• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cro Cop, after far more dominant/illustrious kickboxing career than Izzy,showed decline by 29 fights

Cro Cop had 34 kickboxing fights.

Izzy had 80.

Pride fans never disappoint.
Cro Cop fought at a much higher level in kickboxing. He was fighting the absolute best Heavyweight kickboxers on the planet. Israel was very good but he was B or C level compared to Cro Cop's kickboxing career.

Cro Cop also has like 40 something boxing fights.

They were both elite MMA fighters and both seemed to slow down around 30 fights (which is normal)

Still waiting for you to let me know about the serious injuries and brutal wars Izzy has had that make his decline comparable to crocops. Funny you just didn't respond to my first comment but are still here defending your nonsense. It's kinda like you are cherry picking...just like Izzy's kickboxing career.
Izzy definitely has a lot of mileage. He has a lot of fights and fights very often. That's a lot of training camps. Even the biggest Izzy hater must respect that.

He probably didn't have as many injuries and wars as Cro Cop. Cro Cop fought so many killers. Cro Cop fought at a much higher level in kickboxing than Israel did. Nobody is disputing that.

The whole point TS is making is that we are now seeing Izzy show signs of decline after around 30 MMA fights, just like Cro Cop. People criticized Cro Cop and said he was never good once he started losing but now the same is happening to Izzy. Cro Cop was clearly a top 3 HW for about 5 years. Izzy has clearly been the best Middleweight in the world the last 4 years or so but nothing can last forever. Everyone begins to decline, especially kickboxers with tons of mileage

I'd like to introduce yourself to... yourself:

You also conveniently left out Izzy's 32 amateur kickboxing fights (and it's 6 pro boxing bouts not 5).

Your narrative sucks.
Beating up cab drivers in New Zealand ≠ picking up mileage

Cro Cop's two fights vs Hunto alone were more taxing than all of Izzy's first 70 KB fights combined

Izzy definitely has a lot of mileage. He has a lot of fights and fights very often. That's a lot of training camps. Even the biggest Izzy hater must respect that.

He probably didn't have as many injuries and wars as Cro Cop. Cro Cop fought so many killers. Cro Cop fought at a much higher level in kickboxing than Israel did. Nobody is disputing that.

The whole point TS is making is that we are now seeing Izzy show signs of decline after around 30 MMA fights, just like Cro Cop. People criticized Cro Cop and said he was never good once he started losing but now the same is happening to Izzy. Cro Cop was clearly a top 3 HW for about 5 years. Izzy has clearly been the best Middleweight in the world the last 4 years or so but nothing can last forever. Everyone begins to decline, especially kickboxers with tons of mileage
There are muay Thai fighters with 300 fights. The quality of the opponent matters.

Izzy legit fought like three good fighters his entire kickboxing career and lost to all of them.

An insult to compare Mirko to this guy

Prime Mirko was also 6'1" 210lbs beating monsters like HMC, Hunto, Sapp

Izzy lost to the only guys who were the same size as him once his reach bullying got exposed
You are so incredibly ignorant it's laughable. Carry on

Mirko fought some of the most legendary kickboxers of his time. By the time Gonzaga got to him Crocop already had a whole career in Pride with many ups and downs

This is not a good reference

CroCop failed repeatedly in the UFC in the middle of his "successful career" in Japan.

It is widely known that the Japanese Bookers and Mafia played a lot of tricks to get CroCop on top in Japan.
-> One example is booking CroCop to fighting Heath Herring, and telling Herring that he would be fighting a wrestler... then a few days before the fight Heath was told he would be fighting CroCop. Meanwhile CroCop had months to train.

Shit like that. His own former manager came on record to admit this.

So, no wonder CroCop repeatedly failed in the UFC. Losing record, including getting flatlined by Schaub of all people

This is not a good reference

CroCop failed repeatedly in the UFC in the middle of his "successful career" in Japan.

It is widely known that the Japanese Bookers and Mafia played a lot of tricks to get CroCop on top in Japan.
-> One example is booking CroCop to fighting Heath Herring, and telling Herring that he would be fighting a wrestler... then a few days before the fight Heath was told he would be fighting CroCop. Meanwhile CroCop had months to train.

Shit like that. His own former manager came on record to admit this.

So, no wonder CroCop repeatedly failed in the UFC. Losing record, including getting flatlined by Schaub of all people
I think the missed the entire point of the thread.

Who were the 5 best fighters Izzy faced compared to Cro Cop?

Also keep in mind Cro Cop had a legit amateur boxing record, better than pretty much every other mma striker.

Cro Cop fought at a much higher level in kickboxing. He was fighting the absolute best Heavyweight kickboxers on the planet. Israel was very good but he was B or C level compared to Cro Cop's kickboxing career.

Cro Cop also has like 40 something boxing fights.

They were both elite MMA fighters and both seemed to slow down around 30 fights (which is normal)

TS is the one who decided to complain about mileage. Not quality of opponents.

It's not my fault TS was unaware that Izzy has more fights at the point in their careers TS decided to cherry pick.

Crocop also had 40 ammy boxing fights.

Izzy has a 32-0 amateur kickboxing career. We can do this all day that the mileage argument is dumb as Izzy in fact has more fights at the point in their career TS decided to cherry pick.

Lmao @ comparing lighterweight chinese kickboxing league to HW K1 during its peak.

Lmao @ moving the goalposts all of the sudden because you were unaware that Izzy had more fights.

TS is the one who decided to complain about mileage. Not quality of opponents.

It's not my fault TS was unaware that Izzy has more fights at the point in their careers TS decided to cherry pick.

Izzy has a 32-0 amateur kickboxing career. We can do this all day that the mileage argument is dumb as Izzy in fact has more fights at the point in their career TS decided to cherry pick.
Ermmm... I just checked Mirko's wiki. The guy actually had 86 ammy boxing fights. He also fought in the golden age of K1 as an undersized HW. Quality and quantity, Crocop wins.

Lmao @ moving the goalposts all of the sudden because you were unaware that Izzy had more fights.
I was very well aware that Izzy had more kickboxing fights before I entered this thread, I've been following kickboxing since the days of Branko Cikatic.
I will reiterate: I laugh at anyone that thinks Izzy's mileage (since mileage is about accumulated damage not strictly the number of fights you have been in), damage taken, or strength of competition during his kickboxing career was even fractionally comparable to Mirkos. He beat Le Banner in his debut and lost to Hoost in his very next match. Those two alone are better quality competition than Izzy ever faced.

Back