• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cro Cop, after far more dominant/illustrious kickboxing career than Izzy,showed decline by 29 fights

all i know is, Cro Cop would've snapped Pereira in half with the quickness had he fought him. being shorter and near the same weight Cro Cop was an absolute unit who could fight with any HW even today. Adesanya couldn't even handle Polish Power. that's what it comes down to.

Everyone said fedor looked bad against arlovski as well before the ko that is.

They didnt bring over much more than the people you mentioned anyway.

Do you have any examples of a pride legend excelling after the closure of pride?

yeah, how about all the Pride legends who became UFC champions after Pride shut down? Big Nog, Rampage, Shogun, and Anderson?

He did win but he didnt look the same. It’s something thats talked about often but if you want to say thats not true thats ok i really dont care that much about it.

So you cant name one. Gotcha. All the ufc fighters that declined were at least tested on fight day. Pride had contracts that specifically allowed roids. Its ok to admit that your heroes did more roids than jon jones.

everyone admits that you could do steroids in Pride. i don't ever see anyone deny this. i DO see guys who think that Jon Jones doing PEDs = Pride guys doing PEDs and that's just false. see, in the UFC IT'S ILLEGAL to do PEDs. see the difference there?

He did win but he didnt look the same. It’s something thats talked about often but if you want to say thats not true thats ok i really dont care that much about it.

So you cant name one. Gotcha. All the ufc fighters that declined were at least tested on fight day. Pride had contracts that specifically allowed roids. Its ok to admit that your heroes did more roids than jon jones.

Shogun became UFC champ beating the UFC golden boy of the era? Rampage was champ before him beating the biggest UFC LHW name of the Pride era? Werdum became UFC champ years latter also beating the UFC golden boy?

Testing in the US was incredible limited in the late 00's, it was basically when you went for a licence and after a fight, if Pride fighters were on PEDs they could have carried on being on them in the US, heck Jon Jones seems to have a green light to keep failing tests even in the USAD era.

yeah, how about all the Pride legends who became UFC champions after Pride shut down? Big Nog, Rampage, Shogun, and Anderson?
Interim champ, left pride before it shut down and often says they fixed fights there, shogun looked horrible but he did become champ though he never defended it, anderson wasnt a Pride legend.
everyone admits that you could do steroids in Pride. i don't ever see anyone deny this. i DO see guys who think that Jon Jones doing PEDs = Pride guys doing PEDs and that's just false. see, in the UFC IT'S ILLEGAL to do PEDs. see the difference there?
they dont deny it but they do feel its fair to compare Pride performances to UFC fighter’s performances. Pride fighters looked better sonce they were on performance enhancing drugs.

Btw
A6B6C16F-D3A3-4BA9-988D-E87B2A87C0BE.gif

Shogun became UFC champ beating the UFC golden boy of the era? Rampage was champ before him beating the biggest UFC LHW name of the Pride era? Werdum became UFC champ years latter also beating the UFC golden boy?

Testing in the US was incredible limited in the late 00's, it was basically when you went for a licence and after a fight, if Pride fighters were on PEDs they could have carried on being on them in the US, heck Jon Jones seems to have a green light to keep failing tests even in the USAD era.
Rampage left pride due to fixed fights before they folded. Werdum was not a pride legend by any means. Shogun never even defended a title. Matter of fact the only one to defend the actual belt was rampage. Shogun didnt and neither did werdum.

good shit though ill give ya rampage you named one. I stand corrected

Rampage left pride due to fixed fights before they folded. Werdum was not a pride legend by any means. Shogun never even defended a title. Matter of fact the only one to defend the actual belt was rampage. Shogun didnt and neither did werdum.

good shit though ill give ya rampage you named one. I stand corrected

Ah so your one of "those" posters, I'll stop bothering to reply.

CroCops decline started in the UFC because he didnt know how to pass drug test like his western counterparts.

The case was the same for the majority of Pride fighters, excluding guys like Hendo/Rampage, because they knew/had knowledge of the American drug system.

Somebody like Jones wouldnt have enjoyed his pico advantages in Pride because they didnt bother with silly drug tests. PRIDE was fair game for all.

Last edited:
CroCops decline started in the UFC because he didnt know how to pass drug test like his western counterparts.

The case was the same for the majority of Pride fighters, excluding guys like Hendo/Rampage, because they knew/had knowledge of the American drug system.

Somebody like Jones wouldnt have enjoyed his pico advantages in Pride because they didnt bother with silly drug tests. PRIDE was fair game for all.

Cool story.
As if fighters didnt knew each other, train with each other, often shared coaches and doctors.
As if Hendo/Rampage lived in a bubble relative to the "majority of Pride fighters"....
Another Nobel prize coming out of sherdawg by the name of Noraaq :eek::eek::eek:

CroCop struggles in UFC came mostly due to the circled wide cage, which didnt favour his style at all, the different rule-set, and the age and milage (injuries).

Nope, it’s the competition . Less than a year after CroCop was on top of the MMA world in capturing the OWGP title, he has lackluster fight with Sanchez and gets flatline by Gonzaga.

Cro Cop and Fedor Emelianenko are one in the same, they come to the states & under legit testing protocols and good competition, they start losing. Both went back international and they somehow go on a winstreak.

Cro Cop comes back to the states puts a amazing performance against a Gonzaga rematch who was on a losing streak, Fedor loss to Maldonado comes back to the states and starts losing again.

Cro Cop went back to international and retired on a winstreak, It’s was not the mileage with CroCop for Fedor it was the skills of their opponents , it was always about that.

Cool story.
As if fighters didnt knew each other, train with each other, often shared coaches and doctors.
As if Hendo/Rampage lived in a bubble relative to the "majority of Pride fighters"....
Another Nobel prize coming out of sherdawg by the name of Noraaq :eek::eek::eek:

CroCop struggles in UFC came mostly due to the circled wide cage, which didnt favour his style at all, the different rule-set, and the age and milage (injuries).
CroCops temperment was the biggest change. He was timid, less explosive, and gunshy in the UFC,which are common changes when an athlete stops juicing.

That other shit you said made a difference, but its not the real reason for his decline.

Also, cross training between foreign fighters wasnt common back before PRIDE merged with the UFC. American pride fighters like Rampage and Hendo knew about TRT loopholes, whereas other Pride fighters did not have a TUE.

Last edited:
CroCops temperment was the biggest change. He was timid, less explosive, and gunshy in the UFC,which are common changes when an athlete stops juicing.

That other shit you said made a difference, but its not the real reason for his decline.

Also, cross training between foreign fighters wasnt common back before PRIDE merged with the UFC. American pride fighters like Rampage and Hendo knew about TRT loopholes, whereas other Pride fighters did not have a TUE.

Timid and gunshy were the opponents who were constantly circling out and taking advantage of the open space in the cage, as opposed to the ring, which obviously took away a huge part of what Mirko had been doing for a decade plus, both in MMA and KB. Not to mention elbows in the ground he wasnt used to.
This is much more evident than theories around "explosiveness","temperament" or any other sherbro talking of that kind

Of course, age and injuries take a toll as well, particularly in terms of "explosiveness".

If you want to point to alleged drug usage, TRT and TUEs and what not, cool for you. I find it lazy, baseless and weak. By mid-late '00s, cross training between foreign fighters was common enough btw, it already started in the 90s.

Timid and gunshy were the opponents who were constantly circling out and taking advantage of the open space in the cage, as opposed to the ring, which obviously took away a huge part of what Mirko had been doing for a decade plus, both in MMA and KB. Not to mention elbows in the ground he wasnt used to.
This is much more evident than theories around "explosiveness","temperament" or any other sherbro talking of that kind

Of course, age and injuries take a toll as well, particularly in terms of "explosiveness".

If you want to point to alleged drug usage, TRT and TUEs and what not, cool for you. I find it lazy, baseless and weak. By mid-late '00s, cross training between foreign fighters was common enough btw, it already started in the 90s.
Thats neat and all, but CC wasnt losing because of cage tactics and grounded elbows. He was getting flatline KOd in open space, by guys that would never beat him outside of the UFC.

Age you say? Since when is 33 considered old for a HW. Never. Heavyweights are relevant into their 40s.

Thats neat and all, but CC wasnt losing because of cage tactics and grounded elbows. He was getting flatline KOd by guys in open space, that would never beat him outside of the UFC.

Age you say? Since when is 33 considered old for a HW. Never. Heavyweights are relevant into their 40s.

If you dont get why the open space take away Mirko's habit of cutting off the ring, pressuring and getting his range after more than a decade fighting in a different environment I wont educate you on that.

So you say Junior Dos Santos was not slowed down by 33 in his rematch with Miocic? He was in his peak version because he was 33 and "since when is 33 considered old for a HW. Never. Heavyweights are relevant into their 40s" talking like a true textbook sherbro that's my boy.

If you dont get why the open space take away Mirko's habit of cutting off the ring, pressuring and getting his range after more than a decade of fighting in a different environment I wont educate you on that.

So you say Junio Dos Santos was not slowed down by 33 in his rematch with Miocic. He was in his peak version because he 33 and "since when 33 considered old for a HW. Never. Heavyweights are relevant into their 40s" talking like a true textbook sherbro that's my boy.
Lol, as if you could educate me. There have been plenty of fighters that transitioned successfully from ring to cage. That wasnt the problem with Mirko you dummy. He didnt have the temperment to apply an effective pressure style in the UFC. He was gunshy and reactive to his opponent, that was the first sign of his "decline"

JDS won 3 fights in a row after Stipe. Losing to Stipe is not a sign of decline. Going for winning the Pride OWGP to getting decapitated by inferior fighters like Gonzaga and Kongo in the span of less than a year, is a sign that somethings wrong.

Lol, as if you could educate me. There have been plenty of fighters that transitioned successfully from ring to cage. That wasnt the problem with Mirko you dummy. He didnt have the temperment to apply an effective pressure style in the UFC. He was gunshy and reactive to his opponent, that was the first sign of his "decline"

With 15 years in a mma forum and showing this painfully basic, textbook sherbro understanding of the sport, of course I can't educate you lol. Its a lost case.

Tell me more about how Junior Dos Santos was in his prime in the rematch with Miocic just because he was 33, in yet another one of your textbook sherbro repertory.

With 15 years in a mma forum and showing this painfully basic, textbook sherbro understanding of the sport, of course I can't educate you lol. Its a lost case.

Tell me more about how Junior Dos Santos was in his prime in the rematch with Miocic just because he was 33, in yet another one of your textbook sherbro repertory.
You are a moron.

Tell me how CC went from getting KOd dead by guys like Schaub, Gonzaga, because of "his age" but then goes a 10 fight win streak after leaving the UFC. Wins over solid fighters like Aliakbari, King Mo, and avenging Gonzaga loss.

JDS may not have been in his prime, but he sure as shit wasnt as bad as CC in the UFC.

Last edited:
F8VMToDWUAADc9w

<WellThere>

Cro Cop was highly sought after as one of biggest free agents ever in MMA by time he got to UFC. He finished Eddie Sanchez in round 1 but didnt look great. Then of course the Gonzaga upset was at his 29th fight then a mid 29-28 decision loss to Kongo.

29th MMA fight - Gonzaga
30th MMA fight - Kongo

Cro Cop had serious injuries as well that kept him from fighting NYE show in 06 for his legs and hips that had Hunt fight Fedor on short notice instead.

People wondered how did Cro Cop fall off.... Kickboxing mileage and injuries caught up. The low IQ fans couldnt comprehend this.... Now we're seeing a similar story play out with Izzy

25th MMA fight - Alex whos 7-1 finishes him in championship rounds
26th MMA fight - Alex whos a -250 favorite before Izzy found the KO was badly hurting and easily winning fight
27th MMA fight - gets dropped, clobbered and walked like a dog in a massive upset to Sean Strickland

We told you low IQ nerds Cro Cops injury and kickboxing mileage caught up. Now we're seeing it with Izzy.... Who was a far less dominant and decorated kickboxer than Mirko was too.
Cro cop would curb stomp this bum

Back