Cutting this week. Help....

WorldisMine81

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Ok...Im 6 foot even and 220lbs...bulked up....never really tried to cut cause i am afraid i'll lose to much strength so Im gonna cut like hell for seven days and see how much of a difference it makes.

any advice on what works for cutting....meals....food.....cario a lot??? or can i over do it?..

I would like to be 205lbs ripped after I cut....im currently real built just not cut.

Tons of water? not a lot? helppp

Are you trying to cut weight for a fight? Or are you just trying to lose bodyfat so you can be "ripped"?

Are you trying to cut weight for a fight? Or are you just trying to lose bodyfat so you can be "ripped"?

ripped look.

i train and all that but im notn a fighter i do it for kinda a hobby but..im looking to be ripped instead of just bulk like normal

ripped look.

i train and all that but im notn a fighter i do it for kinda a hobby but..im looking to be ripped instead of just bulk like normal

Then "cutting" a bunch of weight in seven days is not going to help you lose much fat. When people say "cutting weight" they mean losing water weight to make weight for a fight. If you want to lose 15 pounds and maintain your current strength levels, it will take you somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 months or more. You can find plenty of information about general weight loss in the D&S forum as well as here.

By the way, this thread is going to get locked pretty soon. I just wanted to give you a little push in the right direction before you get flamed/pwned.

When people say "cutting weight" they mean losing water weight to make weight for a fight.
funny, i thought when someone says "im gonna cut weight" they mean "i want to lose pounds" not "hey, my fightin match is comin up so i gotta lose some water weight"

Ok...Im 6 foot even and 220lbs...bulked up....never really tried to cut cause i am afraid i'll lose to much strength so Im gonna cut like hell for seven days and see how much of a difference it makes.

Cutting massively over a 7 day period sounds like the best possible way to lose muscle. Why not figure out what you are eating now, and then eat 10% less for a couple months? If you keep lifting heavy, you aren't going to lose much muscle.

wanting to get ripped will get you referred to bodybuilding.com around here

I'm far from even knowledgeable on the subject of weight loss but from what I understand it's basically about running a caloric deficit; burn more energy than you take in. A 7 day cut isn't exactly a great idea unless you're cutting for something (in which case you should have starting earlier anyways) so you should think a little more long term. Start eating a little less (read the diet and supplementation FAQs too), keep your protein intake very high and consistent, and start doing hill springs a la Wendler to put some hair on your chest.

How important is it to load my body with water?

at 220lbs...i only drink about 60oz a day...i just dont want the dirty bulk look...im not ripped but im not so big that im weak for my size...im strong but dont really look it...i just want to be ripped.....overeem, belfort type ripped.

If I can figure a way to be ripped and strong...while also staying out of the HW division I feel confident but if I can't...the HW division will eat me alive.

Thanks for the help either way....im not an idiot but u never know when someone might say something that will help for the rest of my life.

peace.

I didn't know cutting 15 pounds in a week improved strength or conditioning

your... look has nothing to do with your strength or conditioning?

Anyway if you wanna cut 15 pounds in a week you're gonna have to lose a lot of water. You should go to a bodybuilding website or read the fighting subforums for information on cutting water.

Im looking for the cut LOOK.

More important....but i figure the ripped look will mean less weight.

I think that what multiple people are point out but that you aren't listening to is that 1 week is a ridiculously small amount of time to focus on "getting cut". If you want to drop 7 kilos of bodyfat, and fat is 9 calories per gram, you are going to need a deficit of 63,000 calories. If you decide to impost that deficit on your body over a 1 month period, you are still looking at trying to be at a caloric deficit of 2000 calories EVERY DAY - that's still way too fast.

Wander over to the Diet forum and read the stickies. Fat loss isn't magic, but it takes some time to do. The things that you could do in a week to "get cut" aren't really things that you want to do in the context of your other goals (muscle retention and no need to make weight for a fight).

funny, i thought when someone says "im gonna cut weight" they mean "i want to lose pounds" not "hey, my fightin match is comin up so i gotta lose some water weight"

Maybe people have different terms, but my understanding has always been that "cutting weight"=losing weight for a fight, which usually means water.

You are not strong, and I bet you are fat as shit too.

yeah im fat as hell and weak.

idiot.

typical loser on here talkin smack cause u got nobody physically in front of you but.

type on waste of breath lol. im sorry all the high schoolers didnt let u be popular or sit with them at lunch lol pumpkin

Like some others have said, I don't think you can really get shredded in 1 week. Take a look at what some bodybuilders do to get the fat off. Of course you don't need to get as low of a %, I think around 8% will give you "the look". Go to a bodybuilding website for better info. This site is more for strength training and less about bodybuilding.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back