Currently active, who are the most famous and popular boxers

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
in the whole world (not just in the U.S. or UK)?

Manny, Cotto, Martinez, Mayweather, Marquez, Canelo are the biggest. Klitschko's are huge everywhere except America.

Who would you say are?

I would start with Pacquiao, Mayweather and the Klitchko's.....however as an example I am aware that muti-millions of Chinese viewers follow a few of their boxers and outnumber those that follow boxing in the west.

Tyson Marquez.
Roman Gonzalez.
Brian Viloria.
Kazuto Ioka.
Xiong Zhao Zhong.

Manny, Cotto, Martinez, Mayweather, Marquez, Canelo are the biggest. Klitschko's are huge everywhere except America.

Cotto, Marquez and Alvarez are only really regionally popular as are the Chinese that I mentioned.....I am really interested in worldwide.

Last edited:
Maywather, Klitschkos & Pacquiao

The rest is one step lower.

In this order, the top 6 are:
May
Pac
Cotto
Marquez
Canelo
Chavez Jr

In this order, the top 6 are:
May
Pac
Cotto
Marquez
Canelo
Chavez Jr

Mayweather and Pacquiao yes, but Cotto is really only among Puerto Ricans and those in the U.S. as well as the Mexicans you listed are very popular in Mexico and the southwestern U.S. I can see Alvarez becoming famous worldwide with a win over Mayweather next year.

Mayweather and Pacquiao yes, but Cotto is really only among Puerto Ricans and those in the U.S. as well as the Mexicans you listed are very popular in Mexico and the southwestern U.S.

They draw big in the US. Sure they are much bigger in their home countries.

May, pac, klitscho(not america), cotto, chavez jr, canelo, martinez, jmm, broner, donaire, rios.

In that order.

Only Mayweather and Pacquiao.

I think thats probably right.....the Klitchko's are near and if Alvarez can beat Mayweather next year he may become famous/popular.

People here don't know much about the Klitschkos, Ward or any other boxers who aren't Cotto and the guys he's fought, Juanma Lopez and the guys he's fought.

Back