Cutting weight while working full time

Gotcha. Never used a sauna suit, I would go in underwear and wipe the sweat off with a credit card or something similar everytime I got out of the sauna...

There were guys advising to not wipe the arms and legs though, only the torso and the back. I don't know why, but since they were more experienced than me I ran with it :confused:

In the case of the TS maybe some nuts would come in handy, too. See, there is this thing called dietary-induced thermogenesis, which relates to how many calories are spent digesting the foods (or how much energy demanding different foods are to digest), and as far as I know nuts are also highly energetic foods but not as easily digested as bananas.

Also good old coffee always helped me grind out the work days while cutting, with the plus effects of being lipolytic (or lipotropic?), thermogenic and diuretic.

But it depends if the guy can handle it... some people experience their heart rates going up if they drink coffee while cutting
(maybe because of all the minerals you lose? I don't know)

Gotcha. Never used a sauna suit, I would go in underwear and wipe the sweat off with a credit card or something similar everytime I got out of the sauna...

There were guys advising to not wipe the arms and legs though, only the torso and the back. I don't know why, but since they were more experienced than me I ran with it :confused:

In the case of the TS maybe some nuts would come in handy, too. See, there is this thing called dietary-induced thermogenesis, which relates to how many calories are spent digesting the foods (or how much energy demanding different foods are to digest), and as far as I know nuts are also highly energetic foods but not as easily digested as bananas.

Also good old coffee always helped me grind out the work days while cutting, with the plus effects of being lipolytic (or lipotropic?), thermogenic and diuretic.

But it depends if the guy can handle it... some people experience their heart rates going up if they drink coffee while cutting
(maybe because of all the minerals you lose? I don't know)

i would sometimes do black coffee, but its kind of hard on my empty stomach so wasnt a fan of it.

wiping sweat off vs wearing a sauna suit

I used sauna suit everytime, my last cut I wiped sweat off with the towel and it worked great. It was much easier and much more comfortable. The idea behind it is that your body releases sweat to cool itself, when you wipe the sweat away, the body releases more each time, where as if you didnt wipe down, the body would stop releasing the sweat once your well covered.

I mixed the minerals, you're right. I'll edit that out.

As far as I know the thing with sugar is that there is association between carbs and water. Each gram of glycogen is associated with 3-4 grams of water and that is why I believe havings bananas while dehydrating may hinder the process.

I don't doubt that eating just bananas would make you lose weight, that makes a lot of sense. Not sure if it's the optimal way for an athlete to do it them having no fats or protein.

I only needed a sauna once, the first time I did it. It wasn't that bad after all. I did three rounds (1 of 15 min, 2 10 min) at a dry sauna and it was enough.

I've heard about people staying up to 30 min with no intervals. Sounds crazy to me. How much time you do?

Also never did the bath salts thing some guys do.

What else. Like just eat shit that doesn't fill you up right? Like non solid food? When it's close to fight day?

i would sometimes do black coffee, but its kind of hard on my empty stomach so wasnt a fan of it.

wiping sweat off vs wearing a sauna suit

I used sauna suit everytime, my last cut I wiped sweat off with the towel and it worked great. It was much easier and much more comfortable. The idea behind it is that your body releases sweat to cool itself, when you wipe the sweat away, the body releases more each time, where as if you didnt wipe down, the body would stop releasing the sweat once your well covered.

And about time... How long you stay inside the sauna?

And about time... How long you stay inside the sauna?

too long lol.

I cant recall as my coach would generally time it, we would usually be at the sauna for a few hours to get the last few pounds off. We would start off with longer sit periods but towards the end you could probably only tolerate 3-5 minutes at a time. Play it by ear and never cut weight alone, specifically in a sauna, if you pass out in there alone you could die.

I have cut weight before so that's not an issue, I just haven't done it while working this type of job lol.
I just wonder how people go about having to use the bathroom while drinking 2 gallons of water the first day and how you continue to work near the end of the cut. That's a slow death... My work perfomance would be wayyy low.

Never cut weight but for pee breaks while driving use a wide mouth drink bottle like tower crane operators do(like an empty sports drink container)

You need to be careful as driving while badly dehydrated sounds like a recipe for killing yourself or others in an accident.
More then enough evidence to show the link between dehydration and loss of performance (mental as much as physical).

I'd talk to your boss and see if you can get time off or a different job temporarily.

iv worked while cutting once i was rough gotta say especially on a big cut dropping all carbs and sodium for few days makes u not able to concentrate and think normally

I've gone through this water loading process for my last 5 fights and I know exactly what you mean about pissing like a pregnant woman.

My situation probably wasn't as hard as yours because I worked at a gym training fighters and giving classes and everybody knew what I was going through with going all the time to the bathroom.

What was hell was that I lived kinda far from the gym. It was an hour and a half trip twice a day from home and to home, and another two 20 min trips to another gym I also worked at the time.

The bus was always packed full of people so it I was standing all the time with all my training equipment on a giant bag. I lost count of how many times I had to drop off halfway to piss anywhere I could lol then it was a loooong wait until the next but came by.

Use piss jugs, man. I would if I have to at work. I used them late at night because I just wouldn't wake up everybody at home going to the bathroom all the time opening doors and turning lights on. Also, can't you hire anybody to help you with the physically demanding stuff? I mean, a good friend who wouldn't charge much or nothing at all... Those would be my options.

Or knowing a greasy physician to sell you a sick note for the week. But don't quote me on that jaja
Haha yeah jugs would be the only way I could get through. But from what I can tell my only option is to either compete at a higher weight to cut only 5-7 lbs or use a whole vacation on a fight week. That would suck but lol

Back