Cris Cyborg and Cecilia Braekhus verbally agree to fight

she's undefeated, so... no. good post, though! bad hands, imaginary wrong fighter...
She's fighting Ann Sophie Mathis who is the girl that KO'd Holm in boxing then lost a UD to her in a rematch. Cyborg has bad hands, she has no credentials and no good wins.

Cyborg doesn't have good hands at all, she's going to get absolutely clowned. Isn't Braekhus fighting that old woman that Holm beat like 10 years ago? Cyborg isn't going anywhere while she's under contract with the UFC.
This, totally pointless.
But I can respect it.

Cyborg beats men in training this is a mismatch. She powerbombed Tito Ortiz ffs!

Is that the reason why everyone in the 135lb division find excuses not to fight her when they clearly said they would at a catchweight?

Everyone? Holly is the only one who has ducked Cyborg and thats not surprising considering she ducked Braekhus as well.

TlK63ERYSGQsdqG04uc.gif

She's fighting Ann Sophie Mathis who is the girl that KO'd Holm in boxing then lost a UD to her in a rematch. Cyborg has bad hands, she has no credentials and no good wins.

ann sophie mathis =/= cecilia braekhus, which is who the rest of us are talking about. you know, like the thread title?

edit: my bad, i misread your initial post.

Cyborg doesn't have good hands at all, she's going to get absolutely clowned. Isn't Braekhus fighting that old woman that Holm beat like 10 years ago? Cyborg isn't going anywhere while she's under contract with the UFC.

Please provide a copy of her *x amount of fights *fight deal that explains that. for all we know this is another one off fight she took while waiting on what Ronda or Tate would do but doesn't go beyond on that freeing her up for a boxing match at the new year.

giphy.gif

She fought the best Muai Thai/Kickboxer in the world a few years ago

and got absolutely clowned.
What? Be serious! Jorina Baars is an absolute beast bro and Cyborg did pretty well against maybe the best Thai fighter in the world. She survived 5 rounds with Jorina and lost a decision

It sucks she has to try to get fights outside of MMA to keep challenging herself since there is no 145 in the UFC. I can almost guarantee if Gina came back tomorrow and signed with the UFC, they would be willing to open the division for her. It's ridiculous.

Is that the reason why everyone in the 135lb division find excuses not to fight her when they clearly said they would at a catchweight?

Just about every women currently fighting in the UFC 135lb division has fought in the 145lb division during there fight career. So whats the big deal of fighting at a catchweight? They clearly fear the Cyborg beat down why else would they run down to a division they know she can't possibly make.
Most of those women fought above their weight class to appease Gina and Cyborg during the Strikeforce and EliteXC days because there were no other 145 lb women the organizations could find. They really aren't obligated to go back to that circus again if Cyborg isn't willing to return the favor and come down to their weight class for once.

Most of those women fought above their weight class to appease Gina and Cyborg during the Strikeforce and EliteXC days because there were no other 145 lb women the organizations could find. They really aren't obligated to go back to that circus again if Cyborg isn't willing to return the favor and come down to their weight class for once.
It sucks she has to try to get fights outside of MMA to keep challenging herself since there is no 145 in the UFC. I can almost guarantee if Gina came back tomorrow and signed with the UFC, they would be willing to open the division for her. It's ridiculous.

EliteXC and Strikeforce both had a Bantamweight division for women. Again these women moved down when they knew they might be next in line for Cyborg.

If there is anything more irrelevant to me than WMMA it's women's boxing. Never heard of this chick.

EliteXC and Strikeforce both had a Bantamweight division for women. Again these women moved down when they knew they might be next in line for Cyborg.
They had to go up because there were no legitimate 145 lb women other than Cyborg and Gina to fight. Why would they keep fighting in a division that isn't theirs?

Mixed emotions here.
On the one hand I'm happy for Cyborg getting big fight(s).
But on the other hand Cris has had ZERO boxing fights so far. Whereas Breakhus apparently is the (or at least on of the) top female boxers. I don't think you should be able to just walk in to the top of another sport like that.

If Cyborg wants to do another striking sport besides MMA, I'd prefer if she continued with MT/KB and got a rematch with Baars somewhere down the line.

makes sense. like 10-15 years ago, when the ufc divisions were all shit except 170... so their 185/205/hw champs went down to 170 to fight actual competition. /s

Next news: "Cyborg traveling to Mars...but still doesn't want to make 135 lbs"

Cut weight or no care

Back