Critique my diet

Hilnder

White Belt
Reaction score
I am currently attempting to go out for college wrestling team.... because this is my first year wrestling in college i need to make the weight i want to wrestle at to get certified for it while being hydrated. I currently weight about 165 and am thinking of cutting to 157. Anyway i just want to know if what i am eating is good or bad for my attempted weight loss...

Today i ate:

Breakfast: like 1/4 cup of cottage cheese, 1/4 cup of yogurt with a little granola, 1/2 cup oatmeal with craisins, and a few small pieces of pineapple, 2 cups of tea

Lunch: Half of a large banana

Snack: other half of banana

Dinner: small Salad of bean sprouts, baby spinach, romaine lettuce, a little bit of sunflower seeds, some craisins and a little bit of italian dressing, one grilled chicken breast, half of a rather large slice of fresh whole grain bread, 2 cups of tea.

I've been running: Saturday 2 miles, sunday 5 miles, and this morning at 6am 2 miles, tomorrow i am giving my legs a break and am going to open mats and taking my martial arts class. I am hoping i can make 157 by the time i need to get certified which i am unsure when that will take place

come on people i need insight... am i eating too much or not enough?

Damn what's with the no real carbs all?

what the hell are you talking about? hes got yogurt,oatmeal,pineapple,a banana, lettuce, and bread in there.

In my opinion that's not enough food. How much do you weigh?

For one, I'd cut out the lactose that you get every morning. Switch to eggs, tuna, smoked salmon and other things every other day.

You can go for 3-4 bannans for lunch and snack. That half and half thing you're pulling is pretty funny.

If you feel the need to snak more often, add apples to your diet. They are low in calories and take very long to digets so they're very safe.

Yeah, you need more food between breakfast and dinner. You can move the cottage cheese/yogurt to the afternoon snack and eat some lean meat/vegies for lunch. Also, pineapple and craisins have lots of sugar. Like stated above, eat apples.

I weigh 165 lbs, i live at school so that kind of limits what i can get in the morning like they dont serve tuna, salmon and stuff like that very often in the morning egg whites certainly are not hard to come by though and the fact that i live on campus also limits what i can eat for a snack in the afternoon because i am not allowed to take food out of the cafe but bananas and other fruits are easy to smuggle

Hilnder said:
oh yea and i dont like apples lol

They're an aquired tate. Force yourself to like them if you know what's good for you.

Get your book bag with you and steal 4-6 pieces of fruit every day.

See if they have tuna salad at their salad bars. Every cafeteria should serve that shit.

I'd beef up lunch a little. Maybe make a sandwich or grab a can of tuna/chicken.

You also might want to ditch the granola and craisins since both pack a lot of calories in a tiny serving. You could eat an entire banana and have the caloric equivalent of a Tbsp of craisins, and two to three bananas are equivalent to 1/4-1/2 cup of granola.

thanks for the advice on the craisins i would rather have an entire banana, not gonna lie, when i say a little granola i mean no joke like a tablespoon or less

Hilnder said:
Breakfast: 1/4 cup of yogurt with a little granola, 1/2 cup oatmeal with craisins,

half of a rather large slice of fresh whole grain bread, 2 cups of tea.
I guess if you wanna cut you'll have to reduce but seems as if its a too little for replenishing for glycogen storages.

But I'm hardly 157 pounds. Whatever suits you.

Wenis maybe I wasn't being clear enough, but I dont see alot of complex carbs in there.

yea i am feeling pretty fatiqued after just wrestling for like an hour.. I definately need more complex carbs i ate 2 pieces of whole wheat bread tonight, i almost at half of a roast beef sandwich with nothing on it but i shyed away cus it was beef

Back