Cristiano Ronaldo is Ben Askrens no.1 Fan

Yeah that's our American hubris. Even in sports we gotta kind of do our own thing while the rest of the world is more interested in something else.

I can get into soccer (yeah yeah, football) during the world cup but that's about it. Just how we are raised here but our own football (American football), basketball, baseball are king. Our best athletes play these sports (well, the first two anyway, maybe not baseball so much) and it's why we aren't competitive in soccer.

Also, Floyd isn't close to Ronaldo or Messi when it comes to fame right now. Iirc they just did a list based on a variety of factors and it was those two followed by Lebron I think wasn't it?
That's alright. I mean, the U.S is still the place to be at in terms of everything, the American Dream.

If you like quality football, it has to be the Champions League, although the top teams have shown a bit of a drop in performance compared to those in the era of Guardiola's Barcelona who would destroy anything on its way.

The world cup has gotten worse and worse for the past 3 editions. The U.S actually had a pretty solid team 2 world cups ago, definitely not the worst team and I remember Donovan being the iconic player there.

All in all, football is getting boring because tactically we've seen every trick in the book and its two best ever players are getting old, or it's just me having other things to do in life than sitting down and watching sports haha.

And yes they did calculate that fame thing where Lebron made top 3 ahead of Messi, based mostly on social networks and endorsements.

Wat8.jpg
Lmao, & this post sums up my thoughts of this thread so far lol

How did anyone...

I guess if you're gay you might spot it?

Back