Curtis Blaydes Reveals Whether Ngannou Or Lewis Hits Harder

Yes, the only fighter qualified giving his opinion on the hardest hitting HW, is definitely thread-worthy.

Ngannou hit Blaydes clean several times during their first fight and the fight was stopped in between rounds by a doctor due to Blaydes eye being swollen shut. During their second fight Ngannou hit Blaydes clean several times and was able to knock him down several times but the fight was stopped with Blaydes on his knees; so two TKOs.

You contrast that with Derrick Lewis who put Curtis out cold to the point he woke up in an ambulance.

I am sorry you might not like the answer he gave but it is certainly thread-worthy and interesting to hear his informed perspective. Quite a few posters have speculated Lewis has more power than Ngannou and Blaydes has seemingly confirmed that.
It doesn't exactly mean Lewis has more power then Ngannou, Lewis connected on Blaydes right on the chin/jaw, that's the most optimal spot to put someone lights out, Ngannou hit Blaydes on the side of the upper head, the thickest part of the skull, i mean Ngannou put Miocic to sleep with a short left hook and it took Lewis a full blown uppercut into Blaydes who also ducked into it, i would still say they have equal power

This is also light asking what hurt more, the bowling ball that hit me flat in the face or the one that nipped me on the side of the head, Lewis connected on Blaydes right on the sweetspot being the chin, Ngannou hit Blaydes on the upper part of his skull with a shot that wasn't as clean, point is Blaydes obviously chose Lewis because he landed the cleaner shot that put him out, I mean if you asked Dos Santos who hut harder he would say Ngannou because Ngannout knocked him out

This is also light asking what hurt more, the bowling ball that hit me flat in the face or the one that nipped me on the side of the head, Lewis connected on Blaydes right on the sweetspot being the chin, Ngannou hit Blaydes on the upper part of his skull with a shot that wasn't as clean, point is Blaydes obviously chose Lewis because he landed the cleaner shot that put him out, I mean if you asked Dos Santos who hut harder he would say Ngannou because Ngannout knocked him out
Let's give another perspective:
By the time Lewis landed the KO punch on Blaydes (6min26s), Ngannou had knocked out Blaydes, knocked out Cain, knocked out JDS, knocked out Jarzinho, and had still 3min left to take a shower.

He got fucked up by both, typical Sherdog desperation to fit agendas. Pathetic.
This is like describing who’s rape of you was more violent.

Lewis probably did hit him harder, but also Lewis generally throws bolos, whereas Francis has knocked multiple guys dead with fairly short shots that seems to be thrown independent of any proper kinetic chain.

Who has the better finishers? Scorpion or Sub-Zero?

Does it actually matter if you're dead?
If it’s in relation to entertainment, then yes it matters to those being entertained.

Hearing Blaydes weeping and crying in the background while the camera was on Lewis celebrating...one of those moments when I felt guilty for watching. I believe he's right, Lewis is probably the hardest hitter in UFC currently.

That shit was nasty. I can only think of like 3/4 other fights that had a fighter convulsing on the ground, moaning in pain to that degree post KO, and this was a high level heavyweight match-up.

Speech impediment. Apparently it was way worse before and he improved a lot. I respect that

Damn didn't know that. It'd be hard to think his speech is going to improve at all post brutal KO, but hopefully the CTE damage from the Lewis fight will be minimal and won't have lasting effects, cus it sure looked/sounded like it after the fight.

That shit was nasty. I can only think of like 3/4 other fights that had a fighter convulsing on the ground, moaning in pain to that degree post KO, and this was a high level heavyweight match-up.

Damn didn't know that. It'd be hard to think his speech is going to improve at all post brutal KO, but hopefully the CTE damage from the Lewis fight will be minimal and won't have lasting effects, cus it sure looked/sounded like it after the fight.
Yea he sure didn't choose the right job to improve his speech. I respect him for owning it.

I feel like he doesn't get the respect he deserves in the division. In my eyes, only Francis and Cyril are above him. Maybe Stipe, that's why a fight between both would be super interesting. And that Lewis KO was nasty but I feel like at least 8 times out of 10 Blaydes wins that fight.

I get why he's not a favorite, he's quite boring and unapologetic about his wrestling heavy approch. But skill wise he deserves more respect

so if you ask JDS he would say francis since francis koed him when JDs took the best shot of Lewis ...

so if you ask JDS he would say francis since francis koed him when JDs took the best shot of Lewis ...

I would be interested to hear from JDS whether Gane or Ngannou hits harder since JDS admits Gane put him out temporarily while Ngannou TKOd him.

I would be interested to hear from JDS whether Gane or Ngannou hits harder since JDS admits Gane put him out temporarily while Ngannou TKOd him.
jds still think the shot that put him out against gane was illegal so he would still be bias and say he would have been fine if the shot were legal

Let's ask Rozenstruick who hits harder. He fought both and lost to both.

I disagree with his assessment with Jones vs Gane. Gane can fight at long distance just as good, if not better than Jones can. He's only at a 3 inch reach disadvantage and he has the kicking arsenal to easily make up for it.

Lewis had one of the best timed KO's and he hits hard. Ngannou has that power that you get brushed by and it just kicks out your equilibrium.

Back