Cut closing. No stiches... Help.

this wound seal, and neosporin seem to have done the trick

FYI the maximum time you should wait to get stitches is 24h, however, some doctors won't do it past 12.

What part of the world are you from considering not going to a doctor for stitches if necessary? The risk of an infection is not worth trying to be badass and use duct tape...

You use steristrips, they are like stick on sutures. Use superglue to close it up first and reinforce it with the steristrips.

Isn't Krazyglue the one that's not directly toxic as opposed to superglue? They're generally the same thing (work the same way) but the formula is slightly different, and one's toxic in wounds and the other one not so much. I think I have it right

What part of the world are you from considering not going to a doctor for stitches if necessary? The risk of an infection is not worth trying to be badass and use duct tape...

Most people in the US would fall under this category. I got 8 stitches on my shin and I had to pay over 1k. If I did not have premium health care I would have had to pay a lot more.

Most free clinics have a very long wait (5-10hrs) and my window for stitches would have closed.

Most people in the US would fall under this category. I got 8 stitches on my shin and I had to pay over 1k. If I did not have premium health care I would have had to pay a lot more.

Most free clinics have a very long wait (5-10hrs) and my window for stitches would have closed.

Well, that is a nasty price for a few stitches. Luckily in here, we don't pay for such common tasks at all, but health insurance is mandatory. Although I believe it is still much cheaper here, with respect to average salary, than in US.

Anyways I wish you best of luck, no matter which option you will go for.

Lots of rubbing alcohol, a vaso constrictor to help control bleeding (like the nasal spray mentioned previously), some krazy glue, and some butterflies can do great things for sealing a wound. As an Army medic I've had to use less than conventional treatment methods quite a few times, and I can attest to the effeciency of that combination. The most important part of that is the alcohol or betadine iodine if you have some handy though (and have no allergies to it). If you create an airtight seal on a wound that hasn't been properly cleaned you're setting yourself up for a world of hurt.

alcohol to sterilize, triple antibiotic to keep it clean. from the sounds of it, it's too late for stitches anyway.

Over 1k? is this for real?

a buddy of mine was saying to mix some nasal spray with vasoline & neosporin

Back