Cruz vs Dillashaw closest fight ever?

so far people are 7-2 for cruz in this thread.

I do wonder how the world would've respond if TJ won though! at the time of the decision I had no idea who it would've been scored for

No it wasnt. At best Choi won the 1st 10-9 and that couldve been scored for Cub or 10-10. Rd 3 was nearly 10-8 as well for Cub.
You need to get your eyes examined if you think Round 1 was a draw. That makes me question anything else you have to say.

Well we've had draw in title fight but i guess a split decision can be closer than a draw. That being said personally i thought cruz won by an observable margin

Dan Severn vs Ken Shamrock 2 is probably the closest fight/staring contest. Neither landed any strikes and Severn won by holding the center of the Octagon.

Yes

Attachments

• IMG_9087.PNG
    IMG_9087.PNG
    205.7 KB · Views: 2
Conor vs Nate 2 has to be my bet. Yes Nate only won 2 rounds but the 2nd round was very close, if Nate did a little bit more it woulda went his way.

I thought that TJ won every round. He had the center of the cage the entire fight. Cruz was just running away.

It must be frustrating watching MMA when you have no idea how fights are scored.

Matt Hughes vs Carlos Newton.

Cant get much closer than both fighters finishing the other.

Its one of my favorite fights ever and yea it was really close.
A few of those rounds were a draw until Cruz completed a takedown even if he never controlled TJ on the ground or even held him there for any significant period.
TJ landed more damaging strikes.
I'd give it to TJ but it was that close.
Can't wait for part II.

Its one of my favorite fights ever and yea it was really close.
A few of those rounds were a draw until Cruz completed a takedown even if he never controlled TJ on the ground or even held him there for any significant period.
TJ landed more damaging strikes.
I'd give it to TJ but it was that close.
Can't wait for part II.

I really hope part 2 happens - I have to rewatch, i just remember watching and having no idea how the score card would go. I think its seriously underrated in terms of FOTY candidates - the story of Cruz's return, the magnitude of it being for the championship between two guys who may be the two most talented bantamweights of all time. such high stakes, higher stakes than a non-title fight between Diaz and Conor imo

but seriously guys- anyone remember mcgee vs whittaker ? That fight was so damn close!

By definition...

Wouldn't every draw in UFC history be closer ? It ain't rocket surgery fellas.

Robbie/Condit. I genuinely thought Robbie had to put him away in the 5th.

I thought that TJ won every round. He had the center of the cage the entire fight. Cruz was just running away.
so you couldnt pick a winner based off striking or grappling alone?

Id understand you picking dillashaw based off octagon control if you couldnt determine a clear winner based off grappling striking exchanges

I had Cruz winning 4 rounds to 1, or at least 3-2 for sure.
Even Diaz - Conor 2 was closer imo.

But as far as closest fight ever? Edgar - Maynard 1

Both Lawler Hendricks fights were close if I remember correctly. Definitely gave Hendricks both fight though. Also condit lawler was close. Also gave that to condit. Damn Lawler got lucky with decisions in the last couple of years.

Have not rewatched it but I thought Cruz took it clearly.

But then again I had Henderson winning against Bisping in their title fight.

Back