Locked Cyberpunk 2077 **Delayed**(Release: December 10th, 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Sony gives them half a billion for it to be a six month exclusive release title for PS5?

The meltdowns would be glorious. Even if I'm going with the PC version myself lol.

Trailer was great and by far my most anticipated upcoming game.

Today a CDPR dev gave an interview with Gamespot and revealed that the game is entirely in First Person Perspective. The internet obviously went ballistic in a game where style is everything and you can't even see your own character. Whats worse is that before that revelation the dev talked about all the customisations there are for the character.

Please check out resetera/neogad and the official forums for the melt down.

I imagine most of the weapons will be guns so I don't see what the big deal is.

giphy (33).gif

I'd prefer being able to switch perspective depending on whether i'm exploring, driving, shooting or savagely pummelling but this hasn't put me off at all.

Give me Witcher combat with guns please! :p Game will probably be like the new Deus Ex games where you might be able to go 3rd person for certain actions.

Cyberpunk as a genre is a lot about style. Going back to things like Shadowrun where you could mod you character in like a million different ways, grafting all kinds of cyberware and bioware onto them to make them completely unique in terms of looks and abilities. People walking around wearing Neo jackets with high tech ninja swords and ponytails and shit. So in a cyberpunk game you'd kinda want a third person persective just so you can look at how badass your character is.

Although it'd take huge resources to offer the level of customization a lot of cyberpunk fans would want so I can understand them avoiding it completely

because a game all about style and customisation not being able to see your character kinda defeats its own purpose.

I'd like to see what CDPR does with an FPS RPG. As of now I've enjoyed a lot of them but never fallen in love with any of them. They've all come up short in one way or another, and now I get to play one by the guys who made two of my favorite RPGs ever in the The Witcher 2 and 3. If anything I'm a little more intrigued.

CDPR always had problems with camera angles and skipping all the animations must be a relief on their workload. its an easy way out going FPP. shame.

Cyberpunk as a genre is a lot about style. Going back to things like Shadowrun where you could mod you character in like a million different ways, grafting all kinds of cyberware and bioware onto them to make them completely unique in terms of looks and abilities.
Yeah, half of the character classes in Cyberpunk 2020 were pure style with minimal combat abilities. No room for rockerboys in an FPS. Sad!

So Deus Ex, but good?

tenor.gif

Lol thanks for the laugh.

I honestly don't care if it is in First Person. As long as the game is good. Third Person shooters are usually hax anyways. FPS is always more of a challenge.

tenor.gif

Lol thanks for the laugh.

I honestly don't care if it is in First Person. As long as the game is good. Third Person shooters are usually hax anyways. FPS is always more of a challenge.

I was talking about the reboots. Relax.

Because of this, FPP game play with switch to third person for cutscenes & driving (optional) was what I was expecting from the start.

I guess I'm one of the only persons who is giddy to hear this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back