barbell pullovers
reverse flys
one arm cable hammer hands
one arm cable chop-pulls
dumbbell shrugs
russian twists
calf raises

4 - 6 reps , 5 sets

trying to keep it sport specific , thats why there are hammer hands and 'chop-pulls'. doing those chop-pulls kinda like a pec fly , but lying on my side on a bench and pulling from the ground up to focus on developing strength when your opponent is holding you down from inside his guard and u can only use bicep and chest strength to strike.

is there anythin iv left out , any muscle imbalances etc etc? thanks

I'd like to see overhead press in there. You could put them in in place of upright rows.

thanks bro , good idea. can i use em to replace dumbell shrugs instead? i fjkuin hate dumbell shrugs

parallax86 said:
day 1
power squats
good mornings
calf raises (15- 20 reps)
one arm dumbell rows
incline dumbbell press
upright rows
bicep curls
tricep pushdowns
situps
---------------------------
day 2
stiff legged deadlifts
lunges
barbell pullovers
reverse flys
one arm cable hammer hands
one arm cable chop-pulls
dumbbell shrugs
russian twists
calf raises

4 - 6 reps , 5 sets

trying to keep it sport specific , thats why there are hammer hands and 'chop-pulls'. doing those chop-pulls kinda like a pec fly , but lying on my side on a bench and pulling from the ground up to focus on developing strength when your opponent is holding you down from inside his guard and u can only use bicep and chest strength to strike.

is there anythin iv left out , any muscle imbalances etc etc? thanks

Bro, that routine scares me and should be dropped for any number of solid routines that have been posted here. Carnal recently posted a solid routine that you can adjust based on your needs.

For a proper answer to your question, there are simply too many unanswered variables such as the following:

* Height / weight?

* Years spent lifting?

* Current knowledge level of strength training methodology?

* Sports specific goals?

* Strength goals?

* Are there other sports you train in, if so what?

* Why two days a week?

* Etc, etc..

* Height / weight? 5'6 , 75 kgs / 165lbs (15% bf)

* Years spent lifting? bout 5 on and off , bin out sick 4 the last 2 months

* Current knowledge level of strength training methodology? currently doin a ba in it at university

* Sports specific goals? mma. is that what ur askin?

* Strength goals? as strong as possible without goin over 170 .

* Are there other sports you train in, if so what? no. joggin 3 days , mma at least once a day 6 days a week.

* Why two days a week? gonna hit 3 days a week alternating

* diet is pretty good , plannin on takin a protein supplement.
wat else u wanna know ?

there is no way im goin to hit carnal's plan with the reps and sets he is talkin about for another month or so , i want to get myself relatively conditioned first.

parallax86 said:
* Years spent lifting? bout 5 on and off , bin out sick 4 the last 2 months

2 months? Something is wrong with that picture!

Why have you been sick?

parallax86 said:
* diet is pretty good , plannin on takin a protein supplement.
wat else u wanna know ?

Roughly 60% of your body

Entropy is da man. Listen up... you don't get advice of this value for free very often.

I know! Between CarnalSalvation and ENTROPY, I often feel like I'm stealing a seat in a GFH seminar. What's even better is that they're so different.

EDIT: Oh yeah! And, ENTROPY, I have to take issue with your preposition usage. You can't say 8 reps of 3 sets; you have to say 8 reps for 3 sets. You got some other minor usage problems, but I'll let them slide.

I think this forum should give me mod powers to correct grammar and diction. We would have the most cleanly punctuated discussion on the internet.

HULKAMANIA said:
You got some other minor usage problems, but I'll let them slide.

You HAVE some minor useage problems.

Let's not make grammar an issue.

That's not grammar; it's word choice. And "got" is perfectly acceptable IMHO!

HULKAMANIA said:
That's not grammar; it's word choice. And "got" is perfectly acceptable IMHO!

I are not impressed.

Just meant we want to focus on the S&P, Hulky. Rock on.

Haha, I know. Really, it was just a joke. If you check that "OMG T-nation got something right!" thread, you'll see how I first got started trying to edit ENTROPY's posts.

But I'm not entirely serious about the mod thing.

Not entirely... ;)

thanks bro , much obliged. got acid reflux & chronic sinusitus that kept gettin misdiagnosed as throat or chest infections. fuckin gps. gonna copy paste and print that . shot!

I'd add a hip extension exercise to what entropy made for you.

Entropy said it very good. Not that complex. Very basic actually. good job!!!

parallax86 said:
thanks bro , much obliged. got acid reflux & chronic sinusitus that kept gettin misdiagnosed as throat or chest infections. fuckin gps. gonna copy paste and print that . shot!

Let

i live in south africa , and i am dealin with the acid reflux with a guy whose literally a world-reknowned professor of something or other related to it. shot tho

Back