is what I would do in that situation, and Cyborg has far more experience in later rounds than Rousey, who has only been out of the 1st twice. (she had no cardio issues in her fight with Baars, which went to decision).

If Rousey had decent footwork, it might be different, but she is still stupidly training with the same moron who does not have the balls to actually coach her, even if he knows what he is doing. She has the necessary phyiscal attributes, but until she has decent coaching, I would never favor her in a fight with Cyborg, even at 135. I would favor Holm only, not even Shevchenko, who is just too small even though she has better control of distance. No one else at 135 has shit for footwork.

I'm not so sure Cyborg knows how to keep distance. She never fought moving backwards or in counter to Baars, Colomb, or Edna Gloria in her kickboxing / muay thai. She didn't show any ability to really keep distance/out of the clinch with Carano, Coenen, Lansberg... Like Ronda, it seems to fly in the face of her training/base. She makes space by shoving out of the clinch and firing hooks - Her jab is near non existant... She's flat footed, and she just paws. I give Ronda a better chance at beating Cyborg currently, than I do Holm. Valentina needs a 125lb division.

I'm not so sure Cyborg knows how to keep distance. She never fought moving backwards or in counter to Baars, Colomb, or Edna Gloria in her kickboxing / muay thai. She didn't show any ability to really keep distance/out of the clinch with Carano, Coenen, Lansberg... Like Ronda, it seems to fly in the face of her training/base. She makes space by shoving out of the clinch and firing hooks - Her jab is near non existant... She's flat footed, and she just paws. I give Ronda a better chance at beating Cyborg currently, than I do Holm. Valentina needs a 125lb division.

She does not need much because Ronda is so very bad, that is the point. She has one technique, the bum-rush. Cyborg does not even have to back up well, just needs to stand there and Rousey will come to her. Baars, for example, was skilled on the feet, and if Cris let her control distance - and she likes to strike at range - she would have taken an even bigger beating.

Point being it takes very little skill to beat Rousey on the feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back