Cruz vs Mayweather

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Who is more impressive? I'd say Cruz since there's no 10 count and anything is possible in mma. Also boxing is corrupt. I'm just solely referring to what they are able to do against their opponents. I'm not referring to records, titles or anything like that.

Cruz, to me

But I regard fighting more highly than boxing so I'm biased.

Edit: Also, he beat an MMA striking expert, with striking, while coated in cage-rust. I cannot stress enough how impressed I was

Cruz, to me

But I regard fighting more highly than boxing so I'm biased.

Edit: Also, he beat an MMA striking expert, with striking, while coated in cage-rust. I cannot stress enough how impressed I was
Who is the MMA striking expert he beat? Surely you don't mean TJ Dillashaw?

Not sure on what grounds you can compare Cruz and Mayweather though, odd

mayweather no doubt. not only is he the boxing goat, boxing is also a much much more difficult sport to be elite at. and hes undefeated.

It's a weird question, to be sure, so i just went with my bias.

And yes, TJ Dillashaw

there has never been a person in the ufc he has not out struck. faber, dillishaw, mighty mouse, everybody got out struck out took down and out skilled.

So what's your point here? Mayweather totally schools any mma fighter his size in boxing and most likely loses an mma fight.

Who is more impressive? I'd say Cruz since there's no 10 count and anything is possible in mma. Also boxing is corrupt. I'm just solely referring to what they are able to do against their opponents. I'm not referring to records, titles or anything like that.

I agree. Boxing is corrupt and MMA isn't. Definitely no similar type of corruption at all in MMA. Totally legit and clean. USADA bless.

Floyd's whole 20 year undefeated reign as champion, with about 30 championship level title fights, all corrupt and unimpressive. The tiny talent pool in boxing across five divisions still doesn't compare to Cruz' 7 fight reign and the huge pool of talent in the UFC.

Cruz and his 7 championship fights across 4 or so years, even losing his first one, is easily better. Boxing's pretty easy really. You only have to throw punches. How hard could it be!

giphy.gif

there has never been a person in the ufc he has not out struck. faber, dillishaw, mighty mouse, everybody got out struck out took down and out skilled.
I'm not arguing Cruz skills, I love the guy, but he still isn't comparable to Floyd Mayweather. Barely in the same universe

I agree. Boxing is corrupt and MMA isn't. Definitely no similar type of corruption at all in MMA. Totally legit and clean. USADA bless.

Floyd's whole 20 year undefeated reign as champion, with about 30 championship level title fights, all corrupt and unimpressive. The tiny talent pool in boxing across five divisions still doesn't compare to Cruz' 7 fight reign and the huge pool of talent in the UFC.

Cruz and his 7 championship fights across 4 or so years, even losing his first one, is easily better. Boxing's pretty easy really. You only have to throw punches. How hard could it be!

giphy.gif
I specifically said just based on what they have been able to do to their opponents, you clearly can't read, must be why you like Mayweather so much. As for the divisions, there are so many different belts in boxing plus there is a belt every 4-5 lbs. Most prospects in boxing get to atleast 30-0 it is several times harder to be undefeated in mma because anything can happen. All Mayweather fans seem to care about is that 0 on his record, nothing else matters to them.

I specifically said just based on what they have been able to do to their opponents, you clearly can't read, must be why you like Mayweather so much. As for the divisions, there are so many different belts in boxing plus there is a belt every 4-5 lbs. Most prospects in boxing get to atleast 30-0 it is several times harder to be undefeated in mma because anything can happen. All Mayweather fans seem to care about is that 0 on his record, nothing else matters to them.
As for corruption, boxing has been around a lot longer and is much easier to rig. You know when you hear commentators cry corruption and say things like "this is what's wrong with the sport" that there is something seriously wrong.

Cruz because he dodges shit not just punches and counters very well, usually dominates the wrestling and it's absud how he just came back from a chain of bad injuries and fought like he never had time off.

I like them both but easily Mayweather.

People go on about how there's more to MMA so it's more impressive. It's actually the complete opposite. There's more to it so there's more options to avoid "fighting" as it were.

If you're getting lit up you can grab hold or go for a takedown
If you're caught in a submission, you can punch your way out of it
If you're getting GnPd, you can roll about and grab on to stall
If you're getting dinged under pressure and you can't keep up, you can walk away or hold on to recover energy without getting points deducted.

Boxing - If you're getting punched, tough shit, deal with it
Wrestling - If you're getting man-handled, tough shit, deal with it
BJJ - If you're caught in a submission, tough shit, deal with it

You have to use THAT skillset to survive THAT skillset. You can't simply bail and revert to something else because it's easier.

I'm not arguing Cruz skills, I love the guy, but he still isn't comparable to Floyd Mayweather. Barely in the same universe
I tell this to everybody. in boxing cruz loses bar none in mma cruz smashes him

Who does better Lebron James or Tom Brady?

James because Brady doesn't play defense.

Brady because the NBA is corrupt.

Back