Cubo de Sangre's 2015 All-Purpose Metal & Hardcore Thread

Brothers of the Sonic Cloth (Tad Doyle's new band) is dropping their debut album next month. Here's a teaser from Neurot Records, this shit sounds fucking CRUSHING:

You still listened to nu metal in 05? :icon_lol:
The only nu-metal I've listened to in the past ten years is Boy Hits Car and I only refer to them as that genre because they were around during the time it was big (they're alternative). Other than that, I can't recall a proper nu-metal album being released in the past decade. If you listen to the Deftones, you've probably listened to more nu-metal than I have in a decade.

Seriously, I heard someone mention Papa Roach a few months back, and I was like, that band is still around?

Why the fuck do you associate me with nu-metal? lol I'm the prog guy.

The only nu-metal I've listened to in the past ten years is Boy Hits Car and I only refer to them as that genre because they were around during the time it was big (they're alternative). Other than that, I can't recall a proper nu-metal album being released in the past decade. If you listen to the Deftones, you've probably listened to more nu-metal than I have in a decade.

Seriously, I heard someone mention Papa Roach a few months back, and I was like, that band is still around? Why the fuck do you associate me with nu-metal? lol

Lighten up, sir. I was only looking forward to one of your infamous diatribes. I was hip to your highlight videos quite a while before I ever came to this site, I seem to remember those early montages going along with nu metal songs. Maybe I'm mistaken? But I don't think so...

Deftones kick a lot of ass too. If you still classify them as nu metal, I guess I like it then.

I decided to revisit Melechesh's "Emissaries" album and I'm glad I did. Such a great album.

Love the riff that kicks off the verse in this song.

Edit: I didn't read the part about only music from 2015. My mistake, I apologize.

Last edited:
We're only supposed to talk about new albums for 2015? B-but... my ongoing obsession with Arghoslent...

Start a new thread. :)

Let this be your guide (I'm operating under the belief that this is too (bad) cartoony to need censored here, and since it came with the last issue of Maximumrocknroll. Fingers crossed.).

IMG_7971_zpsd8f31648.jpg

Brothers of the Sonic Cloth (Tad Doyle's new band) is dropping their debut album next month. Here's a teaser from Neurot Records, this shit sounds fucking CRUSHING:

Damn, Tad is looking...distinguished! Crazy he's rockin' out more heavy than he did 20 years ago. I actually kinda wish this had a little more early Tad, but it's still got me interested in checking out the whole album. Too bad the Tad recordings aren't this crushing.

Lighten up, sir. I was only looking forward to one of your infamous diatribes. I was hip to your highlight videos quite a while before I ever came to this site, I seem to remember those early montages going along with nu metal songs. Maybe I'm mistaken? But I don't think so...
I have nothing against nu-metal. There's a bunch of albums from that era I still listen to and enjoy, mainly Sevendust and Flaw. I was just confused by your comments since I thought the genre was dead. The only time I hear it nowadays is in UFC promos. I kinda miss it honestly. :D

As for the highlights, the only nu-metal song I've used was Mushroomhead's cover of "Crazy" cuz it was fitting.

I have nothing against nu-metal. There's a bunch of albums from that era I still listen to and enjoy, mainly Sevendust and Flaw. I was just confused by your comments since I thought the genre was dead. The only time I hear it nowadays is in UFC promos. I kinda miss it honestly. :D

As for the highlights, the only nu-metal song I've used was Mushroomhead's cover of "Crazy" cuz it was fitting.

I still listen to Slipknot and Iowa, no fucks are given. I generally have a distaste for nu metal as a whole, as my friends back in the mid to late 90's were all about the shit, but I was a punk kid who hated metal in general back then, aside from Slayer and Deftones, which I've always liked. Choking Victim begat Leftover Crack, which piqued my interest in metal as a whole, because of those bands metal influences. Especially black metal. Later on, as with most music I generally disliked at a certain point in time, I revisited it and it was nostalgic in a way. I don't mind some of it now.

/uninteresting history.

Last edited:
Damn, Tad is looking...distinguished! Crazy he's rockin' out more heavy than he did 20 years ago. I actually kinda wish this had a little more early Tad, but it's still got me interested in checking out the whole album. Too bad the Tad recordings aren't this crushing.

Early TAD material had it's moments of sheer heaviness but nothing this apocalyptic sounding. I remember reading someone comparing this album to playing D&D with a guy in his 50's as the Dungeon Master because he's been around since the shit popular and you know when he lays it down it's gonna be fucking gnarly.

Early TAD material had it's moments of sheer heaviness but nothing this apocalyptic sounding. I remember reading someone comparing this album to playing D&D with a guy in his 50's as the Dungeon Master because he's been around since the shit popular and you know when he lays it down it's gonna be fucking gnarly.

To be clear, I meant to say that Tad's early/best stuff is under-produced.

On the off-chance anyone is interested I'll be releasing some Jewish Thrash Punk in April.

That was worth it for comedy value alone. I can totally picture some WP boneheads moshing to that having no idea.

Napalm Death - Cesspits

Apex Predator - Easy Meat, new album, will be out on the 27th.

[Yt]l7krFt7tw04[/MEDIA]

Napalm was my first pit. Awesome that they are still grinding it out.

Technically the song came out in 2014, but the album comes out (hopefully) this year.

That was worth it for comedy value alone. I can totally picture some WP boneheads moshing to that having no idea.

Thank you for taking the time to check it out. I think the shtick is hilarious and a unique lyrical approach (which is hard to find anymore). I listened to it repeatedly in order to make sure the music stood up to the aesthetic. I feel that if the lyrics were swapped out for more standard fare that it would still rock balls. It's catchy. I'm a sucker for catchy. :D

Here's a site that's compiling 2015 release dates. Christ there's a shit ton of records. Out of the stuff I've heard of I'm most interested in hearing the Acid King.

http://heavymetal.about.com/od/toppicks/a/cdreleasedates.htm

Here's a different one. I now see Raised Fist. Yes! Boner city.

http://loudwire.com/2015-hard-rock-metal-releases/

Technically the song came out in 2014, but the album comes out (hopefully) this year.

They sound like they're going for it, but I just don't feel inspired by them anymore. To me the song Gemini was like they're death rattle. I still love most of the stuff before that though.

All that remains comes out with an album in feb

Thank you for taking the time to check it out. I think the shtick is hilarious and a unique lyrical approach (which is hard to find anymore). I listened to it repeatedly in order to make sure the music stood up to the aesthetic. I feel that if the lyrics were swapped out for more standard fare that it would still rock balls. It's catchy. I'm a sucker for catchy. :D

Here's a site that's compiling 2015 release dates. Christ there's a shit ton of records. Out of the stuff I've heard of I'm most interested in hearing the Acid King.

http://heavymetal.about.com/od/toppicks/a/cdreleasedates.htm

Here's a different one. I now see Raised Fist. Yes! Boner city.

http://loudwire.com/2015-hard-rock-metal-releases/

holy shit that song is generic

anyway, i guess we are naming metal bands after harry potter shit now
Serious Black - As Daylight Breaks (AFM)

oh, in march
Enslaved - In Times (Nuclear Blast)
^ fuck yeah!!!!

holy shit that song is generic

anyway, i guess we are naming metal bands after harry potter shit now
Serious Black - As Daylight Breaks (AFM)

You never heard Raised Fist? They've been around for 20 years. That may not be the greatest song (it's the only one I saw from the new record), but the albums always bring the energy. I expect them to deliver the goods over the course of the record. I'd post some other tracks but I really want to keep this thread to 2015 stuff.

Back