• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies CREED III ($58.6 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

If you have seen CREED III, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Rocky is my favorite character of all time.

This was ok. Something was missing and I don't think it was Rocky. The movie just felt like it never picked up into that next gear. They also really need to improve the music. It's just all generic, unmemorable tracks. I'm glad they don't overdue it with the old Rocky music but I'd prefer that over what we are getting currently.
Why do they need to put rap music in the training montage? It it because the main character is black? Kind of cringe. It’s not like “gonna fly now” is white people music. The best part about Rocky is the training montages. And it fucking motivates you. Non of the Creed movies made me felt like that.

Saw it Thursday night. Definitely could have used Sly in the movie but I enjoyed it anyway

Majors was a solid antagonist. A cross between Clubber Lang, Tyson and Joe Frazier

I enjoyed the last fight sequence. You can tell MBJ is a huge anime fan

8/10
I gave the movie an extra point for the anime influence. That shit was cool.

Why do they need to put rap music in the training montage? It it because the main character is black? Kind of cringe. It’s not like “gonna fly now” is white people music. The best part about Rocky is the training montages. And it fucking motivates you. Non of the Creed movies made me felt like that.
Less race, more age of the target demographic. Times change, so soundtracks change too.

Less race, more age of the target demographic. Times change, so soundtracks change too.
They problem is they aren't even using cool, catchy rap songs. They are entirely forgettable.

I gave the movie an extra point for the anime influence. That shit was cool.
I didn't even know it was supposed to be an anime influence. I thought it was because they did not want to go over budget by spending more the sequence on the crowd or that it was during covid that they partially shot the scene

They problem is they aren't even using cool, catchy rap songs. They are entirely forgettable.
I'm watching Creed this weekend so can't comment, but I'd believe it. There's no avoiding generic shit given producers are usually ancient and not exactly cool hip and in touch with the youthes.

I'm watching Creed this weekend so can't comment, but I'd believe it. There's no avoiding generic shit given producers are usually ancient and not exactly cool hip and in touch with the youthes.
Even Rocky Balboa used that catchy "It's a fight" rap song and I remember it fifteen years later. I saw Creed III two days ago and can't remember the song for the montage. <45>

Not everyone one that’s young is into rap. Movie soundtracks should be it’s own genre. We don’t listen to the Terminator soundtrack and the The Dark Knight soundtrack on the radio. Creed should make it’s own soundtrack thats it’s own thing that fits with the training montages and boxing matches.

Not everyone one that’s young is into rap. Movie soundtracks should be it’s own genre. We don’t listen to the Terminator soundtrack and the The Dark Knight soundtrack on the radio. Creed should make it’s own soundtrack thats it’s own thing that fits with the training montages and boxing matches.
Of course not, but it's kind of hard to argue that rap is not among the most popular, if most popular, genre of music with the target audience.

I didn't even know it was supposed to be an anime influence. I thought it was because they did not want to go over budget by spending more the sequence on the crowd or that it was during covid that they partially shot the scene

To be more specific they are just solely talking about Hajime no ippo when they say Creed 3 is influenced by anime.

6347B134-DF33-4F49-9999-AFAD05CD21B2.jpeg DF61F127-E221-4A82-AD47-5CCA921CA37A.jpeg FD3D968B-648E-46D9-8EF8-904BFA389A5A.jpeg 6F525692-E891-45CE-8F7D-9261B7B5ABB6.jpeg 8F50A689-703A-43EC-890F-33A3868EE525.jpeg 2C158C6D-0578-4596-9E83-F7F785916CD6.jpeg 5750F24F-86F5-47BC-8C7D-4B5B007404BC.jpeg
Keep in mind that the monkey tail is not part of Wally’s body. It’s just his shorts. Hajime No Ippo is a more realistic anime, but a little fore-fetched from reality, like you have Sendo throwing the smach punch from two inches off the ground.

D2C34D76-C9A6-472E-9543-3535E0336E03.jpeg

Last edited:

"Heart's on Fire" is definitely white people music.

Update: October 17, 2022

First Character Posters for CREED III Featuring Michael B. Jordan and Jonathan Majors [Updated with Official Trailer]

Creed III is directed by Michael B. Jordan (in his feature directorial debut) from a screenplay by Keenan Coogler and Zach Baylin. The film stars Jordan, Tessa Thompson, Phylicia Rashad and Jonathan Majors. This is the first film in the franchise without Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa.

FfRfz2nUoAA7kGi

FfRfz2qVQAEsMVX

FfRfz2oUUAISkuU

Riding out the good name of Rocky for as long as possible, while never really doing anything worthwhile. If you have 30 years advantage and the opportunity to build on a franchise that was hidebound by tropes and the expectations of the 80s, and you can't do more, then don't even bother.

It was so cringe inducing when they made the daughter deaf. Movie had great production values but a lot of cheesy moments. Wood harris and michael b jordan get cast in everything nowadays. It is almost a runing gag to have wood harris in your film he is like the new bokeem woodbine.

Last edited:
It was funny when he used to go this is "tight" and bob his head to his wifes crappy beats she made beats that you can make on a cell phone with a maybe million dollar home studio. Beats sounded like a 2002 nokia ringtone.

Last edited:
Jordan is bland af.
Thats the one this I noticed he is a much crapier actor than majors or stallone is he has a weird cadence like he was reading from a cue card. When he is on screen with better actors this is really highlighted. Jordan is either monotone or overacts and explodes.

Weakest of the 3, movie needed more fun. Felt too uptight and dramatic, a bit too soap opera for me.

Also the training montages were meh which is a huge minus for any martial arts/fighting type movie
Soap opera is the correct words felt like a starz soap opera or those new tyler perry soap operas on BET.

Last edited:
Fuck this movie and fuck Michael B Jordan, the guy straight stole Stallone’s franchise and turned it into his own mere personal cash cow.
Stallone willingly gave it to him. The first two were good. This one sounds like it sucks though, and that doesn't give me hope for the future of the franchise (if absent of Stallone).

Back