Crime Cyber attack forces major US fuel pipeline to shutdown

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersec...s-slashed-budget-for-key-federal-cyber-agency

imrs.php

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...bersecurity-fbi-russian-hackers-b1776007.html

I guess this is the price we pay for the "wall" <Dany07>...Thanks Trump and his voters.
Cyber security and border security can be 2 separate issues

Holy shit it was something as simple as a ransomeware lockout

"This underscores the threat that ransomware poses to organizations regardless of size or sector," he said. "We encourage every organization to take action to strengthen their cybersecurity posture to reduce their exposure to these types of threats."

I absolutely guarantee it was a result of having internet access to a computer connected a PLC who’s purpose was flow control to different divergent pipes. Man, I get it, when there’s the regular issues you love to have remote access to that PLC to fix it. But it’s a security concern for sure.

I am not at all unaware that if I fuck up, or if some hacker takes control of, my work laptop I could shutdown power to 4 hospitals and for a time a nuclear plant. Remote access is absolutely convinience above security.

It was only a matter of time before someone hacked the mainframe.

holy fuck.

is this really where we are at on this site?

Watch the gas prices go up another permanent $0.75 after this is all over, then come back and admit you're a dope.

Government is either going to have to make a contract with Crowdstrike or Blackberry to deal with these situations in the future.

Holy shit it was something as simple as a ransomeware lockout

"This underscores the threat that ransomware poses to organizations regardless of size or sector," he said. "We encourage every organization to take action to strengthen their cybersecurity posture to reduce their exposure to these types of threats."

I absolutely guarantee it was a result of having internet access to a computer connected a PLC who’s purpose was flow control to different divergent pipes. Man, I get it, when there’s the regular issues you love to have remote access to that PLC to fix it. But it’s a security concern for sure.

I am not at all unaware that if I fuck up, or if some hacker takes control of, my work laptop I could shutdown power to 4 hospitals and for a time a nuclear plant. Remote access is absolutely convinience above security.

Can you even really call ransomware lockout a "hack"?

There's nothing indicating in the story indicating it's a controller that got hacked. They shut down systems to prevent the spread and do an audit. It could have just been a random sales DB on the network for all we know. I always half-expect it was some guy that worked there that just said F-it and tried to rip them off.

Can you even really call ransomware lockout a "hack"?

There's nothing indicating in the story indicating it's a controller that got hacked. They shut down systems to prevent the spread and do an audit. It could have just been a random sales DB on the network for all we know. I always half-expect it was some guy that worked there that just said F-it and tried to rip them off.

Yup. It could totally be nothing more than that. Probably is. China would have done something much more extravagant (or quiet) than ransomeware causing power downs to prevent intranet spread.

Some disgruntled controls engineer popping in a flash drive could be all this was.

holy fuck.

Truth no longer matters. Credibility means nothing when you can get an account banned and come back the following week with a new one and a clean slate.

Most likely China/Russia. US needs to invest heavily in cyber-security for obvious reasons.

The next war will not be fought with guns or bombs, but ones and zeros.

Even though we have crude from decades ago that hasn't even been processed the oil companies will raise prices anyway.

holy fuck.

It’s fact. It’s a God Damn fact that Trump was way harder against russia than any president since the Cold War.

the excessive sanctions, blocking NordStream is basically illegal and enraged the Russians, giving deadly weapons to ukraine enraged the Russians, killing HUNDREDS of Russians in Syria, and then refusing to leave Syria, all done by Trump.

but you ignorant ignorant assholes believe things like the FAKE “Russian bounty on US soldiers” bullshit.

I’ve said it a million times, leftism is a mental disorder. An illness. It’s how you ok things like confusing children on their sexuality and mutilating them. And support it. Bc you’re ill.

Last edited:
Back