CYBORG: People don't respect me like a World Champion

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...g-featherweight-title-weight-cutting-mma-news

usa_today_9563699.0.jpeg

The UFC had recently announced the first ever women’s featherweight title fight for 2017. And much to the disappointment of many, it will not involve Cris Cyborg.

The inaugural women’s 145-pound title fight will be between former bantamweight champion Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie at UFC 208 on February 11th in Brooklyn. For Cyborg, who is the current Invicta FC featherweight champion, it is a slap in the face, as she feels the UFC set up the fight “just to disrespect her.”

/

During her recent appearance on ESPN’s Outside the Lines, Cyborg explained the gruelling weight cut she had to endure to make the 140-pound limit for her most recent fight against Lisa Lansberg in September.

“I cannot do this to my body all the time,” Cyborg said. “I don’t know, maybe something really bad is going to happen to me.”

Cyborg revealed that she was cutting 26 pounds within a three-day time frame, but also conceded to the fact that she had no other choice but to dehydrate herself to make the weight. At the end of it all, she merely wants to be recognised as a champion, as she believes she is not getting the respect that she deserves since she has not yet captured UFC gold.

“I would like people to respect me like a world champ. Because I am a world champ, but people I think, don’t know that I am.”

That's because you aren't. I mean, what the fuck does Invicta mean anyway?

Make weight and get the UFC belt, then you'll be respected as a world champion.

Last edited:
The belt isn't going anywhere. Get healthy, and when you're ready, beat up the girl that has your belt. If the UFC didn't want you to have the belt then they wouldn't of made the division to begin with. you are the obvious champion
The tear tour isn't going to help you.

damn cyborg is ugly as fuck, i'd rather have a nice clean weiner in my mouth and im not even gay

Maybe if she defended her fucking WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BELT instead of fighting 125'ers people would

Cyborg had the chance, but turned it down.
Also this:
Maybe if she defended her fucking WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BELT instead of fighting 125'ers people would
Should defended the belt against Megan instead of fighting Lina.

Hard to respect someone who says they can't make weight in 8 weeks for the division they are a champion in and regularly fight in. 26 pounds in 3 days? Who the heck had her having that much weight 3 days out in the first place? She has no one to blame but herself for any "lack of respect."

Cyborg revealed that she was cutting 26 pounds within a three-day time frame, but also conceded to the fact that she had no other choice but to dehydrate herself to make the weight. At the end of it all, she merely wants to be recognised as a champion, as she believes she is not getting the respect that she deserves since she has not yet captured UFC gold.
Sure she did. Like, you know, not be so incredibly physically massive and therefore not needing to cut 26 pounds of weight in 3 days?

Fuck all the bullshit, smash a couple bitches, take that belt, and you'll get your dues.

may have something to do with the huge amount of peds she obviously took and her constant whining on social media

I am not taking her seriously anymore. Bitching, whining every day.

If your world championship resume didn't have mostly fighters with records like 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7 in the past 6 years on it you would be more respected.

All this anger building up inside of her...

I feel sorry for the girl she takes all this frustration out on...

cris-cyborg-chokes-out-reporter-o.gif

Back