Critique my bagwork

No...you can't go backwards and do amateur boxing after doing pro MMA. I wish I could amateur boxing tournaments would be a fun thing to try but I would have to fight pro boxing and pro boxers are a different level of punchers then MMA fighters.

Yeah true, it's night and day, even compared to Kickboxers/NakMuay. And the head-start is too big.

Ray Sefo is a six-time Muay Thai World Champion and got trashed by what the boxing community viewed as a "can".

Ray Sefo is a six-time Muay Thai World Champion and got trashed by what the boxing community viewed as a "can".

Chester Hughes wasnt a "can". He was a promising prospect in professional boxing who didnt have what it takes to get into the top echelon of boxing but he still was a good boxer with clean technical skills.

Some lateral movement when you’re done will help build the same habits when you’re sparring.

you look good man, keep it up. Try not to lean on that right hand

Some lateral movement when you’re done will help build the same habits when you’re sparring.

you look good man, keep it up. Try not to lean on that right hand
The Cross? sorry what do you mean? I'm leaning too much onto my left or right?

I’m being nit picky because everything generally looks good, so now’s the time to focus on the small details.

you’re light on your back foot and leaning forward instead of sitting down. Your head is coming forward robbing you of power and inviting the counter strike.

Could turn over your jab more. The first couple you had a tell for it. Turn your right foot toward the bag and that may help correct your leaning. Also, don't crowd your jab when you step in (a sometimes thing). If you are throwing the right hand to the body, commit to the technique and drop your hips a bit.

There are adjustments like bending the legs more, which will fell unnatural to a kickboxer or mma guy, but ultimately make you punch harder. It's up to you. If you're not a heavy puncher and really good off your feet it doesn't matter as much.

Back