Current Top fighters with styles that wouldn’t work in any other division

Francis , Francis , Francis oh and Francis . 90% of his entire fighting "style" is him being physically gifted .
It is what it is <WhatItIs>
No it's not. Dude is actually a fighter. Fought Stipe with just 4 years of MMA experience and went the distance. Was tired as fuck and Stipe still couldn't finish him. Why? Fighting spirit and heart. He is physically gifted and then some.

I don't think Jones style will crossover well for HW. Bones isn't a fast fighter and doesn't have KO power. He relies on strength and fight IQ.

That strength part will be interesting.

No it's not. Dude is actually a fighter. Fought Stipe with just 4 years of MMA experience and went the distance. Was tired as fuck and Stipe still couldn't finish him. Why? Fighting spirit and heart. He is physically gifted and then some.
Where did I say he wasn't an actual fighter ? Sure he didn't get finished but he got absolutely owned because his power didn't bring him to the W so all he could do was hyperventilate get rag dolled and survive . He has heart yes but I'm talking about technique . I'm sure you've seen his KO's in slow motion dude throws a punch like your absolutely not supposed to wild insane swings but he's so powerful he wrecks . He did look good training with Teddy atlas though .

Deiveson Figueiredo

Cutting weight to the point of hospitalization to gain a physical advantage doesn't work at other weights besides 125

I guess WMMA 145, since merely existing allows you to be a top fighter.

All champs aside from maybe Izzy at LHW!!!!

If their styles worked in other divisions they would have cut or gained and won those belts too

literally every division except for HW has ridiculous weight cutting.

Guys with weight issues are able to move up in every division.

There's only one division with a current champ who's missed weight for a title fight and been hospitalized the night before a different title fight due to a bad weight cut.

Outside of CCC the history of the 125 division is guys that either stayed there for their career or went up to 135 and had nowhere near the same success.

Guys with weight issues are able to move up in every division.

There's only one division with a current champ who's missed weight for a title fight and been hospitalized the night before a different title fight due to a bad weight cut.

Outside of CCC the history of the 125 division is guys that either stayed there for their career or went up to 135 and had nowhere near the same success.
two champs, khabib was also hospitalized. Then you have guys like rumble and pettis who have had some very rough cuts that affected their performance.

Which top fighter has a style that only works in their specific division and wouldn’t work in any other division?

I’ll start with Derrick “Just stand up” Lewis.

That works in any division, you just need the strength and explosiveness to do it. Just watch for the hooks and back take on the way up. That's why training strength and technique is better than just training technique alone.

two champs, khabib was also hospitalized. Then you have guys like rumble and pettis who have had some very rough cuts that affected their performance.

Khabib has never missed weight though, but it is directionally close to the same point. Khabib has struggled with weight but is unwilling to move to 170,

Figgy's style probably wouldn't work at Heavyweight, I just feel being 5'5 would negate his style up there...

Where did I say he wasn't an actual fighter ? Sure he didn't get finished but he got absolutely owned because his power didn't bring him to the W so all he could do was hyperventilate get rag dolled and survive . He has heart yes but I'm talking about technique . I'm sure you've seen his KO's in slow motion dude throws a punch like your absolutely not supposed to wild insane swings but he's so powerful he wrecks . He did look good training with Teddy atlas though .
The problem is too many people are focused on how things look versus to how effective it is. The point is always being effective. You can have cleaner looking technique but if you are not effective with it, then your technique is at a lower level. The best have always did things you aren't supposed to be doing technically. They saw the textbook techniques and saw the holes in it and built a style around that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back