Cryptocurrency - a few tips from an old hand

Is there any way to bypass the fees that coinbase charges? Or another site that is recommended? I'm trying to transfer $100 worth of bitcoin to poloniex and they want 40 for the fee. I like being able to pay in Canadian currency, but there must be a cheaper option..

Nik123 can you give us an idea what your crypto portfolio looks like?

Is there any way to bypass the fees that coinbase charges? Or another site that is recommended? I'm trying to transfer $100 worth of bitcoin to poloniex and they want 40 for the fee. I like being able to pay in Canadian currency, but there must be a cheaper option..

Gdax, coinbases not shit platform. Link the accounts and just use that one. Should be able to transfer between each other for free.

My Ethereum has more than tripled since I first bought it.

Not quite tripled but damn close here as well. Bought in at $300 back in the summer. Wasn't doing shit for the longest time but it finally moved. Have a lot more $ in LTC anyway so I'm happier with that movement.

Nik123 can you give us an idea what your crypto portfolio looks like?

Basically the ones I listed.

Also looking at: Neo, INS Ecosystem (new ICO - looking to revolutionalise the way we shop), Bit Degree, Singularity net (global AI/robotics marketplace on the blockchain - basically, Skynet)

Noob question: Whats the differenve between a coin and Tokens?

Ahh yes the shill thread I’ve been waiting for.

WTF is going on with XRP? What an insane price jump. I’m not a fan of the coin, but dang. Good for them I guess. I like you’re picks TS, I’m thinking of dumping around $1-2k in POWR to see where it takes me. Your 3rd pick seems like more of a gamble but at sub $.10 (currently $.5) seems like a nice risk to take. My biggest gamble right now is QASH. I’m really hoping their World Book works out. If it does, the coin could launch.

ADA sucks IMO. It’s got a supply of 25B and it’s MC is $12B. If it went to a dollar it would overtake LTC & IOTA as a Top 5 coin. It would overtake LTC by 7B. I don’t see that happening, but I also didn’t see XRP hitting a dollar either. So what do I know?

Anyways, here’s a shameless QASH plug:
wiqab3mj36qz.jpg

If I am going to invest in cryptocurrencies, I want to put my money into something that has actual world application rather than simply created to be digital money. I haven't done much research into this area yet, but I got about $5000 to play with. That's the maximum amount of money I am comfortable with losing in case it doesn't work out. My coworker invested into multiple smaller altcoins, and he recommended IOTA.

Sorry I moved this, but I didn't like the other thread and I think we should discuss our investments in here.

That said, try and find some YouTube videos on IOTA. There are plenty out there. Look into their Subreddit. It has a big community who will help you learn more about it. As far as I know, they have some big partnerships. Everything you're going to invest in is speculation at this point. What we invest in, we're assuming will have a real world application in the future. I believe IOTA has that. Although their tech might be behind Blockchain, if implemented, it will have a real feeless world use. It might be the future.

Thanks, but do we want to invest in coins with superficial candy like social feeds or invest in coins that will be used most widely in digital transactions? I'd rather with the latter.

Is a few more or less than a couple? Seriously, my wife and I got into a fight over this. I said a couple is two, and a few isnthree or more. She said a couple and a few are the same. So I asked her why we were considered a couple and not a few.

Couple is definitely two.

Thousands of hours is multiple work years. ;) Is this your full time job? Just curious.

I've seen a lot of talk about investing in the crypto market over the last few weeks given how it's becoming mainstream now. So thought I would put together a few thoughts that may help noobs decide where and how to invest.

I've been in the game for a while now, and have spent thousands of hours on researching cryptocurrency white papers, teams, use cases, and future growth potential.

Please don't take the following as investment advice per se (I am not a financial advisor), but as potentially useful information to guide your own research before investing.

My picks for coins that are likely to do very well in 2018 (these are all under the radar right now):

In no particular order:

1. ETHOS: this is a game changer. Ethos will be a Coinbase killer. They are launching a new universal wallet (coming out in Q1 2018) what will enable anyone to buy any cryptocurrency (not just the coinbase ones) with fiat money, and also let people cash out. On top of that, there will be a price predictions platform, social networking, and a building tool for apps. They will also let newbies instantly invest in diversified baskets of crpyocurrencies (eg. big caps, privacy coins etc) with 1-click type functionality. Very solid team (ex BlackRock COO, who is very active in replying to questions on their telegram chat). Currently hovering around 1.90$ - predictions for next year range from $20 to $100. I see this as driving the next stage of crypto adoption (past Bitcoin to the Alt coins). Imagine logging into Ethos on your phone, looking at price predictions for a coin ranked by the community, being able to invest with one click, and then when you want cash out with one click.

Coinbase will be made redundant by this. And if you imagine how big Coinbase is now (number 1 downloaded iphone app in the United States) - you can see what kind of potential Ethos has next year. Now is the time to get in, before the herd comes.

Note: you can buy Ethos by trading your bitcoin for it on exchanges like Binance. But be aware that on Binance Ethos is still under it's old name, Bitquence (ticker symbol BQX).

2. POWER LEDGER: this is a monster. RIchard Branson and Elon Musk are investors. They are using the blockchain to let people actually sell and trade solar energy (this is a big deal in Australia, where it has launched. A lot of people have solar energy meters which they don't fully use. This lets them actually sell their excess energy to anyone in the grid automatically, circumventing the power companies. With green energy being the next big thing, this has potential to take over the world). Their team leader, Jemma Green, is a bit of a superstar. She also just became Mayor of Perth - so political power in addition to their huge plans.

3. InvestFeed: this is aiming to be the decentralised Facebook of the crypto world. They already have a working platform you can use, and a huge amount of features (more incoming per their published roadmap) and a massive marketing campaign incoming early next year. Price likely to go insane after that (as it is less than $0.07 now!). Their platform brings traders together to discuss crypto trading ideas, news, market trends, prices, etc. Has the potential to go up in price 100 times or more next year given it's tiny market cap at the moment.

Investor types/styles:

You can take the following approaches with investing in this market (or most liquid markets):

1. Day trading (trying to make money off daily volatility/price fluctuations in the market. This is a highly risky and stressful strategy. Most day traders lose money as the market is almost impossible to time, and you are up against trading bots and whales).

2. Swing trading (trying to make money off weekly/monthly trends based on price movements, market news. etc. Still risky, but safer than day trading if you know what you are doing. Decent profit potential, but you need to be heavily into this space, constantly reading up on market and coin news, and familiar with analytical tools

3. Holding (HODLing) - Long term investing. The best tactic by far. This involves finding coins with solid fundamentals, teams, and use cases (ie does the project solve a real world need) - and then holding onto the coin for at least 1-3 years. The market will go up and down, but HODLERs don't worry about that as they have taken an educated risk, and just hold onto their investment through the ups and downs. HODLERs have confidence in their picks based on research, and they don't panic sell because they have only invested what they are willing to lose. This tactic has proven time and again to give much much better returns than day trading or swing trading. The long term returns in this market, and the future potential...is jaw dropping. But you need to HODL to really benefit.

Anyways, hope this is useful for those looking into the crypto market. Remember to do your own research, and happy HODLing.

Has the bubble burst now are or people just mass selling for Christmas??

Couple is definitely two.

Right. Which is why people call two people in a relationship a couple, and if they involve one more person in sex, it is called s threesome. See? I knew I was right.

Has the bubble burst now are or people just mass selling for Christmas??

Lol, if you count this as a bubble then it bursts every week, and then gets bigger the week after. Is normal.

Noob question: Whats the differenve between a coin and Tokens?

A coin is a distinct blockchain (like Bitcoin, Neo or Ethereum). Most 'tokens' in the market today are ERC20 tokens, which are built on the Ethereum blockchain,

Thanks, but do we want to invest in coins with superficial candy like social feeds or invest in coins that will be used most widely in digital transactions? I'd rather with the latter.

Why restrict yourself to coins used for digital transactions? That's already an overheated market segment.

Use your imagination, and you will find there are opportunities out there like -

Singularity Net (the first ever global decentralised AI/robotics marketplace - letting people monetize AIs and letting AIs talk to each other to fill in gaps. Skynet basically.

Building platforms that will rival Ethereum - like Neo (still undervalued compared to Ether and basically allows more flexibility for programmers than Ethereum.)

Disruptive platforms like INS Ecosystem - looking to revolutionalise the way people buy groceries.

Shit I could go on forever, the world's your oyster here mate - just need to put the time in and use a few guiding principles in your research.

And to your other question, this isn't my full time job.

Ahh yes the shill thread I’ve been waiting for.

WTF is going on with XRP? What an insane price jump. I’m not a fan of the coin, but dang. Good for them I guess. I like you’re picks TS, I’m thinking of dumping around $1-2k in POWR to see where it takes me. Your 3rd pick seems like more of a gamble but at sub $.10 (currently $.5) seems like a nice risk to take. My biggest gamble right now is QASH. I’m really hoping their World Book works out. If it does, the coin could launch.

ADA sucks IMO. It’s got a supply of 25B and it’s MC is $12B. If it went to a dollar it would overtake LTC & IOTA as a Top 5 coin. It would overtake LTC by 7B. I don’t see that happening, but I also didn’t see XRP hitting a dollar either. So what do I know?

Anyways, here’s a shameless QASH plug:
wiqab3mj36qz.jpg

Nothing like a good shill to calm the soul eh ; )

Thanks man. Yes agree, ADA makes me a bit nervous. Thought about going in but the market cap and pump n' dump history has me staying clear for now.

At least until they can produce more than a whitepaper and a video of a guy scribbling on a whiteboard. You know, something actually worth 15 billion.

And POWR; given the vision, delivery to date, and leadership - you could do much worse so it's definitely worth your 1-2k.

Qash looks interesting, looked into it briefly ages ago but may revisit. For me, Ethos is the game changer when it comes to letting people easily access crypto markets with fiat money, and the price action recently has been good, sustainable stuff.

I've added a few ICO options (or recent ICOs anyways) to my OP you may find interesting.

Back