Locked Cyberpunk 2077 **Delayed**(Release: December 10th, 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have pre-ordered 2 games in my life. One was The Witcher 3, and another was Andromeda. Well, I guess it evens out somehow...
That's funny. That last game I preordered fully was the Witcher 2. I Loved the first game, except the combat. The combat should have been better in 2 for me, but it really turned me off, just felt janky/clunky. I didn't care for the rest of the game that much either, or I just couldn't get into it.

It took me a while to get into it, but I absolutely loved 3, even the combat. Everyone dogs on it, but it felt fluent and fun to me. I think the sidestep is what made me love it, felt like a dance. I liked facing off against other swordsmen, I'd square them right up and dance lol. It kind of reminded me of Soul Calibur.

Not to derail Cyberpunk, there's some pretty awesome artwork out there. Can't wait to see some night gameplay, and perhaps a Ciri easter egg.
y1llV3B.jpg

cyberpunk-2077-location1.jpg

Last edited:
you guys were talking about preordering a game based on a trailer and because its CD Project that is developing it

yes Witcher 3 was good but im not going to put blind faith on CD Project

call me crazy but TRUSTING a company to make a good product sounds dumb and its probably what caused this preorder mess in the first place

This is an statement based on complete ignorance of the subject.

Do you know exactly why CDProjectRed developed such a loyal fanbase?

Hint : Its not because they developed one great game.

let him be brother, He has a point. my boy @Damage is hard to please.

let him be brother, He has a point. my boy @Damage is hard to please.

No, he doesn't have a point.

There's a reason why CDproject has a loyal fanbase, in this era of videogames in which developers and publishers are trying to squeeze every fucking nickel out of consumers.

Those who are saying they want to preorder this game, isn't just the type of consumers that preorder everything just because they saw a flashy trailer or demo.

you want CDPR to keep making good games? DONT assume everything they make will be great

but being naive fanboys will set you up for getting fucked at some point

you want CDPR to keep making good games? DONT assume everything they make will be great

but being naive fanboys will set you up for getting fucked at some point

Translation - 'No, I have no idea what CDPR has done to develop such a loyal fanbase.'

Thank you.

No, he doesn't have a point.

There's a reason why CDproject has a loyal fanbase, in this era of videogames in which developers and publishers are trying to squeeze every fucking nickel out of consumers.

Those who are saying they want to preorder this game, isn't just the type of consumers that preorder everything just because they saw a flashy trailer or demo.

and often companies will cash in on their rep for a massive money grab. ie: diablo 3.

and often companies will cash in on their rep for a massive money grab. ie: diablo 3.

In every noteable case like this has happened in the last 15 years - Bungie, Blizzard, Rare, Bioware - all of them had an obvious drop in quality with their flagship franchises after a merge or buyout.

With Bethesda, its because they've become too big and just focused on appealing to casual gamers.

Meanwhile, CDPR is their own publisher, hasn't shown any tendency of watering down their product to appeal to casuals, and there's been no talks of a merge or buy-out.

I'm so sick of these AAA games taking a decade to make.

lol @ anyone seriously thinking Cyberpunk was gonna release this year

I have pre-ordered 2 games in my life. One was The Witcher 3, and another was Andromeda. Well, I guess it evens out somehow...

I’ve only ever preordered two games in my life too: Quake 3 and Diablo 2. After 20 years I can’t really recall why those are the only games to earn that distinction.

Yea, it's easy to be cynical about it now. But it use to be that the earlier in development cycle, the game looks rougher. So whatever pre-launch build we see, it was safe to assume it's either going to look like that or better. But in the last couple of years, that is no longer the case.
This practice of developing better looking builds exclusively for promo material is the most shady thing in this industry. People complain about DLC, microtransactions and whatnot, but stuff like what they did with Anthem is downright criminal.

Unfortunately the financial commitment (60-80 bucks) is too small for people to actually do something about it, but I kinda wish someone decided to take a developer to court, if only for bad publicity.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019...ase_date_rumours_for_2019_seemingly_shot_down

What the fuck.

Is this game EVER going to see the light of day?

Why won't they just make a new godamn Shadowrun game. Give me what I want!!!

Not surprising.

Don't treat this like a book that's already been written and its merely been delayed to be released for marketing purposes. The game's still being worked on, as long as they're still polishing it, and hopefully not running their development team into the ground, I'm happy to wait.

Guys, get rid of the 'I WANT TO PLAY IT NOW' mentality.

I’m not in a hurry to play this. When it’s done it’s done.

Translation - 'No, I have no idea what CDPR has done to develop such a loyal fanbase.'

Thank you.

He has a really good point though! Look at Bethesda they have steadily been going down the drain since fallout 4 quality wise.

The bigger they got and the more recognition they got for making good games, the worse there games have gotten over the years.

I do have faith in CDPR though they seem to value the integrity and quality of their games just as much as making money.. so far at least.

I'm betting on Spring 2020.

Just want to say, I called it on Sep 1st 2018.

Unless CDPR plans to release it in the Summer, which I doubt. Witcher 3 sold very well for being a spring release, so its not suprising they'd release their next game in that window.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back