Current UFC Champions biggest potential threats to their title.

This is all opinion obviously. I'm basing everything from a stylistic stand point and I'm including fighters from other organizations outside of ZUFFA Let's start by going down the divisions

Heavyweight: Junior dos Santos - Cain Velasquez, Alistair Overeem, Fabricio Werdum and Daniel Cormier. *Honorable Mentions - Mark Hunt, just due to the stylistic match-up with JDS.

Light-Heavyweight: Jon Jones - Lyoto Machida and Alexander Gustafsson. *Honorable Mentions - Glover Teixeira and Phil Davis.

Middleweight: Anderson Silva - Chris Weidman and Ronaldo Souza. *Honorable Mentions - Hector Lombard, Vitor Belfort and Rousimar Palhares(probably not going to reach the level needed to challenge for the title though but he can be considered a somewhat stylistically bad match for Anderson)

Welterweight: Georges St. Pierre - Carlos Condit and Jake Ellenberger. *Honorable Mentions - Nate Marquardt

Lightweight: Ben Henderson - Gray Maynard, Anthony Pettis and Michael Chandler. *Honorable Mentions - Gilbert Melendez, Eddie Alvarez and Rick Hawn

Featherweight: Jose Aldo - Frankie Edgar. *Honorable Mentions - Chad Mendes, Eric Koch, Chan Sung Jung and Daniel Straus

Bantamweight: Dominick Cruz - Renan Barao and Michael McDonald. *Honorable Mentions - Eduardo Danats, Bibiano Fernandes, Eddie Wineland and Brad Pickett

Flyweight: Demetrious Johnson - John Dodsen, Ian McCall and Joseph Benavidez. *Honorable Mentions - Chris Cariaso and Tim Elliot

What do you guys think?

werdum has no chance... condit just lost .... you also forgot to mention gegard mousasi

\

Heavyweight: Junior dos Santos - Cain Velasquez, Alistair Overeem,
Light-Heavyweight: Jon Jones - Lyoto Machida and Alexander Gustafsson. *Honorable Mentions - Glover Teixeira and Phil Davis.

Lightweight: Ben Henderson - Gray Maynard, Anthony Pettis

Featherweight: Jose Aldo - Frankie Edgar. Chad Mendes,

Bantamweight: Dominick Cruz - Renan Barao

i agree with these choices 100 percent

it amazes me how many people think another meeting between Jones and Machida would go any different

So basically anyone in the top 5 of each weight class. Kinda not the most thought out thread..

It's strange you think Strauss is a honorable mention to beat Adlo, but you didn't mention Particio Pitbull who is probably one of the only featherweights I think really has a chance to beat Aldo.

It's strange you think Strauss is a honorable mention to beat Adlo, but you didn't mention Particio Pitbull who is probably one of the only featherweights I think really has a chance to beat Aldo.

I did this for a couple reasons. Straus is much bigger than Aldo, while Pitbull is smaller than Aldo. Straus' wrestling is pretty top notch and Pitbulls is good too(even outwrestled Straus in a couple of their exchanges), but Straus imposes his more. Neither are going to outstrike Aldo, but I feel that Straus would constantly try to grapple, which would give him a chance, while I feel Pitbull would try to stand for some most exchanges, which would lower his chances considerably.

black fedor
MAchida
Jacare
Hendricks
Maynard
Edgar
Barao
Dodson

I think that Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have 0 threats.

Agreed, unless Silva moves up. Then they'd be each others.
Benson also looks pretty unstoppable, maybe Gil or Gray.
JDS should definitely be worried about Cain, especially after hearing in his sherdog interview that he didnt bring in any wrestlers to train.
I wanna say GSP's would be Hendrix but I thought the same about Koscheck and Condit and he dominated the shit out of both of them.
Aldo's is Frankie but who knows how he'll perform at 145.

All in all I think its safe to say the UFC champs are without a doubt the best of he best.

they all have targets on their backs and all fight top competition well except for Silva. He don't have much comp and what he does have he avoids.

HW- Reem
LHW- Machida and Gus (i dislike jones but those two arent really much of a threat)
MW- Weidman (not much of threat as well if you compare it to other divisions' contenders)
WW- Hendricks
LW- Melendez, Maynard, Pettis
FW- Edgar

I think GSP runs through them both at will with ease

What Ellenberger is a bigger threat then Hendricks? Hendricks has more power, cardio and wrestling than the berger

hw: cormier and werdum
lhw: lyoto and hendo
mw: weidman
ww: hendro!!!
lw: gilbert

What Ellenberger is a bigger threat then Hendricks? Hendricks has more power, cardio and wrestling than the berger

I think Ellenberger has better MMA wrestling than Hendricks honestly. Credentials, yes Hendricks has it, but his wrestling really hasn't adapted to MMA as well as Ellenbergers has, which is why I think Berger stylistically matches up well with GSP, His MMA wrestling offensively and defensively has been put to test and he's past with flying colors(watch his fight with Jay Hieron, he put Jay on his back with ease, something that Ben Askren had trouble doing and his TDD was just WOW), while Hendricks has lost the grappling exchanges in most of his fights.. Hendricks probably does have more power, but the fact they both have power is what really matters, not who has more. And cardio, Hendricks probably has more to offer there too but not by much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back