Curious Case of Chris Weidman

Didnt he just said he still can't really grip too hard without pain in his thumb recently and he'd need another 2 months or so to fully recover after consulting with Khabib that had the same injury?

Jacare Sounds about right. They both lose to the current top guys.

I hate when people use Curious Case. He'll get a fight sooner or later.

I say its the former.

Because his performance wasn't the only thing that changed post USADA.
So did this body and overall size.

He was asked about his weight and size prior to the Rockhold fight and his excuse was that he wanted to be faster.
And yet he is smaller AND slower.

Even if you think it just backfired somehow ... why would you want to be smaller fighting the biggest opponent you ever fought at MW? Pretty dumb even IF we believe his lie.
Also, since Usada, I don't remember him hurting or rocking any one of his opponents since. His power is non-existent.

Alot of people were saying he'd beat Jon Jones.
giphy.gif
Oh good lord!!,

<36>

I totally forgot about that one...

Even when I dislike Jon with some passion, that was just way too much.

He has looked suspiciously different after USADA came to town. I like him, I think Jac will be his next fight for sure, and I don't want to imply he is a cheater, but...

Somebody should ask Serra on his next Unfiltered podcast episode. I'm sure he would be fully honest.

Animation5788.gif

how dare you

I feel bad for him and his Dad - clear his Dad was trying to do a nice gesture, sticking up for his son in the face of thousands but... yeah it's pretty embarrassing.

I feel bad for him and his Dad - clear his Dad was trying to do a nice gesture, sticking up for his son in the face of thousands but... yeah it's pretty embarrassing.
It's charming because it's so awkward. I love old people/parents who are oblivious to what's cool and what's cringy.

On the one hand I’d like to see Jacare/Weidman in the other I think Jacare should get the next title shot as is.

Jacare lost to both the champ and the top contender within his last five fights. I like the guy and am pulling for him, but he does not deserve the next shot.

The problem at MW is that the number one contender would obviously be Mousasi and he's, ahem, unavailable.

He'll he fighting Jacare for the winner of Yoel-Whittaker.

Yoel vs Whittaker
Luke just got KTFO
Branch is fighting Santos
Machida fighting Bisping
Vitor fighting Hall
Brunson-Kelvin
Anderson career over

#2 Jacare vs #4 Weidman gets next title shot.
if he beats jacare does he get the title shot with only being 2-3. I feel like if jacare wins he gets the title shot but if whineman wins he should have to fight luke again in a battle of the saltiness for the title of non saltiest fighter ever, loser makes an excuse giving them the saltiest title of course

I remember when people just really think that he would be the next MW GOAT... Big hype all over this guy.
I was getting there. He seemed to have such an understanding of defensive footwork and distancing. He also seemed to have big power in his hands and nice fast kicks. I also was impressed with his grappling whihc was excellent. I thought he would be a big deal.

Sure, I'll take the Jacare fight.
Should be fun.

Oh good lord!!,

<36>

I totally forgot about that one...

Even when I dislike Jon with some passion, that was just way too much.
Could you imagine the carnage once Jon got on top of him?
7jUxSM4.gif
gVdXGhH.gif
6h1gsl.jpg

7LxyeF8.gif

chris-weidman-ufc-1941.jpg

oh I thought this thread was gonna be about how his performance suddenly dropped hard after USADA
You had high hopes. I just thought this thread would be about something. Turns out i was wrong.

Back