Cringe Numbers, Regaining Glory

Trabaho

Mighty
@Black
Reaction score
Hi. I'm at 263 pounds currently. Looking to get back into Demon shape which I haven't been in years. Just quit cigarettes since like 4-5 weeks, will bum of 1 or 2 if opportunity is there.
My sleep pattern is pretty bad and work ethic has gone out the window.

Let's see what we can do I loved to work out.

Goal is to be good at kickboxing again.
So I'll take it all, speed, Cardio, skills, strength, I consider any training beneficial for me.

Also goals to feel good and be healthy and make me mentally strong. And why not look good. Plus stress relief and feeling the endorphines from blood pumping and sweating. Also training actively enhances my willpower.

Tonight's workout was warming up most joints for about 7 minutes by doing circular movements. Followed by warm up on bench press, just the bar 2 sets
Then
40 kg 2 sets x 10
60 kg 1 set 7

Already felt my chest burn and muscles get weak.

Then went to the "functional excercise" area aka cage and did some hmmm like bands pulling myself up for back muscles altered with no weight squats. About 3 sets of this.

Then it was 5 rounds heavy bag doing mostly boxing just a few kicks sparkled in as my lower back didn't like more today. 3 min rounds, 1 min rest. Feels my skill is there but my back is stiff and can't really kick.

My power was not there as the bench pressing drained my chest.

That's literary it. Walk to the gym is about 10 min. So 2 x 10 min walk

This feels like 20% of what I would've done back when I was I shape. But we gotta start now with what we have.

Alright, that's it for starters. Thanks for following. Encouragement and comments are welcome.

I hope I keep this up.

Let go let go let go

Last edited:
Welcome pizza man. Biggest step to your fitness goal is the 1st one through the gym door.
Date night at the bar is now in the power rack!

Welcome pizza man. Biggest step to your fitness goal is the 1st one through the gym door.
Date night at the bar is now in the power rack!

Agree. Just getting to the gym is half the battle won. <Moves>

Slept till late went to the gym even later. Am not unemployed just work random days.

Hardest thing again convincing my mind to walk to the gym and just do it. Lazyness is a habbit.

Workout

10 min walk to gym
Little joints circular warm up, as in doing circle motions to warm up joints and a bit stretching, all under 10 minutes.

It's a fitness gym with a small box room with 2 long heavybags, it was free so that's the first thing I did.
5 x 3 kickboxing on the bag. 1 min rests. Felt way better then yesterday. Though my bench press affected muscles are a bit sore from the previous day. And my hip / lower back is very stiff and slightly aching. Can't throw a high kick. Mostly punches and a few low kicks, just a few rare front and mid kicks in there too. Session done in shoes.
First round light to Warm up. What can I say I love bag workouts, always worth it

After that did some squats. An impressive 3 x 7 50 kg. I know you envy me. Well I did some unweighted squats like 3 weeks ago and got sore from them. So I consider 50 kg just getting back into shape. I assume I'll be at 80 kg withing 3-4 months. Also did 1 warm up set with just the bar so 20 kg.

Then did some back exercise where you lay and pull the weight, it's not a cable Maschine but like weight on a bar. Don't know what it's called. Did like 5 sets. Didn't even count the weight. Maybe 30 kg.

Then did curls. I think 4 sets, maybe even just 3. 8 reps each hand. 12 kg dumbells.

Then 10x unweighted squats.

Last thing 10 min walk back.

That's it for tonight. It was a very late session again.

New goal poped up my mind to apear at the fight gym on Thursday in the Sparring class and have some fun. Means I got tomorrow to get my hip feeling better and get some Cardio. Best not lift weights, eat a lot protein, get a good sleep in, hydrate and just hit the heavy bag and treadmill. Or also go for some long walk. But nothing that will give me sore muscles.

Since I gained weight checked if my Muay Thai shorts still fit me and surprisingly they do. Guess they are that elastic.

So that's a short term goal.

Next goal would be to exercise regularly.

And I clearly need to eat less. Smaller portions. Less sugar. No chocolate candy stuff. No juices, including 100% fruit juices. And more lean protein. Enjoy being hungry sometimes or with a empty stomach. I eat too much quantity wise and too much sugar.

OK thanks for watching. This log feels like it will keep me straight on being consistent and going to the gym. And it will show me black on white, what I done and what time I wasted or used.

So have a nice evening everyone, I guess Americans are most prevelent here. In Europe it was time to go to bed like 4 hours ago. Hey my sleep patterns need work too. One thing at a time.

Edit : think I'll won't go to any kickboxing classes till the rash on my right shin is gone. Got some creme for it but might take a few days.

Last edited:
So I already messed up big time due to my messy sleep patterns. Day 3 was rest as I felt genuinely sore, had time and mood to hit the gym but rest was the way to go. Then yesterday day 4 I messed up as I only slept 20 minutes, then fell l asleep mid day.
It was a really long sleep so today I am drowsy. Sucks. But tricking my mind into going to the gym by saying I'll just do some heavy bag and maybe overhead presses. I feel freaking sleepy and shit.

OK let's go to the gym for 5-10 rounds heavybag and a few sets weights.

I'll report if I did it.

It becomes clear my sleep is the #1 issue.

Good luck and have fun!

Thank you am at the start of 10 rounds heavybag, some other younger dude stepped into the room. Will make for some competitive atmosphere. Good there's exactly 2 bags.

Thus far doing a bit intro work my Cardio feels way better. Lungs recovering from smoke.

So session was

Walk to gym 10 min

Treadmill on speed 5 10 min
Note : when I just got off cigs these 10 mins felt so hard now it was just ez

Next 3 x 8 Squats no weight. Well my weight is enough 258.

Tried to do Squats with 50 kg didn't have it in me stopped after second rep. My hip doesn't feel energized and drowsy or something tonight. Though overall tonight training feels much easier then the first two where I felt like I didn't belong. Feel normal again just weak.

So stead did this squat between the legs up to shoulders pull exercise with kettbells 24kg 8 reps x 3 sets

5 x 3 heavybag, 1 min rests
Water break
5 x3 heavybag, 1 min rests

Apsolutely felt like dying from 8 round. Some 2 kids where in there too and watching and that motivated me to not lack, couldn't mentally take breaks during the 3 mins. Also threw like half those with power. Round 9 was a break round only tapped the bag, with proper technique and pace but only 20% power to recover, thought I was in round 8. Then last round got it done too.
When I do bag usually I never quit how much rounds I set out to do cause I imagine if it was a fight I'd quit too from exhaustion if I quit now.
I must've thrown between 500-700 strikes In 10 rounds

All in all it was 10 rounds not some act of excellence, but you gotta measure yourself on your own progress.

OK the first few session getting back always gone suck the most. So let's get back. 3 in the bag, feeling Fitter tighter.

Honestly if it wasn't for this log and you guys saying hi I don't think I would've went tonight. So thanks for that, for the support. What community should be about. I just felt stupid leaving 3 empty days in the log.

Now very glad I went.

It's become cristal clear that my sleep pattern is my enemy.

But no excuse everything changes when you get active. Can't just wait on it to work out.

OK that's it.

I think I will do another session tomorrow. Hold me accountable lol. At least 10 rounds bag tomorrow. Then Sunday got a lot of time so I'll def do a good session, with properly lifting weights and just some bagwork at the end.

OK thanks for tuning in guys, God bless ya'll, stay grindin.

~ trabaho

Walk to gym 10 mins
Walk on treadmill 30 mins, slow speed - 4
Warm up joints, stretch under 10 mins
Heavybag 5 x 3
Walk back 10 mins

Felt great

So it's been a week without training, I'm not ashamed to admit.

Weight is still super high, inspired to get to 90-95 kg. Was on the edge of thinking 115-120 is good. Realized I'm not that big. This is just fat. Also wouldn't wanna look like Shane Carwin if I had muscles at 6 foot 260 pounds. That's Slow and disfunctional compared to 90 kg.

My rash got way better, Playing with the thought of going to kickboxing tomorrow. That's one expensive gym. So I better be sure that I'll be regulary going there. Work kinda takes too much time and energy.
Definitely want to change my work situation for the sake of more time and energy.

Ight. That's it for tonight.

Have a good 1 fellas.

Walk to gym 10 min
Treadmill speed 3.5 and 4 10 mins
Quick joint warm up 3-4 mins
3 rounds heavybag x 3 min. Had to stop after 3, my liver hurt during the second round like the food I had before hadn't digested. So I hit the weights in plan to do some more rounds at the end. Full stomach lifting doesn't bother me. Bag and Cardio yes.
Bench press
15 x 40 kg
12 x 40 kg
Gym is super hot and pretty full am sweating drops.
7 X 70 kg this set felt hard
8 X 60 kg now my arm and hands hurts, joints sekeltal, everything outta shape and gotta strengthen again
7 X 60 kg
Too many people, it's like they separated all the oxygen from the air.
3 x 15 crunches
Noticing training is hard cause I carry a lot of fat around. Drop The fat be 90 kg, then if I wanna get bigger add muscles. 118 kg of fat is not effecient. Everything feels harder then it should feel. I should be determined to change my eating like I did to stop smoking after 5 years. Only takes 2 weeks to get used to a new habbit.
Also today was forced to sleep during afternoon day time. No wonder I feel sh*t. Rested but in a weird way. It's later but feels early. But don't whine b! Tch, lift some weights cause nobody cares work harder.
Overhead press
3 sets of 8 x 40 kg

Lay flat row for upper back machine, no cables, wide grip, what's this thing called.
2 sets 12 x 15 kg
6 X 30 kg
8 x 25 kg
Aprox. 15 min break drinking an amino drink with 7g l-leucin l-isoleucin and l-valin
Am not a Sup guy, only buy flavorless natural whey and use it like any other food.

Heavybag 4 x 3
Rest, maybe 1 min getting the last few kicks and punches outta my system, wasn't much but ok

Walk back 10 mins

Satisfied with the work load and effort. This can be called a workout. Not satisfied with how I felt.

Was a month ago at the doctors, scanned my hip, tests came back healthy to my surprise. I noticed what I do that block and weakens my hip. Today was weakened hip day again. Gonna fix that. Without a fresh hip you can't effectively kick or punch.

To be effective at a sport it also takes lifestyle changes.

Also thinking bout doing some Blitz diet. Minimizing carbs and fat. Increasing protein and low calorie foods. Def sick of carrying this unfunctional fat around.

I'm almost certain tomorrow will be another workout as I am free from work.

OK that's it. Thanks for tuning in. Stay grinding guys, it pays off.

10 min walk to gym
5 min joint warm up
Can't bend vorward, my left side of hip is F'd, will probably be good tomorrow.
Lat pull down wide grip
15 x 30 kg
10 X 50 kg
10 x 50 kg
Mid back Maschine pulls
15 x 30 kg
8 X 50 kg
12X 45 kg
12X 45 kg
1 x 3 min heavybag
Nah can't retotate my hip, stop after 1 round
15 kg plate with both hands pul up in front of me for shoulders 2 x 8
Biceps dumbell curl one after the other hand
8 x 14 kg
8 X 12 kg
8 X 12 kg this time simultaneous both hands
Dumbell shrugs
12 x 24 kg
12 x 24 kg
Doesn't feel good on my fingers, switching to bar pull up for traps
8 X 25 kg, assuming the short bar is 5kg, for sure is. Feels a lil heavy but don't intend to do the extra work of changing the weight to 7.5 kg plates on sides
8 X 25 kg
1 set 16 reps of this hanging rope cable thing, it's easy, a bit push ups and back pulls but your feet are grounded so it's a easy excercise
Noticing my upper body is burnt and in things lower body my hip is bad so not much left to do, gotta wake up early
anyways
Let's do some calf raises and farmer walks with Ketbells
24 kg ketbell in each hand calf rises
3 x 15
Farmers walk with the 1x 24 kg ketbell, did 20-30 seconds. That didn't feel easy on my brittle fingers.

OK now 10 min walk back and rush to sleep. Hope to get 5 hours of sleep.

Workout felt good. Totally thought I was overtrained ect but was a good workout in fact it's just hot and I was sluggish after a long sleep and big eat but workout was fine.

Def gonna take care better of my hip and spring around like a frog. This extra weight gotta be sheded. Work ethic is coming along. It's becoming a habitual thing again. And feels like I'll be able to do a lot again.

Obviously today's exercises were the easier ones but it's a good one.

Feelin a bit post workout depri, maybe spent too much energy. Workload is something you optimize as you go. No big deal glad I'm not lazy.

OK post more tomorrow if I exercise again.

TtyL

Last edited:
Sherdog often doesn't work from mobile so I take it as a sign to quit

Quit Sherdog or quit training? Both are the wrong answer. Blood in, no out.

Quit upadating this log. Forum didn't work for like 4 days in a row.

I think I might just drop in post something worthy every now and then stead blog each session

Just dropped in to say I hit 80 kg bench press x 7

Felt good today. Not good but rested.

My hip def something wrong with it constant pain and numbness, I booked a appointment with an actual doctor for that, not the general doctor who said my scan pics were fine. He said a expert viewed it and it was Healthy. How come I got pain? I'm even theorizing it's cause I'm the wrong nationality. Like it hurts I'm not pretending or thinking. Well we'll see.

Let me try another set of 80 kg, BRB to let you know if I could do some more reps.

Warm up Toda was 1 hour threadmill on slow speed, music was good in my ear so I stayed and surfed and just walked it. Now did this bench press thing, next heavy bag 4 rounds then maybe some curls and overhead press and maybe a bit bench again.

This 80kg set def crushed my muscles some.

My hip and fingers def gon get tested. My two weak areas. Fingers for over a decade, hip a bit recent like 1 and a half year gives me problems.

Ight ttyl

Last edited:
Another set 7x 80kg

My fingers hurt, I think my body is ruined <45>

Sport is Mord bros

Damn squats are hard, doing 50 kg x 8.

Gotta ad bodyweight 117 kg so that's extra weight I gotta squat.

All my life did bench always avoided squat and deadlift

Also today overdosed on cocoa, ate a whole 70% Dark chocolate, so 70g of pure cocoa. And 2 coffee. Am sweating like never in my life. Heartbeat up. Taking breaks at the heavybag cause I'm Overheating. Technique is improving.

So decided gonna change my job to have more energy for sport.

Ight keep you updated boys and man and female sherdogers.

<3

Back