Cuba or Mexico - Which country would you rather go to for a vacation?

Which country would you rather go to for a vacation?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess I'd say Mexico.

QVBAC_map_2020.gif

I don't know. I'm American so I'm kinda forced to opt for Mexico. But Cuba is safer and more interesting in a lot of ways. Mexico is more varied and has better/more open internet access. I'd really like to visit both. Hopefully Cuba opens up more moving forward...

PS - I ended up voting for Cuba to tie it at 4-4 and make things interesting...

I don't know. I'm American so I'm kinda forced to opt for Mexico. But Cuba is safer and more interesting in a lot of ways. Mexico is more varied and has better/more open internet access. I'd really like to visit both. Hopefully Cuba opens up more moving forward...

PS - I ended up voting for Cuba to tie it at 4-4 and make things interesting...

I ruined it... 4-5 Cuba

I think Cuba has better looking women. It's almost like going back in time in a sense. The architecture, the old cars. The population is well educated but also misinformed to a large extent because of government control. A lot of people have degrees and licenses in one field, but might do side hustles because it pays better than government jobs. Like you might meet a beautiful woman who has a master's degree or a doctorate but she sleeps with foreign men for money because the money is so much better. More interesting than Mexico in a lot of ways. But Mexico is a large continental and peninsular country and not just a tropical island. So the cities and activities there are more varied. I feel like Cuba would be a better place with better government and financial management. They missed a golden opportunity when they got rid of Batista but unfortunately they got a dictatorship which was even worse in a lot of ways, and a lot more long-lasting...

Last edited:
Mexico by far. I go to Cabo at least once a year (telum is my 2nd favorite) it is a 2 hr flight from LA and is a beautiful beach destination with world class restaurants. I live like a king down there. Also I have a friend with an enormous house in Pendregal estates which is beautiful beyond description.

Mazatlan has incredible rainforests and I have some of the best times of my life zip lining over canopy’s and repelling down waterfalls there.

Mexico City is truly where the players play. It is home to some of the best restaurants in the world. The art and culture is magnificent. Salvador Dhali has an entire park there with his sculptures. The nightlife is amazing and the women from all around the world that flock to MC for the model scene is amazing.

Mexico...but in the Rick Steves mode of vacationing-less touristy spots off beaten paths.....

and if Bottles can be my tour guide

3925126c-e7dd-4e15-9d6d-9342bb0c112c.png

Back