Cruz vs Dillashaw closest fight ever?

jcow3

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It had scores all over the place and they all made sense depending on how you score fights

I also remember Court McGee vs Robert Whittaker being soooo close waaaay back from 2013. I remember thinking that fight could've been anything from a draw to 30-27 either way across. Anyone remember that fight?

And any other nominees for closest fight?

I would have to say Cruz vs. Dillashaw is a FOTY candidate, not very often you see 2 guys who are so high level go 5 round in a technical chess match.

I thought that TJ won every round. He had the center of the cage the entire fight. Cruz was just running away.

every time you add something infinite like "ever" to a question the answer is almost always no.

Choi vs Swanson was closer even though the judges got it fucked up

Perry vs. Jouban should have been declared a draw.

I'd say Edgar/Maynard II was closer.

I think the clearest rounds were 4 and 5 for TJ.

Having said that you can definitely score it 3-2 for Cruz.

How about Gus vs Jones? Similar to the Cruz/TJ fight, the clearest rounds were 4 and 5 which Jones took, you can argue a case for 3-2 Gus though.

3 obvious Cruz rounds, plus another even round.

For me it's Henderson-Shogun 1 and Henderson-Bisping 2

H-bombs, long periods of inactivity, volume vs power, mount with damage, mount with no damage, then u have round 5 of Henderson-Bisping 2 where Henderson deceivingly has the higher volume and better position.. the fuck do you score that shit?

Cruz won but I didn't like how close it was, I was hoping that Cruz would solidify his win in the 5th round but TJ showed heart.

But still, Cruz took TJ down several times and made him look very slow and inaccurate. When you consider that Cruz had been on the shelf for years and wasn't even able to train for such long stretches of time and comes back and fights so well against such a high level opponent it was a truly amazing performance.

Back